Please pray for my father...

sweethlaura
sweethlaura Member Posts: 25
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
My dad is in the hospital. Hes had over 16 chemo treatments...45 radiation treatments...he went in for diarrhea and blood count...Then they discovered he had pneumonia and a blood clot dvt in the arm. Please let me know if there are lung cancer survivors out their and if any of you had complications. I am 24 yrs. old and have 4 brothers and sisters and my mom are all he has. Please pray for my dad for complete healing!

Comments

• zinniemay
    zinniemay Member Posts: 522
    Will do I am not much at
    Will do I am not much at praying but will hold you in our thoughs.
  • pkaz53
    pkaz53 Member Posts: 84
    zinniemay said:

Will do I am not much at
    Will do I am not much at praying but will hold you in our thoughs.

Prayers are headed your way
    I am a 6 year survivor of lung cancer, all my hopes are with you and yours stay strong for your father and family,
    Bless You, Paul
  • sweethlaura
    pkaz53 said:

Prayers are headed your way
    I am a 6 year survivor of lung cancer, all my hopes are with you and yours stay strong for your father and family,
    Bless You, Paul

Paul, you are an inspiration
    Paul, you are an inspiration to me and to my dad. God bless you and keep you! I am happy for you! Did you have any complications during the way?
  • pkaz53

Paul, you are an inspiration
    Paul, you are an inspiration to me and to my dad. God bless you and keep you! I am happy for you! Did you have any complications during the way?

Thank you for being so
    Thank you for being so kind, there are many, on this site, that inspire me.
    I was diagnosed with sclc and had some complications during treatment I was taken to the hospital after my 3rd round of chemo --I was also receiving intense radiation to my chest. Doctors reported that I had a blood clot in my right lung it was treated with shots of Heparin into the skin on my stomach once a day for about 2 weeks, then I was placed on blood thinners for about 15 months afterward, I also had a terrible case of esophagaitis lots of trouble swallowing couldn't eat or drink lost a lot of weight--most of which I have seemed to gained back.
    Going through a cancer journey is unlike anything you'll ever face or be close to such as you with with your father.
    You will find that hope and faith will help you through it, all my hopes are with you and yours --Paul ....
  • sweethlaura
    pkaz53 said:

Thank you for being so
    Thank you for being so kind, there are many, on this site, that inspire me.
    I was diagnosed with sclc and had some complications during treatment I was taken to the hospital after my 3rd round of chemo --I was also receiving intense radiation to my chest. Doctors reported that I had a blood clot in my right lung it was treated with shots of Heparin into the skin on my stomach once a day for about 2 weeks, then I was placed on blood thinners for about 15 months afterward, I also had a terrible case of esophagaitis lots of trouble swallowing couldn't eat or drink lost a lot of weight--most of which I have seemed to gained back.
    Going through a cancer journey is unlike anything you'll ever face or be close to such as you with with your father.
    You will find that hope and faith will help you through it, all my hopes are with you and yours --Paul ....

My dad has a blood clot too
    My dad has a blood clot too but it's in his arm. Hes in the hospital right now and they are giving him no hope. He has a pleural effusion and patchy consolidation in his lung. He is on a bypap machine. Paul, I have never given up on my dad. I love him very much. Like i was telling him Hes not the only one thats going through the cancer process...we all are as his family. I am having him transfer to another hospital since they have no hope. I have all sorts of hope in my dad. And he will overcome this. One day at a time. I am going to be their with him and i am his biggest advocate.
  • pkaz53

My dad has a blood clot too
    My dad has a blood clot too but it's in his arm. Hes in the hospital right now and they are giving him no hope. He has a pleural effusion and patchy consolidation in his lung. He is on a bypap machine. Paul, I have never given up on my dad. I love him very much. Like i was telling him Hes not the only one thats going through the cancer process...we all are as his family. I am having him transfer to another hospital since they have no hope. I have all sorts of hope in my dad. And he will overcome this. One day at a time. I am going to be their with him and i am his biggest advocate.

Hope -Faith -Love-
    There is a strong voice on this site from a survivor that reminds us every now and then that no one has an expiration date marked on them. I know from your posts that your father is in critical condition continue your love for him and let him know he is in my thoughts.
  • cool49
    cool49 Member Posts: 27
    hi
    i will pray foryoure day,iam sorry he is sick. dear lord i want you to keep sweethlaura dad with u and comfort her and her father and family that is going throught this.lord u are the creator of all of us and we are in youre imagine.u have done mircales and they are still done today.let them flower youre gudes through their dads recoverey.i ask u dear lord to give then the streght to go on and you be by their side like u always are.show then lord if they beleive and ask in youre name it shall be done.so lord iam closing my pray for her father and family and keep a watch over them like you do everone .amen god bless youre family and keep in touch and keep your faith and hope up that he is going to get better .
  • KWeiser
    KWeiser Member Posts: 16
    praying for you and your dad
    I will definitely be praying for you and your dad. I am 31 and have adenocarcinoma of unknown primary, diagnosed in October 2009. Please go to my Caring Bridge website. It tells all that has happened to me since my diagnosis but it also has great messages of comfort, faith, and encouragement from myself in reflecting on my diagnosis and from others who leave me messages. You should consider setting up an account for your family. My address is caringbridge.org/visit/kellycantrellweiser
    You will be in my prayers! Keep us posted!
  • sweethlaura
    KWeiser said:

I will definitely be praying for you and your dad. I am 31 and have adenocarcinoma of unknown primary, diagnosed in October 2009. Please go to my Caring Bridge website. It tells all that has happened to me since my diagnosis but it also has great messages of comfort, faith, and encouragement from myself in reflecting on my diagnosis and from others who leave me messages. You should consider setting up an account for your family. My address is caringbridge.org/visit/kellycantrellweiser

I really appreciate all the
    I really appreciate all the prayers. My dad is on a bypap machine with 70% oxygen. I love my dad very much...i don't want to loose him. Hes not only my dad but my best friend and my rolemodel. I believe everything happens for a reason. They can't do a bronchoscopy bc hes on the bypap machine...but they think it's multi-lobar pneumonia, pulmonary edema, or pseumonitis. Im really worried and scared but this experience made me closer to God. Im never going to give up..please continue to pray for him. My dad is a great man and i pray for God to heal him completely.
  • sweethlaura
    KWeiser said:

I really appreciate all the prayers. My dad is on a bypap machine with 70% oxygen. I love my dad very much...i don't want to loose him. Hes not only my dad but my best friend and my rolemodel. I believe everything happens for a reason. They can't do a bronchoscopy bc hes on the bypap machine...but they think it's multi-lobar pneumonia, pulmonary edema, or pseumonitis. Im really worried and scared but this experience made me closer to God. Im never going to give up..please continue to pray for him. My dad is a great man and i pray for God to heal him completely.
  • sweethlaura
    KWeiser said:

• sweethlaura
    KWeiser said: