Wiped out

forme
forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
Hi All,
Well. I just woke up after sleeping all afternoon. Woke up late this am and then spend my day sleeping. Cannot be good. How do you all cope with the extreme fatigue. I don't feel sleepy, but as soon as I lie down, I'm gone. Still running low grade fevers in the evenings. I think that plays into it also.
I hope all of you had a lovely holiday today.
I guess I'll try to find something to eat. Before I blink it will be time to go to sleep again. LOL
Thinking of you all.
Lisha

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    WIPED OUT
    I guess that bus missed Sue's house and went straight to your house. I know what you are going thru. On my 1st round the bus came to my house and ran me over,then while it was at it dragged me down the street for a few blocks. That went on for a few days too. Gradually I started to get my strenght back back. You will too. It does take a little time. Believe me the 1st round is usually the roughest. The next few are better, but by the 5th round it has accumalated so much your body starts to wear down fast. At least thats the way it was for me. Others may have had it a little different. It is normal. Got to remember the stuff they are putting in our bodies is no energy booster. You will be fine, but like I was saying it will take a few days to notice. Just get that rest your body needs right now. It is going thru a lot of changes during this time. We have all been at the point you are right now. Some are going to reach that point pretty soon. We will all make it thru this. John
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Wiped out
    Hi Lisha,
    Yesterday I felt wiped out as soon as the pred exited, or whatever. I was movin r-e-a-l slow from 4:00p.m.(Sun)until right up until this morning when I woke up. Today has not been bad. I've accomplished a few things, but took my time doing everything I got done. I'm no ball of fire, thats for darn sure. I'm sorry you are so "very" tired. I worry when you say you have low grade fevers in the evening. I've been taking my temp 3 times a day and each time it reads between 98.2 to 98.4. My normal temp has always been right around 97. The chemo nurse said not to panic unless it hits 100. How high does your fever get at any given time? I hope the fever thing for you will go away soon. I'm still not able to nap, like you do...feel like I could at times, but tried to earlier today and my eyes just wouldn't stay closed and co-operate. I feel very peaceful, just not sleepy...kind of weird huh? Well...you just rest and stay down. Now it's my turn to send positive energy your way. I have alot of folks to think about tonight, and you are on the list.
    Take care...
    Love...Sue
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

Wiped out
    Hi Lisha,
    Yesterday I felt wiped out as soon as the pred exited, or whatever. I was movin r-e-a-l slow from 4:00p.m.(Sun)until right up until this morning when I woke up. Today has not been bad. I've accomplished a few things, but took my time doing everything I got done. I'm no ball of fire, thats for darn sure. I'm sorry you are so "very" tired. I worry when you say you have low grade fevers in the evening. I've been taking my temp 3 times a day and each time it reads between 98.2 to 98.4. My normal temp has always been right around 97. The chemo nurse said not to panic unless it hits 100. How high does your fever get at any given time? I hope the fever thing for you will go away soon. I'm still not able to nap, like you do...feel like I could at times, but tried to earlier today and my eyes just wouldn't stay closed and co-operate. I feel very peaceful, just not sleepy...kind of weird huh? Well...you just rest and stay down. Now it's my turn to send positive energy your way. I have alot of folks to think about tonight, and you are on the list.
    Take care...
    Love...Sue

Wiped out
    Sue,
    Its weird you said your temp. normally runs about 97 or so, mine too. If it gets 100 I have a temperature. I wonder about your blood pressure. Mine usually runs on the low side. 117/70. Seems we have more in common than just our type of lymphoma. Anyway I hope you are doing better tonight. The tiredness is normal. Keep up the good work. john
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Wiped out
    Sue,
    Its weird you said your temp. normally runs about 97 or so, mine too. If it gets 100 I have a temperature. I wonder about your blood pressure. Mine usually runs on the low side. 117/70. Seems we have more in common than just our type of lymphoma. Anyway I hope you are doing better tonight. The tiredness is normal. Keep up the good work. john

Blood Pressure
    Hi John,
    My B.P. usually reads 105/65 or right there abouts.The morning my port was implanted my B.P. was 98/60 and she took it right after we got the news about our new grandbaby coming in May. I was all excited, but it sure didn't show by my B.P reading.It's always been on the low side. When I have surgical procedures which require sedating, it usually only takes 1/4 of the amount needed to be put under, and I also have a slow wake up time after surgery. Yes...we do have alot in common with the way our bodies are and also having the same cancer diagnosis. The only difference is that I don't have it in the marrow..or at least I didn't after the BMB. My doctor seems to think it will go there eventually, but we will see. I still feel pretty good tonight. This time of night my shoulders and ribs seem to give me the most discomfort. Just achey and sore like I've done some strenuous exercising, which of course I haven't. This is when I get out the heating pad and position in where all the aches are located. Good luck in the morning.
    Sue
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Wiped out
    Sue,

Temp
    Hi John and Sue,
    My normal is also low. It runs about 97. So when I'm 99 or 100 I feel yucky. BTW my PCP does not think a fever is 99-100. He thinks that it has to be above 101. Of course I disagree with him, but I'll still keep him. Just won't always agree on things. That's how it's been so far with him.
    Also, thanks for sending me your positive vibes. I am feeling more with it right now. Had a bowl of shredded wheat and then had a scrambbled egg. Thats a lot of food for me at one time, but I did eat all of it. Whew..
    It didn't even occur to me that the "bus" stopped at my house today. Guess that shows how out of it I really am.
    I'll be thinking only good and positive thoughts for both of you tomorrow. Let us know how your doing.
    BTW Sue, your not the crazy Pred lady, just a real person with real fears. Next time you'll do great..
    Your both in my thoughts..
    Lisha
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

Blood Pressure
    Hi John,
    My B.P. usually reads 105/65 or right there abouts.The morning my port was implanted my B.P. was 98/60 and she took it right after we got the news about our new grandbaby coming in May. I was all excited, but it sure didn't show by my B.P reading.It's always been on the low side. When I have surgical procedures which require sedating, it usually only takes 1/4 of the amount needed to be put under, and I also have a slow wake up time after surgery. Yes...we do have alot in common with the way our bodies are and also having the same cancer diagnosis. The only difference is that I don't have it in the marrow..or at least I didn't after the BMB. My doctor seems to think it will go there eventually, but we will see. I still feel pretty good tonight. This time of night my shoulders and ribs seem to give me the most discomfort. Just achey and sore like I've done some strenuous exercising, which of course I haven't. This is when I get out the heating pad and position in where all the aches are located. Good luck in the morning.
    Sue

achey
    Sue,
    That achyness in your shoulders and ribs is probably a combination of the chemo effects and some lowering of those red blood cells too. They carry the O2 to your muscles and everywhere else in the body. If there is a lack of 02 your muscles will feel crampy. Mine did not start to do that until recently and it makes me feel as though my RBC's may be down a little. Although after my 1st round they did for a few days. We shall see tomorrow. When I had my blood checked before round 4 it had dropped a little in all areas. If it has dropped again before round 5 then I will know why I am so tired and have leg cramps at night. I have been fortunate so far not having any major problems. So many on here are having a rough time. Its really weird I don't feel worn out after the chemo except for the benedryl. The next day is pretty good too. By the 3rd day I am starting to drag a little. Only this time I dragged all the way to the next round. I wasn't exhausted, but I was tired. I guess this is normal. The chemo drugs do accumalate in the body. I mean those bags are not small as you know. Anyway I hope you keep up the strenght and as long as you don't overdo stuff you will be fine. Congratulations on that new grandbaby. I already have 3. John
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    forme said:

Temp
    Hi John and Sue,
    My normal is also low. It runs about 97. So when I'm 99 or 100 I feel yucky. BTW my PCP does not think a fever is 99-100. He thinks that it has to be above 101. Of course I disagree with him, but I'll still keep him. Just won't always agree on things. That's how it's been so far with him.
    Also, thanks for sending me your positive vibes. I am feeling more with it right now. Had a bowl of shredded wheat and then had a scrambbled egg. Thats a lot of food for me at one time, but I did eat all of it. Whew..
    It didn't even occur to me that the "bus" stopped at my house today. Guess that shows how out of it I really am.
    I'll be thinking only good and positive thoughts for both of you tomorrow. Let us know how your doing.
    BTW Sue, your not the crazy Pred lady, just a real person with real fears. Next time you'll do great..
    Your both in my thoughts..
    Lisha

wiped out
    Hey Lisha, being wiped out is a normal thing, it will be a roller-coaster ride with all kinds of ups and downs, I've been battling low red counts, this should have been my good week but that's not happening!!!! hahahaha I have my seventh treatment tomorrow, going to be interesting to say the least, to find out where my counts are at..... You keep fighting, it will end! Good thoughts!!! Vinny