Intentions of Turning all of the Latest Bad News Around.....

2»

Comments

• PhillieG said:

RAIN & Food
    We got some much needed rain. We've sort of been having a drought so this is nice to help refill the pool and to water the garden. I've been getting cherry tomatoes on a regular basis along with fresh basil and rosemary. My 16 yr old son has been cooking up a storm. He has aspirations to being a chef.
    Forth of July weekend he made:
    Breakfast: French toast with a strawberry cream cheese filling and a caramelized guava sauce on top.
    Lunch: BBQ pulled pork (I helped him with that one, we cooked it for 14 hours in a crock pot) along with a cheese and chicken soup.
    Dinner: Sausage and peppers with pasta with fresh pesto. Garlic bread.
    Desert: fresh fruit cobbler with fresh garden raspberries, fresh (not from our garden) strawberries, peaches and rhubarb.
    Here is a link to photos.

So all this is good news. It's nice to have a kid who likes to cook and help me out since I do 90% of the cooking.

Buzz, I hope you get great results from the CEA or that it is nothing to be worried about.
    -p

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    HollyID said:

Did I post somewhere that I had a clear scan?
    I mean I only got off chemo a few weeks ago. Had a clear scan, although my gallbladder grew back (it can't) and I have sigmoid diverticulosis (my sigmoid's been gone for quite a while now) but no evidence of metastatic disease. My last CEA was 1.7.

That's all the good news I have. My kids are too selfish to give me grandkids. (Just joking folks!!) They're wonderful kids, and while all three are in the marrying range, they aren't. I do have grand-kitties though. :)

that's so funny about the
    that's so funny about the gallbladder. My scan in May (2 months after my liver resection and gallbaldder removal) said "normal size gallbladder. I looked at my Onc reading the report and suggested the radiologist reading the report may need to re-take some classes as it did not inspire any confindence in me, the patient.

peggy
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Buzzard said:

See !!... I knew it was out there !!!
    Just needed a little prodding to get it going....Thats all great to hear from all of you...It helps when someone(like me) needs a little pick up...and yeah it will be good news from me too...Im in a situation that anyway it goes I will win.....how bad can that be ?....

Old Coot ?...well Kerry, That is probably the best thing you've been called all week ...LOL...It would be for me around here...after the coyote remark I made to the wife, Im still gettin renamed everyday.... gotta love it...I really think it keeps em young.... :) Buzz

Thanks Buddy
    Once again you are just Great, this is exactly what I needed to see today. GOOD NEWS..Thank you....

I dont have any good news, but I dont have any bad right now so that equals out!!

But I am so enjoying reading everyones good news..

Praying for you Buzz...

Hugs
    Beth
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    PhillieG said:

RAIN & Food
    We got some much needed rain. We've sort of been having a drought so this is nice to help refill the pool and to water the garden. I've been getting cherry tomatoes on a regular basis along with fresh basil and rosemary. My 16 yr old son has been cooking up a storm. He has aspirations to being a chef.
    Breakfast: French toast with a strawberry cream cheese filling and a caramelized guava sauce on top.
    Lunch: BBQ pulled pork (I helped him with that one, we cooked it for 14 hours in a crock pot) along with a cheese and chicken soup.
    Desert: fresh fruit cobbler with fresh garden raspberries, fresh (not from our garden) strawberries, peaches and rhubarb.

So all this is good news. It's nice to have a kid who likes to cook and help me out since I do 90% of the cooking.

Buzz, I hope you get great results from the CEA or that it is nothing to be worried about.
    -p

The food looks fantastic!
    The food looks fantastic! Cooking is such a great interest to have.
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Swam a mile yesterday!
    Thanks Buzz for the thread. It has been two years since I was in a pool and Tuesday I got into the outdoor pool here in CA (I'm here to work with my internal medicine/anthroposophical doc) and swam a 1/2 mile non-stop. Yesterday I swam a mile non-stop and easily. Mostly stopped because I was concerned about sunburn, but I am getting a good CA tan. :-) This is a huge milestone for me since I have been a swimmer all my life and it felt so wonderful to slide through the water again!

all the best, Leslie

PS thinking about good results for you today Clift!
  • traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    HollyID said:

Did I post somewhere that I had a clear scan?
    I mean I only got off chemo a few weeks ago. Had a clear scan, although my gallbladder grew back (it can't) and I have sigmoid diverticulosis (my sigmoid's been gone for quite a while now) but no evidence of metastatic disease. My last CEA was 1.7.

That's all the good news I have. My kids are too selfish to give me grandkids. (Just joking folks!!) They're wonderful kids, and while all three are in the marrying range, they aren't. I do have grand-kitties though. :)

more funny scan readings
    Well my reader seems to notice what's missing. They said my uterus was absent! Actually it was removed with the first surgery. It just kind of hit me funny that it was absent, like it had stayed home from school that day.
  • alexinlv
    alexinlv Member Posts: 194 Member
    lesvanb said:

Swam a mile yesterday!
    Thanks Buzz for the thread. It has been two years since I was in a pool and Tuesday I got into the outdoor pool here in CA (I'm here to work with my internal medicine/anthroposophical doc) and swam a 1/2 mile non-stop. Yesterday I swam a mile non-stop and easily. Mostly stopped because I was concerned about sunburn, but I am getting a good CA tan. :-) This is a huge milestone for me since I have been a swimmer all my life and it felt so wonderful to slide through the water again!

all the best, Leslie

PS thinking about good results for you today Clift!

It is great to read happy news!
    Getting out of the Vegas heat for a few days with the family. It will be our first family trip in a year, the first since my husband was diagnosed! (All 5 of us in the same car... teenagers and all! Yikes- think positive, right!?) Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy today! Alex
  • alexinlv
    alexinlv Member Posts: 194 Member
    geotina said:

Money!!
    Yeah, we got all the co-pays paid off for the year. It may not sound like a big deal but with our insurance it is about $7,000. Now we still owe the hospital a bit for last year but they set up payment plans, zero interest, so that is an easy way to go with them.

George is feeling really well, so that is more good news, fatigue seems to be less and continues to work full time.

Both George's employer and mine have been good to us and generous, and continue to be, no hassles or loss of income of any kind regarding time off due to his cancer.

End of August going to Vegas, actually staying in red rock country and Henderson, we snagged free airline tickets using George's miles and snagged free rooms. At first I said no but the oncologist put his stamp of approval on the trip with a stern look at me saying "why not". George surprised me with tickets to Jersey Boys at the Venetian in Vegas so really looking forward to that.

Take care - Tina

I hear the Jersey Boys is a
    I hear the Jersey Boys is a great show! Red Rock is a beautiful place to stay too. Have a great time! Alex
  • dorookie

I GOT SOME.... I GOT SOME!!!!!
    LOL.... had to laugh.... who ever thought having cyberknife would be good news???? Thats kinda twisted in a good sorta way.....

Anyway, seen the "Professor & Chief Cardiothoracic Surgeon" at St. Louis University today. I have had a recurrance of 2 nodules in my lungs. 1 is too small to worry about right now but the other is over 2cm and just yelling "Kill Me"..... so me being the good person I am had to oblige the nasty critter. This tumor was the only remaining survivor from round 1... If Survivor is gonna be in my vocabulary it sure ain't gonna be associated with a tumor...nope...no friggin way!. the only drawback was location. It is VERY close to the Hilum area of the lung and deemed inoperable in many cases. Not my case however.....YAY ME!!! Doc said he could cut off my right upper lobe and be done with it........or..... CYBERKNIFE!! Yes, always opt for the least invasive is my rule of thumb. Soooooo...no more chemo of course...which was my goal from the get go....burn the sucker outta there... do a little mop up...maybe... and HEY!.....just another day in the neighborhood!!!! This is fantastic news for me and just made my day! Luv all my semi's!!!

Jennie

Great News
    Jennie

i am so happy for you....and so excited that you can get rid of this little bugger once and for ALL...you go GIRL,...

Beth
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485
    alexinlv said:

It is great to read happy news!
    Getting out of the Vegas heat for a few days with the family. It will be our first family trip in a year, the first since my husband was diagnosed! (All 5 of us in the same car... teenagers and all! Yikes- think positive, right!?) Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy today! Alex

THANKS BUZZ!
    Last time I was

THANKS BUZZ!

Last time I was feeling really down, popped on and saw Winnie's thread for stage IV roll call. It was so lifting to see so many replies!
    And yes, there has been so much bad news...on the anal boards as well....this was a GREAT pick me up!!!

Hope your news was good!! Will be waiting to see the update!

Sue
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    I have some good news. I spent the day yesterday with my wife and kids and some of there friends. We drove up the hills about a hour and spent the day at the river. It was GREAT and all the kids spent the day tubing, exploring, swimming, and just having a great time. Me? I was just happy just sitting in my beach chair watching them. I even took a little nap! Yesterday I never thought about cancer. Life is great!! I posted a few pics

Brooks
  • AnneCan

I have some good news. I spent the day yesterday with my wife and kids and some of there friends. We drove up the hills about a hour and spent the day at the river. It was GREAT and all the kids spent the day tubing, exploring, swimming, and just having a great time. Me? I was just happy just sitting in my beach chair watching them. I even took a little nap! Yesterday I never thought about cancer. Life is great!! I posted a few pics

Brooks

Nice pics!
    It sounds like a perfect day!
  • ldot123
    ldot123 Member Posts: 272
    AnneCan said:

Nice pics!
    It sounds like a perfect day!

Going to be a Grandpa
    Hey Buzzard,

It has been a while since I have been on the board and I wish you all the best. I always enjoy your comments and insights. My good news is that I will be a grandfather for the first time in November. Plus it is more than 3 years since I have been NED. (hear large knock on wood) I go back in September and hope I get another clean scan.

Cheers,
    Lance
  • Sandi1
    Sandi1 Member Posts: 277
    traci43 said:

more funny scan readings
    Well my reader seems to notice what's missing. They said my uterus was absent! Actually it was removed with the first surgery. It just kind of hit me funny that it was absent, like it had stayed home from school that day.

I would have sat up and said
    I would have sat up and said - What? it's missing? Oh god, I must have left it somewhere... LOL !!!! Sorry - bad humor - but that's what you need to get through this fight...LOL !!!
  • Sandi1
    Sandi1 Member Posts: 277
    PhillieG said:

RAIN & Food

-p

Oh Phillie, you have to get
    Oh Phillie, you have to get your son a smoker. My husband makes pulled pork on his smoker for 14 hrs. it's awesome. I don't usually like that kind of food, but i eat my husbands - you have to try it. What part of the country are you in? We are on the Jersey Shore.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    And here I was ready to quit posting....
    I share everything I can...lol...but started feeling a bit guilty with my wild life!!

(My new pic is me at an orchid farm in Holland...crossing a pond with HUGE koi swimming...it was a birthday present, I LOVE orchids!!!)

Hugs, Kathi
  • AnneCan
    KathiM said:

I share everything I can...lol...but started feeling a bit guilty with my wild life!!

(My new pic is me at an orchid farm in Holland...crossing a pond with HUGE koi swimming...it was a birthday present, I LOVE orchids!!!)

Hugs, Kathi

PLEASE DON"T
    Please don't stop posting; you have nothing to feel guilty for; if anyone deserves these wonderful times you do; a 2 time cancer survivor. Your stories are wonderful - interesting + very inspiring. I keep thinking...maybe someday.....

BTW, we had a guest here today who with his wife was also in Holland during the tournament. He was describing the soccer fever + seas of orange + I thought of you. I also love orchids.
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    here's mine
    Here's my good news (I love this theme!).

I was feeling bummed about being "grounded" in Hong Kong for chemo this summer. I have had to cancel summer vacation 5 times in the 8 years for chemo. OK - I'm VERY happy to still be alive! but, I'm still allowed to be bummed...

So last weekend, I checked into a lovely hotel here in Hong Kong and had a "summer in the city" break. Hung out by the pool, nice dinner in the hotel, lazy sunday wakeup and brunch. It was just a "minibreak" but felt like a total getaway. Hey, you gotta grab it as you can!

Here's wishing for more happy news and moments for us all -- even the little ones

Tara
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    taraHK said:

here's mine
    Here's my good news (I love this theme!).

I was feeling bummed about being "grounded" in Hong Kong for chemo this summer. I have had to cancel summer vacation 5 times in the 8 years for chemo. OK - I'm VERY happy to still be alive! but, I'm still allowed to be bummed...

So last weekend, I checked into a lovely hotel here in Hong Kong and had a "summer in the city" break. Hung out by the pool, nice dinner in the hotel, lazy sunday wakeup and brunch. It was just a "minibreak" but felt like a total getaway. Hey, you gotta grab it as you can!

Here's wishing for more happy news and moments for us all -- even the little ones

Tara

Hello everyone!
    Good New, well today, ah.... yesterday was National Tequila Day and Jose and I got really close! lol kidding

I had a great day, sitting on the front porch, watching the grand kids slip and slide and play in there pool. Family dropped by throughout the afternoon and we had great conversations. Food was staying warm in the crock pot and family ate at their leisure. Nice day!
  • dorookie
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

Kathy, Never Stop
    I just love seeing your new pics and hearing about all the places you go. Its an inspiration to me and I am sure others.

HUGS
    Beth