Checking up on Vinny and Cobra

dixiegirl
dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
I know you two are in the beginning of the worst of the cycle and hope you are both ok. I know TIRED doesn't begin to describe what you are feeling. Just know that by the end of this week you should be starting to "feel a little more normal".

Hopefully the taste thing will get better. I was fortunate that food tasted good to me, I needed the weight desperately.

Stay inside and repeat my mantra "Naps are a VERY good thing!"

Beth

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    tired and beat
    Beth, I am still trying to find that bus that ran over me. Vinny says it was a small one that hit him. I think it was a double decker that mowed me down. I do feel a bit better today though. Chemo brain is really setting in too. I almost forgot what I was going to type. Even went outside for a bit even though it was hot and humid. Thanks for the concern. John
  • dixiegirl
    COBRA666 said:

tired and beat
    Beth, I am still trying to find that bus that ran over me. Vinny says it was a small one that hit him. I think it was a double decker that mowed me down. I do feel a bit better today though. Chemo brain is really setting in too. I almost forgot what I was going to type. Even went outside for a bit even though it was hot and humid. Thanks for the concern. John

Feeling Better
    Glad you're feeling a little better today. As for the bus? It's long gone for now but will be back next week for another round. At least you know now what to expect next time so it won't be such a surprise.

I am curious though. Is it as bad as you thought it would be?
  • COBRA666
    dixiegirl said:

Feeling Better
    Glad you're feeling a little better today. As for the bus? It's long gone for now but will be back next week for another round. At least you know now what to expect next time so it won't be such a surprise.

feeling better
    I really did not know what to expect. It was really rough being so tired all the time. I guess it wasn't as bad as I could have imagined it.
  • COBRA666
    dixiegirl said:

Feeling Better

Feeling better
    Beth, I did call the onc nurse today to check about the pain I was having in my lower back. They are very reassuring. She explained everything to me.She said it could be the hip bone marrow producing stem cells. She said that was a common complaint. I guess, like you said to know what to expect next time, but I certainly am not ready for it. John
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    checking up
    hey Beth, thanks for the thoughts, yesterday by far was the worst day for me,started to get mouth sores, like John said, I feel very sore, I see my Onc today for the weekly blood work, she told me that it would take a week to start feeling run down and boy she was right! hahahaha I,m still working which is cool but that will stop on the 29th, can't do the driving.Like I told John only 7 more to go!!!!!! sure sounds better then 16 weeks!!!!!! take care
  • COBRA666
    vinny59 said:

checking up
    hey Beth, thanks for the thoughts, yesterday by far was the worst day for me,started to get mouth sores, like John said, I feel very sore, I see my Onc today for the weekly blood work, she told me that it would take a week to start feeling run down and boy she was right! hahahaha I,m still working which is cool but that will stop on the 29th, can't do the driving.Like I told John only 7 more to go!!!!!! sure sounds better then 16 weeks!!!!!! take care

checking up
    Vinny, I know how you feel. I did not get the mouth sores, at least not yet. I felt pretty good yesterday, but feel a little down today. Hopefully it will get better as the day goes on. If you are like me you will feel like you are celebrating your 100th birthday next week instead of your 51st at times. From what I read we will have the up and down days for awhile. My down days started right in the beginning. The worse was about 2 days into it. I hope you feel better today than yesterday anyway. Just take it easy. John
  • vinny59
    COBRA666 said:

checking up
    Vinny, I know how you feel. I did not get the mouth sores, at least not yet. I felt pretty good yesterday, but feel a little down today. Hopefully it will get better as the day goes on. If you are like me you will feel like you are celebrating your 100th birthday next week instead of your 51st at times. From what I read we will have the up and down days for awhile. My down days started right in the beginning. The worse was about 2 days into it. I hope you feel better today than yesterday anyway. Just take it easy. John

CHECKING UP
    Thanks a lot John, no better today, work is gonna be hard today...hahahahaha lol about my birthday THAT is so true... not to sound morbid but at least I'm around to celebrate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • COBRA666
    vinny59 said:

CHECKING UP
    Thanks a lot John, no better today, work is gonna be hard today...hahahahaha lol about my birthday THAT is so true... not to sound morbid but at least I'm around to celebrate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

checking up
    Yea, I guess no one ever thinks how mortal they are until something like this hits them. The thing is we are all mortal. Nobody is immune from anything,just watch the news and see. Most people never think that tomorrow is really a gift and that includes ALL people on this earth. Its just when something like this hits us it makes us a little more aware of it.
  • vinny59
    COBRA666 said:

checking up
    Yea, I guess no one ever thinks how mortal they are until something like this hits them. The thing is we are all mortal. Nobody is immune from anything,just watch the news and see. Most people never think that tomorrow is really a gift and that includes ALL people on this earth. Its just when something like this hits us it makes us a little more aware of it.

CHECKING UP
    Amen to that!
  • COBRA666
    vinny59 said:

checking up

checking up
    Vinny, Be sure to let us know how that blood work goes. I am sure they can tell you right away. I have had my blood work a few times and they let me know within 20 minutes. My bld work has been on the high side everytime so far,but I have not had it done since the chemo.I am sure your blood will be down due to the chemo, but hopefully not to low for the next round to be postponed. Sounds funny putting it that way don't it? We just want to get thru this with a straight shot and no postponements if we can. John
  • vinny59
    COBRA666 said:

checking up
    Vinny, Be sure to let us know how that blood work goes. I am sure they can tell you right away. I have had my blood work a few times and they let me know within 20 minutes. My bld work has been on the high side everytime so far,but I have not had it done since the chemo.I am sure your blood will be down due to the chemo, but hopefully not to low for the next round to be postponed. Sounds funny putting it that way don't it? We just want to get thru this with a straight shot and no postponements if we can. John

CHECKING UP
    I will let you know.......... can't wait for this day to end...... wow
  • dixiegirl
    vinny59 said:

CHECKING UP
    I will let you know.......... can't wait for this day to end...... wow

How's treatment 2 going?
    Just wondering how this second treatments going guys! I hope better than the first. Is your counts coming back up?
  • COBRA666
    dixiegirl said:

How's treatment 2 going?
    Just wondering how this second treatments going guys! I hope better than the first. Is your counts coming back up?

TREATMENTS
    Dixie, this is John. It seems that I am really doing better this 2nd round than the 1st. I am not as tired this time. Blood counts are good. The hips are a little more sore this time. This time it is both hips. I feel like I will be 107 years old on my next birthday as far as the hips go. The hair is really starting to go. The main thing is I don't feel as dragged out, at least not yet. I was fortunate in that my counts never actually went down. They were pretty high before chemo started. They are lower than before chemo but well in the normal range. I try not to overdo anything. I bought some Ensure from the center today. That stuff taste good. Thanks for checking in on me. So how are things going with you?
  • vinny59
    dixiegirl said:

How's treatment 2 going?

counts and 2ns treatment
    Hi thanks for checking in, my counts were real low again, had to get a double shot on Wednesday, kinda bouncing back, but a rough week. What sucks is I have to get treatment Monday, which is two days earlier, but hey another down! Sould be getting my CT scan in a week to see if this is working or not, fingers crossed....... Vinny
  • COBRA666
    vinny59 said:

counts and 2ns treatment
    Hi thanks for checking in, my counts were real low again, had to get a double shot on Wednesday, kinda bouncing back, but a rough week. What sucks is I have to get treatment Monday, which is two days earlier, but hey another down! Sould be getting my CT scan in a week to see if this is working or not, fingers crossed....... Vinny

Fingers crossed
    Vinny my fingers are crossed. Hang tight, you will be ok. Just another bump in the long road. john
  • vinny59
    COBRA666 said:

Fingers crossed
    Vinny my fingers are crossed. Hang tight, you will be ok. Just another bump in the long road. john

fingers
    thanks John, on my way for treatment this morning,I just can't sleep anymore its kind of crazy! My sleeping pills get me to sleep, but two hours later I'm tossing and turning... Vinny
  • KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    COBRA666 said:

tired and beat

Chemo Brain
    I hate chemo brain! It's my 2nd day out of my 2nd R-CHOP and chemo brain sucks!
  • COBRA666
    vinny59 said:

fingers
    thanks John, on my way for treatment this morning,I just can't sleep anymore its kind of crazy! My sleeping pills get me to sleep, but two hours later I'm tossing and turning... Vinny

Any better today?
    Vinny,
    Just wondering if things are any better today for you. I finally feel like I am starting to spring back after 2 days of feeling like crap. Hope I can maintain it. Keep us up to date. John
  • vinny59
    COBRA666 said:

Any better today?
    Vinny,
    Just wondering if things are any better today for you. I finally feel like I am starting to spring back after 2 days of feeling like crap. Hope I can maintain it. Keep us up to date. John

any better today
    Hey John, knew this day would come, I was in the shower and the hair was going down the drain, I have always had a goatee, lost that too, I look in the mirror and I don't see myself, pretty wierd, really suck's....... as far as feeling any better I still have a little shortness of breath and my dam port still bothers me..... hey all part of the experience!!! LMAO! just take a day at a time, get my booster shot on Monday, should make me feel better! You keep feeling well my friend, we will get through this!!!!! Vinny
  • dixiegirl
    vinny59 said:

any better today
    Hey John, knew this day would come, I was in the shower and the hair was going down the drain, I have always had a goatee, lost that too, I look in the mirror and I don't see myself, pretty wierd, really suck's....... as far as feeling any better I still have a little shortness of breath and my dam port still bothers me..... hey all part of the experience!!! LMAO! just take a day at a time, get my booster shot on Monday, should make me feel better! You keep feeling well my friend, we will get through this!!!!! Vinny

Ahhhhh the hair
    Kinda sucks at first every time you look in the mirror. I would keep going to the mirror to check myself out after a a couple days it got better....I did however have issues with rubbing my head almost endlessly LOL.

Didn't even realize I was doing it till my husband would say something to me LOL.

Grab the kleenex Vinnie, the nose hairs go too my friend! So will the eyebrows and eyelashes, so be careful when washing your face! Would also say all the hair on your chest, legs.....it all goes.

I saved all kinds of money on razorblades :)

Take care,
    Beth