Where's Cobra??

merrywinner
merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
Cobra are you out there?

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Me too wondering...
    I think John had round three this week...sure hope all is going well for him. I think about everyone every day and always get excited when I sit down at the computer to check in on the group. I worry when I don't see a post. Funny how connected we get! I told my husband that I would love to meet every single person here. It truely does feel like a family.
    Love...Sue
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    allmost60 said:

Me too wondering...
    I think John had round three this week...sure hope all is going well for him. I think about everyone every day and always get excited when I sit down at the computer to check in on the group. I worry when I don't see a post. Funny how connected we get! I told my husband that I would love to meet every single person here. It truely does feel like a family.
    Love...Sue

I'm here
    I eating like a horse. Got round 3 on Tuesday and neulastra on Wednesday. Never really felt tired until today but can't sleep. Blood counts are high. Just noticed a little hip pain but not much. I think I might move the refrigerator and stove in the bedroom. It seems everytime I get the prednisone my appetite increases more each time. After I stop then it goes back to normal. After I start prednisone again if its not nailed down I will eat it. I crave macaroni and cheese. Haven't lost my taste yet. Usually by now it is starting to go. Some people get worse symtoms with each treatment. Mine are going the other way it seems. I still get tired and feel like 120 years old with no strenght at all, but not as bad as the 1st round. The first round felt like a double decker bus ran over me and dragged me about a mile for the thrill of it. Second round was like a volkswagon hit me. This time it was maybe a bicycle knocked me down. As you can see by the time it is almost 5am on the east coast. Still awake and no end in sight. Keep thinking of that old song,"Dancing on the Ceiling". I would go for a walk, but my hips start to hurt. Better get off here and see what I can find to eat. No bull I opened a can of dog food for the dogs and it actually smelled pretty good. I woundn't eat it or anything I just thought it was weird. I don't think I would anyway.
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    COBRA666 said:

I'm here
    I eating like a horse. Got round 3 on Tuesday and neulastra on Wednesday. Never really felt tired until today but can't sleep. Blood counts are high. Just noticed a little hip pain but not much. I think I might move the refrigerator and stove in the bedroom. It seems everytime I get the prednisone my appetite increases more each time. After I stop then it goes back to normal. After I start prednisone again if its not nailed down I will eat it. I crave macaroni and cheese. Haven't lost my taste yet. Usually by now it is starting to go. Some people get worse symtoms with each treatment. Mine are going the other way it seems. I still get tired and feel like 120 years old with no strenght at all, but not as bad as the 1st round. The first round felt like a double decker bus ran over me and dragged me about a mile for the thrill of it. Second round was like a volkswagon hit me. This time it was maybe a bicycle knocked me down. As you can see by the time it is almost 5am on the east coast. Still awake and no end in sight. Keep thinking of that old song,"Dancing on the Ceiling". I would go for a walk, but my hips start to hurt. Better get off here and see what I can find to eat. No bull I opened a can of dog food for the dogs and it actually smelled pretty good. I woundn't eat it or anything I just thought it was weird. I don't think I would anyway.

im here
    Good to hear that John!!! Funny about that Prednisone, I gained weight, but I'm sick to my stomach, thank God for the Zofran! Great about the taste buds!!!! keep up the good work!!! Vinny
  • allmost60
    COBRA666 said:

I'm here

I'm here...
    Hi John...Glad to hear you are able to eat and enjoy doing it. That seems to be my biggest problem right now....nothing sounds good to eat and I feel so full after just a few bites.Forced eating takes all the fun out of enjoying mealtime. Prednisone keeps me awake also, but it never increased my appetite. I can remember one time while on prednisone I went 30 hours without sleeping and thought I would lose my mind. Shaky as all get out. I'm waiting to find out when I go for my second opinion, and in the meantime I'm just hanging out doing nothing. This week I should be a little more busy setting up appointments to meet with the nutritionist and finding out where I'll be going for massage therapy. I'm glad you posted...I use you as my guide to what to expect when I "DO" start treatment. Take care...
    Sue
  • COBRA666
    vinny59 said:

im here
    Good to hear that John!!! Funny about that Prednisone, I gained weight, but I'm sick to my stomach, thank God for the Zofran! Great about the taste buds!!!! keep up the good work!!! Vinny

Heres one for ya!!!
    Vinny,
    I got one for ya. Seems like everybody puts all the weird stuff on here that happens to them, so now its my turn. Don't mean to sound to off the wall with it though. I don't think the girls would notice as much because they are so close to the toilet when they go and the distance is not that far,then again maybe they do. Really sounding medical here ain't I? Well here goes. Have you ever noticed when you take a pee that the water is all bubbly. I never noticed it before Chemo at all. I am thinking its the chemo leaving the body, but I really don't know. Didn't mean to sound so scientific its just that I think we all notice anything that wasn't the same before all this started. At least I do anyway. Now I know everybody will be checking that is still getting treatment and even some of the ones that haven't even started yet. I guess its good they do that so they will have something to compare when treatment does start. Like I was sayoing I never checked beforehand,no reason to I guess. John
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

I'm here...
    Hi John...Glad to hear you are able to eat and enjoy doing it. That seems to be my biggest problem right now....nothing sounds good to eat and I feel so full after just a few bites.Forced eating takes all the fun out of enjoying mealtime. Prednisone keeps me awake also, but it never increased my appetite. I can remember one time while on prednisone I went 30 hours without sleeping and thought I would lose my mind. Shaky as all get out. I'm waiting to find out when I go for my second opinion, and in the meantime I'm just hanging out doing nothing. This week I should be a little more busy setting up appointments to meet with the nutritionist and finding out where I'll be going for massage therapy. I'm glad you posted...I use you as my guide to what to expect when I "DO" start treatment. Take care...
    Sue

I'm Here
    Sue,
    The prednisone really threw the old sleep schedule off this time. I was up til 6:30am this morning. Felt tired all day too. Ate my **** off til about 5pm. Went in the bedroom and laid on bed and watched tv and fell asleep until 1am. Got up and fixed a can of corned beef and ate that. Its 2am est and ready to go,whoopi!!!! I will probably be up till 6am again. May as well take my last prednisone then and try to go back to sleep. I always take it in the morning along with the zolfran (anti-nausea med). I take the allopurinol for the kidneys too. Don't want that stuff sitting in your kidneys. Just make sure you drink plenty of water during the day to keep them flushed out. All in all it has been a pretty good round for me this time. I know I got some more down days to go, but I do know what to expect anyway. The chemo brain stays with you thru out the treatment it seems. From what I hear it takes quite a while for it to go away.I guess it don't help when you are already 60 and can't remember stuff anyway. Ah,the golden years. Yea, golden my butt!!!!!. I got some worldly advice for ya, "Don't ever get old". Do that and everything will be just fine. Gotta go its time to eat again. John
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 said:

I'm Here
    Sue,
    The prednisone really threw the old sleep schedule off this time. I was up til 6:30am this morning. Felt tired all day too. Ate my **** off til about 5pm. Went in the bedroom and laid on bed and watched tv and fell asleep until 1am. Got up and fixed a can of corned beef and ate that. Its 2am est and ready to go,whoopi!!!! I will probably be up till 6am again. May as well take my last prednisone then and try to go back to sleep. I always take it in the morning along with the zolfran (anti-nausea med). I take the allopurinol for the kidneys too. Don't want that stuff sitting in your kidneys. Just make sure you drink plenty of water during the day to keep them flushed out. All in all it has been a pretty good round for me this time. I know I got some more down days to go, but I do know what to expect anyway. The chemo brain stays with you thru out the treatment it seems. From what I hear it takes quite a while for it to go away.I guess it don't help when you are already 60 and can't remember stuff anyway. Ah,the golden years. Yea, golden my butt!!!!!. I got some worldly advice for ya, "Don't ever get old". Do that and everything will be just fine. Gotta go its time to eat again. John

Rockin" and Rollin"
    Its Sunday 5:10 am est and still Rockin" and Rollin". Gimme some more prednisone. I feel like a legalized druggie. Gotta go its time to eat again.
  • vinny59
    COBRA666 said:

Rockin" and Rollin"
    Its Sunday 5:10 am est and still Rockin" and Rollin". Gimme some more prednisone. I feel like a legalized druggie. Gotta go its time to eat again.

rock
    Hey John, I've been feeling horrible, can't seem to get on track, alway's sore, and nauseous, but at least I have my taste buds. As far as the other thing you were talking about, I notice the color, almost gray, I know that's the Chemo and other meds, happened to me the last time I had treatment....... Vinny
  • allmost60
    vinny59 said:

rock
    Hey John, I've been feeling horrible, can't seem to get on track, alway's sore, and nauseous, but at least I have my taste buds. As far as the other thing you were talking about, I notice the color, almost gray, I know that's the Chemo and other meds, happened to me the last time I had treatment....... Vinny

Sorry Vinny
    Hey Vinny.. So sorry your feeling horrible. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope for some better feeling days. Hang in there!
    Sue
  • allmost60
    COBRA666 said:

I'm Here
    Sue,

Checking for bubbles...ha!
    Hey John...
    So far no bubbles after I pee!...ha! ha! I'll have to re-check after I start chemo. Speaking of food...last night I got hungry at 11:00 and heated up left over baby back ribs. OMG...talk about getting one huge belly ache afterwards! I'm going to stick to ice cream or small snacks that late at night. Glad to hear your eating good! I'm trying very hard to put on some pounds, but it's hard to do. Keep us up-dated on how your doing...I check every day to see how everyone is doing. I'm a night owl...so if your awake on the east coast...it's a safe bet I'm awake on the west coast. Take care...always thinking of you all!
    Sue
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

Checking for bubbles...ha!
    Hey John...
    So far no bubbles after I pee!...ha! ha! I'll have to re-check after I start chemo. Speaking of food...last night I got hungry at 11:00 and heated up left over baby back ribs. OMG...talk about getting one huge belly ache afterwards! I'm going to stick to ice cream or small snacks that late at night. Glad to hear your eating good! I'm trying very hard to put on some pounds, but it's hard to do. Keep us up-dated on how your doing...I check every day to see how everyone is doing. I'm a night owl...so if your awake on the east coast...it's a safe bet I'm awake on the west coast. Take care...always thinking of you all!
    Sue

Bubbles
    Yea Sue, it started about a week or so after my first chemo go round. It slacked up after the second week. Then it started again after the 2nd go round about the 3rd day. Been going ever since. I mean its clear,just bubbly. Must be some sort of chemical reaction. Like I was saying just make sure you drink plenty of water after you start chemo. You do not want that stuff sitting in your kidneys or bladder. They tell me this ever time I get the treatment. John
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Heres one for ya!!!
    Vinny,
    I got one for ya. Seems like everybody puts all the weird stuff on here that happens to them, so now its my turn. Don't mean to sound to off the wall with it though. I don't think the girls would notice as much because they are so close to the toilet when they go and the distance is not that far,then again maybe they do. Really sounding medical here ain't I? Well here goes. Have you ever noticed when you take a pee that the water is all bubbly. I never noticed it before Chemo at all. I am thinking its the chemo leaving the body, but I really don't know. Didn't mean to sound so scientific its just that I think we all notice anything that wasn't the same before all this started. At least I do anyway. Now I know everybody will be checking that is still getting treatment and even some of the ones that haven't even started yet. I guess its good they do that so they will have something to compare when treatment does start. Like I was sayoing I never checked beforehand,no reason to I guess. John

Not from this old girl
    Can't say I remember any bubbles, but you never know LOL.
  • allmost60
    COBRA666 said:

Bubbles
    Yea Sue, it started about a week or so after my first chemo go round. It slacked up after the second week. Then it started again after the 2nd go round about the 3rd day. Been going ever since. I mean its clear,just bubbly. Must be some sort of chemical reaction. Like I was saying just make sure you drink plenty of water after you start chemo. You do not want that stuff sitting in your kidneys or bladder. They tell me this ever time I get the treatment. John

kidneys
    Hi John...I only have one kidney since birth. It's on my right side and it's a little larger than normal. I've always had to watch medicines I take to make sure they arn't hurting my kidney. I drink water all day long but every once in awhile I'll treat myself to a soda...(non-diet). My coffe drinking consists of 3 cups in the a.m. and then thats it until the next morning. I like to flavor my water with a squeeze of freash lemon or lime and as a rule water is my mainstay drink and not much else. Once in awhile I'll get on a hot tea kick, but it's usually short lived and I'm back to my water.
    Take care...Sue
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

kidneys
    Hi John...I only have one kidney since birth. It's on my right side and it's a little larger than normal. I've always had to watch medicines I take to make sure they arn't hurting my kidney. I drink water all day long but every once in awhile I'll treat myself to a soda...(non-diet). My coffe drinking consists of 3 cups in the a.m. and then thats it until the next morning. I like to flavor my water with a squeeze of freash lemon or lime and as a rule water is my mainstay drink and not much else. Once in awhile I'll get on a hot tea kick, but it's usually short lived and I'm back to my water.
    Take care...Sue

Kidneys
    Sue
    I remember you saying before about the one kidney. Ain't chemo brain wonderful. Can't remember s**t. You'll see what I am talking about pretty soon. I hope you are as luckiy as I have been with after effects. A lot of people really have it rough. I do have some common things like the excessive tiredness,up and down days of energy and the chemo brain. These are things we are going to have no matter what. I have been lucky with the high blood counts, no nausea and some get really sick,no constipation or diarhea. I did get some stomach pain but I think that was due to tumor shrinkage. It was no big deal though. Of course my hair is waving bye-bye. Yours will too. The naps will become your best friend. Oh yea, watch for that bubbly pee.hahaha. I lost my taste for a few days but that can be expected too. It was a lot better this time. It starts out as a metallic taste and then the flavor goes altogether. You don't need that with your weight now. You will have to find something you can taste. I could not even taste mustard for a few days. Sweets were a lot better to the taste buds for me. Its awful to eat a piece of fried chicken that taste like one of those old diet rice cakes. No wonder people lost weight when they ate those things. They had no flavor and who wants to eat when you can't taste anything. Some people don't go thru that phase and I hope you won't have too either. All in all I feel lucky so far. John
    You know what I feel really helped me the last 2 rounds was the ENSURE. It has all the vitamins and minerals you need and the strawberry taste pretty good. It coats your stomach too. I just may keep up with it after all this stuff is over. It is kinda addicting.
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 said:

Kidneys
    Sue
    I remember you saying before about the one kidney. Ain't chemo brain wonderful. Can't remember s**t. You'll see what I am talking about pretty soon. I hope you are as luckiy as I have been with after effects. A lot of people really have it rough. I do have some common things like the excessive tiredness,up and down days of energy and the chemo brain. These are things we are going to have no matter what. I have been lucky with the high blood counts, no nausea and some get really sick,no constipation or diarhea. I did get some stomach pain but I think that was due to tumor shrinkage. It was no big deal though. Of course my hair is waving bye-bye. Yours will too. The naps will become your best friend. Oh yea, watch for that bubbly pee.hahaha. I lost my taste for a few days but that can be expected too. It was a lot better this time. It starts out as a metallic taste and then the flavor goes altogether. You don't need that with your weight now. You will have to find something you can taste. I could not even taste mustard for a few days. Sweets were a lot better to the taste buds for me. Its awful to eat a piece of fried chicken that taste like one of those old diet rice cakes. No wonder people lost weight when they ate those things. They had no flavor and who wants to eat when you can't taste anything. Some people don't go thru that phase and I hope you won't have too either. All in all I feel lucky so far. John
    You know what I feel really helped me the last 2 rounds was the ENSURE. It has all the vitamins and minerals you need and the strawberry taste pretty good. It coats your stomach too. I just may keep up with it after all this stuff is over. It is kinda addicting.

Last day for prednisone
    Prednisone is over for this round thank goodness. maybe I can get back on sleeping schedule. Then maybe I can stop eating everything in sight as well.4:15am and still ready to rock and roll!!!!!!!!!!
  • vinny59
    COBRA666 said:

Last day for prednisone
    Prednisone is over for this round thank goodness. maybe I can get back on sleeping schedule. Then maybe I can stop eating everything in sight as well.4:15am and still ready to rock and roll!!!!!!!!!!

last day
    Hey John I'm telling you that Tylenol PM has been helping me sleep thru the nasty Prednisone cycles, you should give it a try...... Vinny
  • COBRA666
    vinny59 said:

last day
    Hey John I'm telling you that Tylenol PM has been helping me sleep thru the nasty Prednisone cycles, you should give it a try...... Vinny

tylenol pm
    Vinny, anything is worth a try. I think we have some here,if not I will get some today. Thanks, John
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    COBRA666 said:

tylenol pm
    Vinny, anything is worth a try. I think we have some here,if not I will get some today. Thanks, John

Benedryl
    Try benedryl too, it helped although at the first of the 100mg days nothing worked!.....but food LOL
  • COBRA666
    dixiegirl said:

Benedryl
    Try benedryl too, it helped although at the first of the 100mg days nothing worked!.....but food LOL

BENEDRYL
    You got that right!!! Everytime I laid down all I thought about was what to eat next. Then I would think how long it would take to fix it. Yesterday was it for this round. Should go back to normal until next go round. I at least hope anyway. I know when I would have a bad cold I would take Nyquil liquid at bedtime. Only thing about that is that it works so fast. I think thats why they tell you to use the plastic cup on top of the bottle. Don't want pass out with a glass container in your hand. hahaha John