Wierdest movie I've seen...but it speaks to my fears....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
'Meet Joe Black'.

BIG names in it....Anthony Hopkins, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie....

Brad plays death. But in an interesting way...coming to collect Anthony Hopkins, but taking a 'vacation' in a mortal body...

It spoke to me about my fears of reoccurance, and passing, walking with me everyday...

Twisted movie, but well acted, NOT a thriller...just very thought-provoking, at least for me...

And I watched it with subtitles...maybe better without...lol!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Another one...
    I agree, that movie was very thought-provoking. On another note....a very funny colon cancer related movie is "The Medicine Show" with Jonathan Silverman. Only those of use who have traveled this intestinal journey will appreciate its humor. Probably won't be able to find it in rental format anywhere, but if you happen to come across it, watch it!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Stacy
  • abmb
    abmb Member Posts: 311
    I agree
    I have this movie and I did watch it with my husband, I love stories regarding the afterlife! We also got a kick out of the "Bucket List" with Morgan Freeman & Jack Nicholson. But we watched that before my husband was diagnosed, but it really makes you think of things you might want to fullfill. Take care everyone. Margaret
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    That was a good one Kathi
    I saw it a while ago but enjoyed it.
    A funny one that I also liked was "Defending Your Life" with Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep.
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    another good one with potty humor
    Along Came Polly! He has a bad case of IBS, but we can all certainly relate and it's HILARIOUS!
    mary