POSITVE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Dear colleagues in the fight;
It may sound pretentious as lm too new here ,but l wish to share some positive thoughts with all of you in this particular sad days.
Many surgeries ,many loved people have passed . Unfortunately this is part of our reality and we can not ignore it, but beyond
that we are alive and as any other human been, our lives are made of good, regular and bad things. l honestly think that due to our constant figth ,
just very little people can appreciate the positive meaning of life as we can or would ! .Of course we have to post our worries , of course we have
to post our troubles, of course we have to ask and be replayed tho achieve a little of courage against our fears.When l came in to this board
l did not come searching other than hope, the name SURVIVORS really attract me! l was reaching for survivors not only in the strict sense of the
word but survivors also as human beens! l mean, people that despite there problems are living a decent life, traveling , swimming ,playing soccer (yea we are the winners of the cup ,Spain l mean), horse riding , enjoying family, this ordinary things that some times are a big mountain for some
of us .l don't know if you have realized that every Friday l ask for your week end plans, or some times l ask for your experiences traveling while you are on chemo, your answers makes me feel that lm more ,much more than a zombie just thinking in its illness ,next recurrence or so.Well this is becoming too long! What l mean is let's know the others this things that make us feel alive, let's post a positive story every week and it will
help the others (at least to me) as much as the other excellent and helpful answers that l have from you. Concerning to my l will continue asking
your week end plans , suggestions for a trip and such silly things that makes me enjoy life!
Again sorry for my english ,( please let me know if any of you have understood one single word ,you will deserve an award! LOL).
Love to all!
Pepe

Comments

• pepebcn
    aghhhhhh!!
    don't know how to tabulate this!!!
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Hello Pepe!
    I understood every single word that you wrote! I don't deserve an award though...just used to my daughter-in-laws fragmented English.( She is Ukrainian ) Yours is actually MUCH, MUCH better than hers:)
    I like your idea of positive threads. I'll be watching more closely for them and participate as much as possible.

Best wishes always

-Pat
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    No award necessary
    For someone for whom English is not a first language you do very well.

From the number of folks who respond to your posts, I think it is good to ask about those positive things. After all we all need plans for the good and fun things in life. It would be very depressing indeed to see the future with only medical issues in it.

So keep posting. Nothing is too silly. We all need a good laugh now and then and all need to be reminded that every day can be a good day.

Love to you,

Marie who loves kitties
  • pepebcn
    Jaylo969 said:

Hello Pepe!
    I understood every single word that you wrote! I don't deserve an award though...just used to my daughter-in-laws fragmented English.( She is Ukrainian ) Yours is actually MUCH, MUCH better than hers:)
    I like your idea of positive threads. I'll be watching more closely for them and participate as much as possible.

Best wishes always

-Pat

LOL
    hahaha good translation Spanish English Ukrainian !
    LOL
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I understand everything you write....
    Now, that could have something to do with the shell shock that I always experience when I arrive in Holland...I always must switch gears, otherwise the language spoken just goes over my head...ROFL! On top of which, there are 2 languages within the country...Dutch and Frise...and they are totally different! With my visit to Italy, tho, I was lost...luckily, many people spoke English, but I also learned some Italian words...and while in France, well, I took French in High School...it's a wonder I kept everything straight.

I am also lucky that while I was visiting your wonderful city of Barcelona, I was able to recognize so many words. I live in Southern California when not in The Netherlands (Holland...lol...did you know there is no country named Holland officially?), and almost 50% of our population is Spanish speaking. Granted, it's Mexican Spanish, so the sounds are different, but the words are the same...

Muy bueno!!!!

I also LOVE that you keep the board thinking, and smiling! Keep up the good work!

Hugs, Kathi
  • pepebcn
    KathiM said:

I understand everything you write....
    Now, that could have something to do with the shell shock that I always experience when I arrive in Holland...I always must switch gears, otherwise the language spoken just goes over my head...ROFL! On top of which, there are 2 languages within the country...Dutch and Frise...and they are totally different! With my visit to Italy, tho, I was lost...luckily, many people spoke English, but I also learned some Italian words...and while in France, well, I took French in High School...it's a wonder I kept everything straight.

I am also lucky that while I was visiting your wonderful city of Barcelona, I was able to recognize so many words. I live in Southern California when not in The Netherlands (Holland...lol...did you know there is no country named Holland officially?), and almost 50% of our population is Spanish speaking. Granted, it's Mexican Spanish, so the sounds are different, but the words are the same...

Muy bueno!!!!

I also LOVE that you keep the board thinking, and smiling! Keep up the good work!

Hugs, Kathi

l suppose you mean kingdom of the lower countries
    isn't?? LOL ! May be you are aware that we ( spain) have been there during couple hundred of years!
    Have big fun kathi, by the way where are you right now in the lower countries or in the States?
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Keeping Positive Attitude
    You are right we need to keep a positive attitude along with the struggles. You are doing very well keeping this board moving so thank you for your positive threads. Your English is very good. Do you have a program that translates what we write back to you? Or do you know English? We have a holiday weekend coming this weekend with it being our Labor Day on September 6. Most people have Labor Day off so there should be some vacations coming up on the board. Thanks for your support on the board. You are a great asset.

Kim
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Las Vegas, baby!
    My twin and I are celebrating our 50th with his wife and our sister in Las Vegas. It's been lots of fun so far! I'm not much of a gambler, but the lights and the sounds and the relaxation is wonderful! We're going to see David Copperfield tonight, Donny and Marie on Thursday. We did some shopping earlier.
    mary
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    No plans yet
    Not sure of my weekend plans just yet, but I'm looking forward to a week where I don't have a lot of meetings. I can just relax at home for the most part.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 said:

No plans yet
    Not sure of my weekend plans just yet, but I'm looking forward to a week where I don't have a lot of meetings. I can just relax at home for the most part.

*hugs*
    Gail

Doh!
    Just remembered we are keeping the grandchildren awhile on Sat., so our daughter and son in-law can go to a wedding.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    pepebcn said:

l suppose you mean kingdom of the lower countries
    isn't?? LOL ! May be you are aware that we ( spain) have been there during couple hundred of years!
    Have big fun kathi, by the way where are you right now in the lower countries or in the States?

Yup....we are seeing the high water...ROFL!
    I kept saying to my beau 'THIS is like no other summer I have experienced here!' I have the heating on in the house, and yesterday I wore a down vest. Turns out, it is one of the wettest summers on record here in The Netherlands...the Ijssel river is overflowing to it's winter dijks! TRULY amazing!

As far as Spanish invasions...yup, you all are responsible for the dark hair/light eyes, right? I know that the dutch were fairly good at sowing their oats far afield, as well...New York was originally New Amsterdam, and Wall Street...well, you know the rest...

LMAO!

Hugs to you, my southern friend! Kathi
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Doh!
    Just remembered we are keeping the grandchildren awhile on Sat., so our daughter and son in-law can go to a wedding.

*hugs*
    Gail

Positive, this weekend I am
    Positive, this weekend I am going to stay off this board...yeah I am going to to sit in the kitchen, sit in the living room and a......oh heck, I don't think I can do it. Love you guys! I have NO plans this weekend. Wait it's only Monday. Gosh, I have got to get back to work!! But no call yet! I just had a McDonald's McFlurry, an Oreo one, my first ONE ever, it was good, I ACTUALLY jumped in the car in my RED and black pjs and went with my husband...and, I HAD A SMALL ORDER OF FRENCH FRIES!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YES, I DID! :-(

OKAY, I WILL THINK ABOUT IT TOMORROW......BUENAS NOCHES!
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Nana b said:

Positive, this weekend I am
    Positive, this weekend I am going to stay off this board...yeah I am going to to sit in the kitchen, sit in the living room and a......oh heck, I don't think I can do it. Love you guys! I have NO plans this weekend. Wait it's only Monday. Gosh, I have got to get back to work!! But no call yet! I just had a McDonald's McFlurry, an Oreo one, my first ONE ever, it was good, I ACTUALLY jumped in the car in my RED and black pjs and went with my husband...and, I HAD A SMALL ORDER OF FRENCH FRIES!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YES, I DID! :-(

OKAY, I WILL THINK ABOUT IT TOMORROW......BUENAS NOCHES!

Pepe..........
    OK..I have put up new front and back doors yesterday.....I am fishing in the morning.......playing golf tomorrow evening before Wednesday night church meal...Thursday night I will go into work for 4 straight midnights , Sunday I will sing a solo at church..."Hold You Up" by Jeremy Camp..(and I am going to dedicate it to my wife).I will head to Nashville Monday for surgery Tuesday and be back home Thursday or Friday at latest with bells on........and all the while I will be aggravating my wife and kids to no end........Life is Good.......Buzz
  • tootsie1
    Buzzard said:

Pepe..........
    OK..I have put up new front and back doors yesterday.....I am fishing in the morning.......playing golf tomorrow evening before Wednesday night church meal...Thursday night I will go into work for 4 straight midnights , Sunday I will sing a solo at church..."Hold You Up" by Jeremy Camp..(and I am going to dedicate it to my wife).I will head to Nashville Monday for surgery Tuesday and be back home Thursday or Friday at latest with bells on........and all the while I will be aggravating my wife and kids to no end........Life is Good.......Buzz

Your solo
    Oh, I would love to hear your solo, Buzz. And it's precious that you're dedicating it to your wife.

*hugs*
    Gail