Chip update

impactzone
impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Pretty tough surgery day 4 here and now walking very dizzy still. They have redo the iv again. That hurts as I have no veins left after chem o. It is a poke and probe miss. I have been treated well but a fully open thoracotmy is much different that a wedge or vats.They were able to get the lobe so that is good. Hugs to all who are hurting on here. I sure am.
Chip

Comments

• idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Hey Chip
    So good to hear from you. Here is a cyber HUG!!!! I hope that helps the pain a little bit. You did what you had to do to survive..... I admire your drive and determination. It has got you this far and will take you years and years into the future. I am happy to hear the good results. You get rest and heal! Take care

Jennie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Chip
    It is good to hear from you so soon after your surgery. I am sorry you are hurting + hope the hurting disappears as soon as possible.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    AnneCan said:

Chip
    It is good to hear from you so soon after your surgery. I am sorry you are hurting + hope the hurting disappears as soon as possible.

Chip
    Well done in a few days enjoying life!
    Best.
  • 462lt
    462lt Member Posts: 117
    pepebcn said:

Chip
    Well done in a few days enjoying life!
    Best.

Happy to hear from you
    I know it must be very painful but sounds like results are good. Hang in there. Thanks for the update. Laura
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Glad the Surgery is Behind You
    But, it always seems the recovery is where the real battle is fought, right Chip?

I had a full blown thoractomy last month and the recovery has been slow and full of pain as well. I get where you are coming from.

My IVs literally fell out of my veins more than 5 times...like you, chemo wrecked the internal plumbing and even though I always tell them that finding a vein will be difficult, they look at like you like you're crazy or something. I had to usually have 2 people teams put an IV in - one beating on the vein while the other searched for it and inserted. They are either too short in length, or they burst when the needle is inserted, or if they do find one, it is twisted in such a way that they cannot thread it properly.
    Again, I understand what you're saying.

I'm glad they got the culprit in your surgery - the recovery is where Time and Patience plays a vital role...it's slow going for sure, but we'll just ride each day out and hope this gets behind us.

Really am happy that all is going to plan - I have to do treatments, some radiation and I'm not sure about chemo yet...do you think you will as well? Or just surgery and watch and wait?

Best Wishes
    Craig
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Glad the Surgery is Behind You
    But, it always seems the recovery is where the real battle is fought, right Chip?

I had a full blown thoractomy last month and the recovery has been slow and full of pain as well. I get where you are coming from.

My IVs literally fell out of my veins more than 5 times...like you, chemo wrecked the internal plumbing and even though I always tell them that finding a vein will be difficult, they look at like you like you're crazy or something. I had to usually have 2 people teams put an IV in - one beating on the vein while the other searched for it and inserted. They are either too short in length, or they burst when the needle is inserted, or if they do find one, it is twisted in such a way that they cannot thread it properly.
    Again, I understand what you're saying.

I'm glad they got the culprit in your surgery - the recovery is where Time and Patience plays a vital role...it's slow going for sure, but we'll just ride each day out and hope this gets behind us.

Really am happy that all is going to plan - I have to do treatments, some radiation and I'm not sure about chemo yet...do you think you will as well? Or just surgery and watch and wait?

Best Wishes
    Craig

Chip
    wishing you a speedy recovery and that the pain goes away real soon

michelle
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member

Chip
    wishing you a speedy recovery and that the pain goes away real soon

michelle

Chip, good to see you back

Chip, good to see you back on-line so soon! Best wishes, and God Bless, Cynthia
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    So glad to hear from you
    Yu have had a tough time of it but glad you are able to check in here.

I can appreciate the vein issue as I have similar problem, not from chemo but that is just how they are. When I had my surgery I finally asked them to put in a line, which can stay in at least a week versus the 3 days they wanted to leave the IVs. It was also a help with the blood draws too.

I hope your recovery goes smoothly and that you will soon be done with the hurting.

Hugs right back to ya!

Marie who loves kitties
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Chip
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    Marie
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Hey
    So glad to see you check in. Wist I can say something to make you feel better but I think that will come with time.

Brooks
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

Hey
    So glad to see you check in. Wist I can say something to make you feel better but I think that will come with time.

Brooks

All over now........
    glad to have ya back buddy.....heal well and heres to a speedy recoup.....love to ya buddy.......buzz
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Chip
    Chip,
    Thank you so much for checking in. You will stay in my prayers. I pray you have a quick recovery and get back on your board as soon as possible.

aloha,
    kathleen
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Soft HUGS
    So glad things are going well, sorry your hurting so much, hopefully they are giving you good pain control...take care of yourself buddy..

HUGS
    Beth
  • nursesheri
    nursesheri Member Posts: 50
    dorookie said:

Soft HUGS
    So glad things are going well, sorry your hurting so much, hopefully they are giving you good pain control...take care of yourself buddy..

HUGS
    Beth

Speedy recovery...
    and go for all the good drugs they will give ya :)
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Good to hear from you
    It is good to hear from you. I'm sorry this is such a tough one for you. But it is great that they got it! I hope your recovery goes quickly for you.
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Chip
    You are in my thoughts daily, hoping for a speedy recovery for you kind sir.
    As for the hurting, pain meds, pain meds, pain meds!!!
    Prayers and thoughts your way.
    Winter Marie
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    big surgery
    Yes, it is big surgery. So sorry to hear you are having pain and problems with vein access, etc. Hang in there! Each day should be better than the one before, at this stage. Sending loving thoughts your way.

Tara (who is minus one lobe and a couple of wedges)
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Surgery
    Glad that your surgery was good but sorry that you are hurting so much. Wishing you the best and speedy recovery.

Kim
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    Chip
    good to see you back. Holding you in the Light for healing and strength.
    ~Audrey