JR

Paula G.
Paula G. Member Posts: 596
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi everyone,
Well it is Father's day today and after an awful week John has told me he is done with chemo.
He will see the onc on July 2ed. I hope they will give us direction as to what to to with pain management and hospice. I hope he still has many months. I am very scared. I don't want him to be in pain. Thanks to you all for being here for me. All of you have helped me so much. Love and all the best to each of you. Paula

Comments

• dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    HUGS to you Paula
    I hear how scared you are, please know we are here for you if we can do anything please let us know. I am sure John went through a lot to get to his decision. I pray for you and John, that you both have many months together, and that they are filled with lots of love and happiness. I am thinking of you both..God Bless you both

Love
    Beth
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hi Paula,
    I am so sorry John

Hi Paula,

I am so sorry John has had such an awful week. I hope the onc will have the answers for you two on July 2nd. I also hope you + John will have lots of time together. You + JR are in my thoughts + heart.
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    HUGS!!!!
    I'm sorry you two are having such a time of this. It sounds like John's body has taken all it can and that's all we can do. I can imagine you are scared, and I will pray for strength and comfort for the two of you as you go forward. I pray John will be kept comfortable. Love to you.
    mary
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    So sorry
    Oh, Paula.

I know you're feeling so much pain at this time. I'm so sorry that John has had such a rough time, and I pray for peace for both of you as you face this new stage in life. Please come and lean on us for support.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Hi Paula
    I'm so sorry that John had such an awful week. Chemo can redefine just how awful awful can be. I know that you are giving him such great care I hope that he continues with getting great care with the pain and hospice care. No one wants to suffer or to see a loved one suffer.
    Hugs to you and John.
    xo-phil
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Paula and JR
    Dear Paula and JR

It was with sadness that I read your post. I recognize that you have thought this through and made your decision. I always hoped that I would know when it was time to say "enough" as well. JR has reached that bridge and I admire his decision to know when his body just can no longer take the pounding. That really takes courage to understand what you are facing and then accepting it.

He's a hero in my book. JR told me he was proud to know me, but I believe it is really reversed - it is I who am proud to know him.

Paula, you and JR have been through so much and you have both handled everything that life has thrown at you both - you are an amazing couple.

Like everyone else here, I hope that JR can be kept comfortable and that you both enjoy the time you have together.

-Craig
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    We each have a time when we say 'Enough!'
    I am sending big, warm hugs to you both.

His onc should have all the info you need. And we have the loving warmth for you both here.

Hugs, Kathi
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    KathiM said:

We each have a time when we say 'Enough!'
    I am sending big, warm hugs to you both.

His onc should have all the info you need. And we have the loving warmth for you both here.

Hugs, Kathi

I am sorry
    Paula that jr is sick and i was scared too.

michelle
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    My
    prayers are with you
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    nudgie said:

My
    prayers are with you

Wishing only good things
    Hi Paula and JR,

I'm sorry to hear you two had such an awful week. I hope you both can find time to enjoy your lives together with peace and serenity. Just try and remember as one door closes another opens. I wish that I could give you both a big hug and make it all better, for now a cyberhug will have to do. Many prayers and well wishes are being sent your way.

Don
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Paula and John
    Like I said to you over the phone, you are both in my heart and we will be in touch. I understand John's decision, and it is not an easy one to make. Keep on being gentle with each other as you have.

much love, Leslie
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    I'm Sorry
    Paula

I am relatively new to the board, but want to tell you how sorry I am to hear you're having such a rough time of it. I'm sure he has given a lot of though to this decision and it is the right one for him to make at this time. I totally understand the fear, and I'll pray for you to find the strength to get through this. I too hope you still have many peaceful months together

Hugs

K
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Paula & JR
    I am so sorry but I DO understand.I would be scared too. Warm hugs and blessings to the both of you.

Love & peace,

-Pat
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Oh Paula...
    I'm so sorry to hear this but like someone else said, it's John's place to say when he's had enough. Of course, he might change his mind once he talks to the onc so let's hold out hope.

May God be with you and the whole family in the months to come. You're a precious lady and I'm so sorry for the sorrow you are already dealing with. Wish I could reach out and hug you.

Diane
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Paula
    I cannot imagine losing a husband. It has been really tough losing my sister. She was my best friend and is irreplacable. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and John.
    Hugs,
    Marie
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Paula
    I'll send you a pm. I'm so sorry. I know you are scared.

Hugs Tina
  • geotina said:

Paula
    I'll send you a pm. I'm so sorry. I know you are scared.

Hugs Tina

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    Paula
    I am so sorry that you and John had an awful week. Holding you and your husband in the Light for hope and peace.
    ~Audrey
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    So Very Sorry
    So sorry for the decision that has been made but it has to be his and it is going to be so hard on you. My heart breaks for both of you as you are both struggling though this decision. You have been such an inspiration on this board even for all you have been through. Please let us know what is happening. You and hubby are in my thoughts.

Kim
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Paula
    Paula,
    So very sorry.
    You and John will be in my prayers. I too hope the pain can be managed. I will be holding you close during the time ahead.

Aloha,
    Kathleen