Am I still poisonous from chemo?

Kerry S
Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
edited August 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just had to drop in and tell you guys about this. Cracked me up!!!!

For you newbie’s I live in the back woods. For about 2 weeks I kept scratching my groin area. This is just something guys do. We come out of the womb knowing how.

Now we have a lot of ticks this year. So this groin scratching was getting to me. It was time to see what it was so after a lot of contortionist movements (Old guys don’t bend easy) I find this damn tick in me. Pulled him off and was ready to kill it. However the tick was dead!!! I think I still must have chemo in my system and that killed the little bugger. See, another positive side of cancer. Ticks die sucking on your blood. This is better then wearing a flea and tick collar.

Roger, I am damn glad to see you posting again. Get over the depression quick as you can. Like by Sunday. Then do me a favor, get a tick and see if you can kill it with all the crap you must have in your blood.

Kerry

Comments

• Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    LOL Kerry, you crack me
    LOL Kerry, you crack me up.
    thanks
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Thank you for tears of laughter!
    Kerry,

Not many people can make cancer fun. You are a master!

With much appreciation,

Alice
  • elizabethgd
    elizabethgd Member Posts: 145
    abrub said:

Thank you for tears of laughter!
    Kerry,

Not many people can make cancer fun. You are a master!

With much appreciation,

Alice

pesky critters!!
    Wonder if it works that way on mosquitoes?? E
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

pesky critters!!
    Wonder if it works that way on mosquitoes?? E

Kerry, I would love to BS with you for a day....
    you are simply a master with the bullchit.....No wonder you do so well...Those are tales that takes a special talent to come up with...Glad your here to liven this crowd up...Thanks for the show after my dinner.............Buzz
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Great to see you!
    Hey Kerry,

It is great to see you here again! I guess that tick had no chance, beteen the chemo + you. I hope I never have to do the tick test to see if the chemo is still working! Keep smiling + making us laugh!
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Kerry
    Kerry,
    Thanks for sharing. You gave both **** and I a good laugh!

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Kerry:
    Glad you found the tick and thanks for the good laugh. (Too bad that little chemo nurse wasn't around to help but the wife might have objected to that).

Now don't forget to come on the board and catch up with us once is a while.

Take care - Tina
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    :-)
    See, chemo isn't ALL bad! I've noticed mosquitoes do not find me as tasty as they used to
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Kerry, you make me laugh!!
    I actually laughed out loud reading that!!

Like Phil, I find that mosquitoes won't even come near me. I asked my family yesterday if I smelled bad because everyone but me was bit. I was grateful!!
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    Where
    Kerry

Out of curiosity just where in the backwoods do you live? My parents are live in the backwoods of New Hampshire, something about your posts remind me of that part of the country
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    Buzzard said:

Kerry, I would love to BS with you for a day....
    you are simply a master with the bullchit.....No wonder you do so well...Those are tales that takes a special talent to come up with...Glad your here to liven this crowd up...Thanks for the show after my dinner.............Buzz

Hey Buzz,

I would also enjoy BSing with you. We be just be too far away.

Took another tick off last night on my ribs. I am sure he was only on me for a day. Was not dead, but he sure was not feeling good. Kind of looked like I did the last week of chemo/rad. His little legs just were moving very slowly before I smashed his ****. I was tempted to let him stay put and see if my blood would kill him like the other one.

KTLCS,
    I live in the foot hills of the Missouri Ozarks, 20 miles from town.

To the rest of you, thanks for the kind comments. I will continue to drop in every now and then. Have to keep the stage 4 newbie’s informed that they can beat this crap. Screw the stats.

Kerry
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    HollyID said:

Kerry, you make me laugh!!
    I actually laughed out loud reading that!!

Like Phil, I find that mosquitoes won't even come near me. I asked my family yesterday if I smelled bad because everyone but me was bit. I was grateful!!

you know, I noticed that
    you know, I noticed that too, no mosquitoes near me at all, and everyone else is getting eaten alive!
    Kathy
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    come to think of it...
    ...the last time my Boyfriend and I went to the park, the flies were biting him more than me! I think they just like him better, though.
    Kerry, you make me laugh!
    ~Aud
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Kerry S said:

Hey Buzz,

I would also enjoy BSing with you. We be just be too far away.

Took another tick off last night on my ribs. I am sure he was only on me for a day. Was not dead, but he sure was not feeling good. Kind of looked like I did the last week of chemo/rad. His little legs just were moving very slowly before I smashed his ****. I was tempted to let him stay put and see if my blood would kill him like the other one.

KTLCS,
    I live in the foot hills of the Missouri Ozarks, 20 miles from town.

To the rest of you, thanks for the kind comments. I will continue to drop in every now and then. Have to keep the stage 4 newbie’s informed that they can beat this crap. Screw the stats.

Kerry

stage 4 newbies
    Yes you can beat this crap! I am coming up on 5 years next month and no sign of it anymore. Hang in there. If you can stand the cure, you can come out on the other side a stronger person. Jo Ann
  • traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    Kerry - That is just great!
    Kerry - That is just great! Funny story
  • ReeY
    ReeY Member Posts: 1 Member

Wow, I'm so glad I found this! Some people think I'm delusional, but after my second time with cancer and chemo, I found that ticks bite me and die! They don't even survive enough to draw blood. I live in a national forest and my land is all woods...and plenty of ticks. Over the years, I was treated for Lyme Disease twice. My chemo infusions were in 2006 and 2015. The second one, which is when the killing of the ticks began, used different chemo drugs than the first time, so it might have been a specific drug...not just any chemo drug.

Just the other day, a tick dropped from a tree and landed on my arm. Before I could pick it off, the tick started crawling down my arm, heading for my hand...and then it tried to climb off my arm! Of course, I removed it for good, but I think the chemo changed something in the chemistry of my skin or sweat or oils or whatever.

My sons now call me The Grim Reaper of Ticks!

• Chris2328
    Chris2328 Member Posts: 19 Member

Hilarious. Thank you.