Where's my free "Welcome to the club tote bag"?

nursesheri
nursesheri Member Posts: 50
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
First timer here. I'm a 41yo divorced mom of 4 crazy kids who was recently dx with stage IV colon cancer. Just started tx, and thought it might be nice to have a little help with all this. Any and all advice, suggestions, or someone to just chat with would be helpful.

Thank you very much for reading this, and looking forward to getting to know others in the "same boat".

Sheri

Comments

• christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Hi
    Welcome to the board, Come to think of it I never got my totebag either. I am the same age as you. Good luck with your treatments. I have been done with chemo since 6/23/09, I was dxed stage III. So far it has not come back.
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    HEY!!! Where's my free "Welcome to the club tote bag"?
    I didn't get one ether!!! I think we all should talk to somebody about this!! Welcome to the board. Advice... I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Brooks
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Welcome nursesheri
    Hi Sheri and just wanted to say welcome to the board and I am confident that you will find some help here as well as lots of folks to chat with.There are many experienced folks here that can help you along as you travel along this particular journey. I wish the very best for you.

By the way...I could really use my tote bag too :)

-Pat
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Jaylo969 said:

Welcome nursesheri
    Hi Sheri and just wanted to say welcome to the board and I am confident that you will find some help here as well as lots of folks to chat with.There are many experienced folks here that can help you along as you travel along this particular journey. I wish the very best for you.

By the way...I could really use my tote bag too :)

-Pat

I got a tote bag......
    after the colostomy....tote it around with me wherever I go.....hehehe......steve
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Welcome
    Sorry about your recent diagnosis and that we have no tote bag to offer you, but we can offer our experience, friendship and encouragement. Good that you found this site as it can help tremendously especially when you just need to vent. Good luck on your treatments and keep us up to date.

Kim
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    As Steve said
    Some folks have a Welcome to the club colostomy bag. I don't wish to have a bag, I'll take what's behind door #3.
    I hope you find the info helpful here.
    -p
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Welcome Sheri
    I hope you find this forum useful; I certainly have. Good luck with your treatment.
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    Hi Sheri, Welcome to this
    Hi Sheri, Welcome to this group! Whenever you need to talk, just sign on, lots of us don't really sleep much! Let us know how you are doing. Jean
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893

Hi Sheri, Welcome to this
    Hi Sheri, Welcome to this group! Whenever you need to talk, just sign on, lots of us don't really sleep much! Let us know how you are doing. Jean

I did receive a parting gift
    I did receive a parting gift from my oncologist when he prescribed Xeloda. It was a bag with a video about Xeloda, a pill case & a tube of Utter Cream. Never received a Tote Bag either.

Welcome - You are not alone!

Lizzy
  • abmb
    abmb Member Posts: 311
    welcome
    Welcome to this board. The people on this board will support you with words, Prayers, and humor when you need it the most. Margaret
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Hey
    Hi, Sheri!

I didn't get any tote bags or anything cool, either. Bummer!

Welcome to the board! I hope we can be of help to you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Hey
    Hi, Sheri!

I didn't get any tote bags or anything cool, either. Bummer!

Welcome to the board! I hope we can be of help to you!

*hugs*
    Gail

Hi Sheri
    Stage IV here too.... Mom of 3 grown kids.... Gma to 3.... You can talk to me anytime about anything. We all family here so put on your jammies and get comfy!

Jennie
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Any questions, feel free to
    Any questions, feel free to ask. Stage IV here too. Diagnosed this year. Although I'm 10 years older.
    Anytime you need to talk, go for it.
    Winter Marie
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member

HEY!!! Where's my free "Welcome to the club tote bag"?
    I didn't get one ether!!! I think we all should talk to somebody about this!! Welcome to the board. Advice... I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Brooks

Totes
    I heard Steve has a whole stack of them at his house. He somehow hacked the Internet so that all requests for the "Welcome to the club tote bag" go straight to him. I also heard he makes his own clothes out of them. Don't even bother asking who I heard it from, I promised Maggie I would not tell anyone.
  • greybeard64
    greybeard64 Member Posts: 254

Totes
    I heard Steve has a whole stack of them at his house. He somehow hacked the Internet so that all requests for the "Welcome to the club tote bag" go straight to him. I also heard he makes his own clothes out of them. Don't even bother asking who I heard it from, I promised Maggie I would not tell anyone.

ha ha ha
    now thats funny!
    thx Rick
    Chris
  • greybeard64
    greybeard64 Member Posts: 254
    Sheri
    hello and welcome Sheri. Based on your intro, I think you'll do fine around here. I should say that I am sorry you found us, seems the only way we meet new people here is under less then desirable circumstances, but since you have I hope you find us helpful and that this site becomes another source of strength for you.
    My wife is also a nurse, so let me add, bless you for those that you help, I could never do what you do, and I am grateful to those who can.
    Greybeard
    Chris
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    welcome
    Sorry you have cause to be here but welcome -- you are at the right place.

I was diagnosed with Stage III rectal cancer at age 44. That was 7.5 years ago. I've had a couple of relapses but I'm still alive and kicking (and dancing and hiking and everything else). I have two teenage boys -- they are crazy too -- but in that good way -- the way that makes you feel like living forever

Let us know when and if you want to share more information about your diagnosis and treatment, and if there are any questions you have or experiences we can share that might be helpful to you.

Warm wishes,

Tara
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member

ha ha ha
    now thats funny!
    thx Rick
    Chris

Oh yeah! Its the used bags that you really have to worry about
    Got me a real powerful, custom made catapult, with high-powered scope and night-vision goggles,practiced so that I can hit a nail on its head at 200 yards away....So you;re peacefully walking down the street, not a care in the world, til BOOM/Splat!!What was that?....another bullseye from the sky....makes ya think elephants do fly....

If you can't make fun of yourself.......steve
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    taraHK said:

welcome
    Sorry you have cause to be here but welcome -- you are at the right place.

I was diagnosed with Stage III rectal cancer at age 44. That was 7.5 years ago. I've had a couple of relapses but I'm still alive and kicking (and dancing and hiking and everything else). I have two teenage boys -- they are crazy too -- but in that good way -- the way that makes you feel like living forever

Let us know when and if you want to share more information about your diagnosis and treatment, and if there are any questions you have or experiences we can share that might be helpful to you.

Warm wishes,

Tara

Welcome to the baggage center
    You have to bring your own baggage into this forum. We've all got plenty.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    eric38 said:

Welcome to the baggage center
    You have to bring your own baggage into this forum. We've all got plenty.

Good one Eric!

Good one Eric!