Trying to find out

forme
forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
Hi, I am new to this site. After reading many posts, I think I need to get more answers. I have an enlarged spleen and liver which was found by ct in June. I was having really bad chest pain with breathing. It was controlled by narcotic pain meds. never found a reason why my chest hurt. Dr thought it might have been a muscle or bone injury. The ct also showed a small node /mass in my medistinum. My pcp thinks I should wait and have a pet scan in a few months. No mention of lymphoma till a month after the ct scan. A Dr from the hospital called me to find out how my lymphoma workup was going. That was the first time lymphoma was mentioned. My pcp still wants me to wait, but since I have a few symptoms it seems like I should get the scan now. I am trying to find a hematologist who can help. I have had some low grade fevers and mild night sweating with the a/c running full blast. Also I feel full after eating only a small amount of food, spleen? I am so Very Very tired and feel really weak. Sometimes I have itchy legs, not horrible but itchy. My husband thinks we should get the scan now and not wait. I am trying to not get to worried but it is harder every day. Anyone have a similer story or symptoms. How were you dx. I have also had thyroid ca with mets, twice. I had two surgerys and rad treatment. Any advice would be so welcomed.
Thanks everyone.

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    FROME
    I responded to to you with the way I felt about your situation. Either somebody reported it as offensive or the site removed it. To have my response removed is offensive to me. I did not sugar coat anything. I started out by welcoming to you to the site and then attempted to offer you some solid advice. It stayed on the thread for about 20 minutes and then was removed. I am almost afraid to repeat what I wrote. Good luck and get checked out. John
  • forme
    COBRA666 said:

FROME
    I responded to to you with the way I felt about your situation. Either somebody reported it as offensive or the site removed it. To have my response removed is offensive to me. I did not sugar coat anything. I started out by welcoming to you to the site and then attempted to offer you some solid advice. It stayed on the thread for about 20 minutes and then was removed. I am almost afraid to repeat what I wrote. Good luck and get checked out. John

Thanks
    I did not get your response. I do not understand what it means to remove a comment. This is my first time at this site. Can you try to explain it to me. Thanks
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    forme said:

Thanks
    I did not get your response. I do not understand what it means to remove a comment. This is my first time at this site. Can you try to explain it to me. Thanks

See another thred...
    Hi forme...John and I both responded on another discussion thred...
    Can any of you share what your symptoms were prior to diagnosis?...
    John/Cobra is #50 response....wayyy down the page and then I responded next...#51. If you go there you can see what we wrote. I don't know why Johns comment was taken off of this thred???...speaking the truth shouldn't be considered offensive in my opinion.
    Sue
  • COBRA666
    forme said:

Thanks

Thanks
    If you notice at the bottom of the reply it says edit, reply or report as offensive. I think that is what somebody did. I guess I got up on my soapbox when I heard what your drs. response was to your symtoms. Please get yourself checked out. I am not a dr. but even I can see you do have something that is not normal going on. John
  • COBRA666
    forme said:

Thanks

I got a notice that my response to you was reported as offensive by a member. It was pulled for review. It was determined it was not offensive and placed back on the site. Only problem is it was placed on another thread. You got to see it anyway. I didn't feel it was offense and evidently the reviewers didn't either. Oh yea, they told me who reported it,but I will keep that to myself. I did not mean to offend anyone so I will keep off the soapbox from now on.
  • forme
    COBRA666 said:

I got a notice that my response to you was reported as offensive by a member. It was pulled for review. It was determined it was not offensive and placed back on the site. Only problem is it was placed on another thread. You got to see it anyway. I didn't feel it was offense and evidently the reviewers didn't either. Oh yea, they told me who reported it,but I will keep that to myself. I did not mean to offend anyone so I will keep off the soapbox from now on.

just thinking
    Hi, I just thought that I would let you know that I did not find your comments offensive. I thought that you spoke in a very honest way. This is the kind of response that is most helpful. Honest and straight forward. I already feel like I have some new friends that I can reach out to for advice, thoughts and just kind words. I am trying my best to keep the fear out of my brain, but it does have a way of creeping in. Just a little. Maybe a little less now that I have found all of you. Thanks so much.
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Awww Cobra
    You are never offensive in my opinion. Just honest,passionate and direct. Keep up with you're opinions,comments and questions. It helps you and many others.By the way wheres Vinny? Mary