Cant inhale/expand lung fully

Dapsterd
Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Family...my last radiation of about qty. 30 to my middle chest and right back are complete after this Monday. Still in chemo.

Yesterday I asked my radonc why just recent i get a sharp pain in right lung (main tumor location) radiation area to where I can not inhale fully. She was worried for a few seconds thinking blood clot, but then moved to a pulled muscle, cause my oxygen levels were good and my lungs sounded clear.
My right lung area also hurts when I cough.

Radonc said take some ibropropin and if it is still painful, go to emergency this weekend. My limited knowledge tells me it isnt either one. Its been three days now.
Well it is still painful upon inhale, but if it was a clot in the right lung, I would be in serious trouble already, no? Anyone experience something like this? I have not had any surgery, tumor in right upper lobe was about fist size, but ct shows it is about 50%+ smaller now. Next CT is Aug 30th.

Dave

Comments

• Suecoon
    Suecoon Member Posts: 6
    I am 3b on maintenance
    Hi I am new to the site. My last radiation treatment was May 3. The Dr. told me you are enframed on the inside. It takes time to work its self out. If It gets worse go to the er.This is all new to me to but I am 47 and am not ready to give up. Stay in touch Good Luck!
    Sue
  • Dapsterd
    Suecoon said:

I am 3b on maintenance
    Hi I am new to the site. My last radiation treatment was May 3. The Dr. told me you are enframed on the inside. It takes time to work its self out. If It gets worse go to the er.This is all new to me to but I am 47 and am not ready to give up. Stay in touch Good Luck!
    Sue

Thanx
    Welcome to the site Sue...I am behind you about 6 mo. in treatment. How do you feel at this point?. Are you on the three-months check ups? I have lymph involvement in central chest as well as main tumor in right upper lobe, I hope all should be be very small (or gone !) come Aug 30th CAT scan.

Dave
  • Suecoon
    Suecoon Member Posts: 6
    Dapsterd said:

Thanx
    Welcome to the site Sue...I am behind you about 6 mo. in treatment. How do you feel at this point?. Are you on the three-months check ups? I have lymph involvement in central chest as well as main tumor in right upper lobe, I hope all should be be very small (or gone !) come Aug 30th CAT scan.

Dave

hang in there
    Just wanted to say my cancer is in my right bronchial tube and upper right hand corner of the same lung also in the right lymphnode or medial. I am strong and can breath alot better. I just went for my first 1 mile walk for lung cancer.The cancer did not spread after my initial treatment.So now I am on Alimta. It is a maintenance chemo to help stop it from spreading.I go every 3 weeks.Just had my first one.Not to bad a little tired but it will wear off. Stay confident.Your atitude is everything.Stay in touch. Sue
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    hi dapsterd!
    I had chemo and radiation for my lung tumor also. It was almost in my mid-chest. Soon before treatment was over I began experiencing what I called 'pinches' in the area the tumor had been. Sharp little pains that made me catch my breath. I told all three of my docs about them and they didn't seemed to concerned (said it was just healing) while I was positive it was the nasty tumor coming back. Well, come to find out the culprit was the Gym; some chest exercises. I was told to lay off a certain exercise and everything got better. But boy was I scared!
    Don't worry!
    Medi
  • Dapsterd
    medi_2 said:

hi dapsterd!
    I had chemo and radiation for my lung tumor also. It was almost in my mid-chest. Soon before treatment was over I began experiencing what I called 'pinches' in the area the tumor had been. Sharp little pains that made me catch my breath. I told all three of my docs about them and they didn't seemed to concerned (said it was just healing) while I was positive it was the nasty tumor coming back. Well, come to find out the culprit was the Gym; some chest exercises. I was told to lay off a certain exercise and everything got better. But boy was I scared!
    Don't worry!
    Medi

Pain
    Thanx all....went to chemo yesterday, had a 100 deg temp, plus this chest pain still, Doc said to go to ER (my Primary Onc is also on staff at the hospital i went to as well--so with a phone call or two from doc to er, it the visit was more effeceint).
    After a few hours, x-ray, CT, and some bloodwork, they determined the pain to radiation/post radiation "tightness"...it happens.

Nice thing is I was cleared for pneumonia, brochytis, and blood clot.

So--I am good to go I guess !!!

Thanx
    Dave