treatment decisions

daisy366
daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member
I pop in here and it's hard to deal with some of the news I learn. Linda's story etc. I will have a story soon after I get my tests next week. My brother-in-law just got his news this week - that his small cell incurable cancer is no longer responding to the chemo and there are no more options for him. Essentially he has no immune system thanks to the treatment. I just learned they think he has 1-3 months.

It's hard to think about all this. I'm giving positive thinking, diet, and other alternatives my best shot and pray I don't have to decide about future chemo.

My best to all. Mary Ann

Comments

• kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member
    Thinking of you Mary Ann
    Mary Ann,

Have been wondering how you are doing. I am so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law..certainly not the kind of news you were hoping for!

I agree there is some news that is unsettling (and that is the reality of this beast) but when I look at the number of sisters here who are doing so well, I am encouraged! Just stay focused on positive thinking and healthy eating and exercising...that is the best you can do right now.

I am sending positive energy your way in hopes that your tests are good news next week and anxiously await your update.

BIG HUGS for you!

Karen
  • jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    kkstef said:

Thinking of you Mary Ann
    Mary Ann,

Have been wondering how you are doing. I am so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law..certainly not the kind of news you were hoping for!

I agree there is some news that is unsettling (and that is the reality of this beast) but when I look at the number of sisters here who are doing so well, I am encouraged! Just stay focused on positive thinking and healthy eating and exercising...that is the best you can do right now.

I am sending positive energy your way in hopes that your tests are good news next week and anxiously await your update.

BIG HUGS for you!

Karen

Keep the faith~
    Mary Ann,

I know you're on a roll with the good eating, exercising and mental positive psyche. We do what we can, as this is our control and the rest in the hands of the higher power.

Saddened to hear of you BIL, and hope he can come to peace with his news....not easy for anyone!

I agree with Karen, the number of sisters who are doing well, does encourage us. I do what I can and try to enjoy each moment of every day.

Best to you and know I'm thinking of you!!
    Jan
    xoxoxox
  • llight
    llight Member Posts: 99
    Your terrain
    Hi Maryann,

I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. And I understand the anticipation of getting your tests next week.

I think you're doing great taking care of your "terrain" as Servan-Schreiber puts it. It IS worth something.

You're in my thoughts.
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Mary Ann, thinking of you
    Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. May his last months be comfortable.

Wishing you the best results for you tests next week. You are doing all you can with your positive thinking, diet, exercise,prayer and other alternatives. Keep up the good work.

I too hope you do not need to make any chemo decisions at this time. Your body has had time to recuperate from your other treatments. Hopefully it will have more time to recuperate, too. In peace and caring.
  • Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    Hi
    Hi Mary Ann. I am hoping and praying for good test results for you I have everything crossed including my eyes. :)
    I am sorry to hear about your BIL. This isn't the former marine is it? I lost my BIL Dan a few weeks ago to Esoph. cancer. He was diag. last year same day as my mom, Feb. 13th (FRI the 13th) They told him he was terminal and estimated 6 mos. but he lasted 18 mos. He was a strong man with a fighting attitude. Cancer is cruel and esoph. cancer is one of the cruelest. We'll be waiting for your good news.
    Hugs and prayers,
    Cindy
  • nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681
    maryann
    Sorry to hear about your Bil. This must be so difficult for you. Please try not to stress too much, you know that is not good for us. May your Bil be one to beat the odds. Peace and comfort to you and him. Hope everything goes well next week. June
  • california_artist
    california_artist Member Posts: 816 Member
    Mary Ann
    I hadn't been to the board yet when I emailed you earlier. i am just so sad that your brother-in-law is feeling hopeless. You mentioned about the treatment destroying his immune system. i was absolutely flabberghasted when i found out about that. you would think that some doctor somewhere would take the time to mention Oh, ah, by the way, we're going to give you this radiation and then you'll feel oodles better for a bit, but then you won't have an immune system that's up to par to fight what's left of the cancer.

Some things just aren't right. Do call me, eh? you know i am holding my breath til you get your good news.

love, warm smushy hugs and thoughts,

your friend,

Claudia

What DQ by the stream?? I wanna go too.
  • kathybd
    kathybd Member Posts: 126
    Mary Ann
    I am so sorry to hear about your BIL. Life can be so difficult at times like these.

Try to take it all one day at a time. And I hope and pray you won't have to make any chemo decisions at all!

I have my CT this Fri in hopes my lymph nodes have decreased. My husband had his last Fri and we are hoping being off chemo for 3 months, nothing new has popped up. He's been in alot of pain recently.

These are scarey times, huh.

Will keep you on the top of the list with my prayers!

Hugs,
    Kathy
  • jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    kathybd said:

Mary Ann
    I am so sorry to hear about your BIL. Life can be so difficult at times like these.

Try to take it all one day at a time. And I hope and pray you won't have to make any chemo decisions at all!

I have my CT this Fri in hopes my lymph nodes have decreased. My husband had his last Fri and we are hoping being off chemo for 3 months, nothing new has popped up. He's been in alot of pain recently.

These are scarey times, huh.

Will keep you on the top of the list with my prayers!

Hugs,
    Kathy

Mary Ann
    How did your doc appt go last week? I was thinking of you this morning and just had to comment.

I wish you nothing but the best, and sending out positive vibes...get 'em?

((( hugs )))
    Jan