Update

shipjim
shipjim Member Posts: 137 Member
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Been 4 years now since divinci. Rarely use pads unless doing something like golf. Still impotent but not much of a concern anymore. It really isn't necessary for live just fun and I can still have fun other ways like golf, fly fishing etc.
My psa is less than .1, according to the docs. that's normal because labs don't want to report 0!
In all it has been no big deal, I'd rather not have had it but life is still good. Worrying about it doesn't help just get educated and deal with it. jj

Comments

• ProfWagstaff
    ProfWagstaff Member Posts: 98 Member
    I hope to be in your shoes in 3 years.
    I recently passed my one year anniversary and have graduated to PSAs every 6 months instead of every three months. PSA is still less than 0.06 but I still worry every time it comes due. ED is a fact of life because nerves had to be sacrificed to get all the cancer. Sounds like a bad break to some, but I'd make that trade again in a heartbeat if it keeps me friends with NED. As you did, I found a lot of other ways to enjoy mtself and to adjust to the "new normal." My best wishes for your continued good health (and mine as well!) Good to hear from men like you who are a few years down the road.
  • shipjim
    shipjim Member Posts: 137 Member

I hope to be in your shoes in 3 years.
    I recently passed my one year anniversary and have graduated to PSAs every 6 months instead of every three months. PSA is still less than 0.06 but I still worry every time it comes due. ED is a fact of life because nerves had to be sacrificed to get all the cancer. Sounds like a bad break to some, but I'd make that trade again in a heartbeat if it keeps me friends with NED. As you did, I found a lot of other ways to enjoy mtself and to adjust to the "new normal." My best wishes for your continued good health (and mine as well!) Good to hear from men like you who are a few years down the road.

Post survival
    Hi, I agree a sense of humor is huge in getting past this. One of my golf buddies has the same problem only his surguries were awful. He and I will start on the topic when our other partners are trying to putt. We take it in stride. There's really funny (droll) stuff you can say about it during golf like I don't have to hit the head that's why I wear diapers etc.
    There are times when I wish I could have that part of my life back but at my age, I forget why!!!jj
  • griff 1
    griff 1 Member Posts: 114
    shipjim
    that sounds pretty good, i hope to be close to that in four years. i don,t play golf so i want mr. wood to work instead. goodluck griff