Peter is in hospice

peterhw
peterhw Member Posts: 69
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Three week ago I was in Hopkins to do a routine testing and CT scan for the upcoming clinical trial. They found my liver function close to failure, my billirubins is 10 times higher and I was running fever. I was hospitalized for three days. They cannot find any infections; the bile duct is not clogged. Their conclusion is my liver function is so low; it will do more harm than good to continue the treatment. So we agree to call in the hospice service.

You all have been part of my family. I will always remember your encouraging words and helpful advices. Don’t worry about me. I know where I am going and it is a much better place.

I wish you all the best.

Peter Hsi-Min Wu

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    awesome
    I'm so sorry you are facing this, but you are doing it with grace! I pray for peace for you as you enter into this new stage of life! Thank you so much for posting so that we can keep you in our prayers.
    mary
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Dear Peter:
    I am so sorry for the position you are now in. I so admire the courage and sharing you have presented to the rest of us through your journey with this disease. You are and always be a part of our family. At this juncture, I wish you peace and comfort in the days ahead.

Our best to you - George and Tina
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    thank you Peter for being
    thank you Peter for being part of our journey and allowing us to be a part of yours. Know that a piece of you lives on in all of us as we press forward in the struggle. I wish for you peaceful,loving days ahead.
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    OH Peter
    I am so very sad to hear this, but yes I believe too that you will be in a better place. May you sleep with angels, my friend...

My prayers will continue for you and your family...

God Bless
    Beth
  • sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member
    :(
    @Peter: Be strong!!! I really hope you will not suffer!! And I will tell my Mom to look for you and welcome you! She's a real good cook, and very very VERY giving! Full of love! I wish you the best...we will ALL miss you and you have changed the lives of many others, so you'll not "go away"! You'll be in forever memory of those people! And you'll be in an awesome place...a much better place than this world. We, humans, just cannot imagine better as we only experienced this one so far...but like you said, it will be a much better place! Take care Hsi-Min!!! I'll think of you often!
    Sophie
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    I'll see ya again
    I'm sure I'll see ya again someday. Thanks for all you have done for me as well as the other on this board.

Brooks
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    So Very Sorry
    So sorry to hear of this position you are in. You seem to be heading into this with a great attitude. You are so brave. Hope your journey will be smooth for you. You are going to a much better place. Peace be with you.

Kim
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hello Peter,
    I am sorry to

Hello Peter,

I am sorry to hear about your liver function. I enjoy your posts; they are very inspiring to me. You have such a positive attitude, and your posts have always been filled with hope + inspiration. Thank-you for posting and letting us know what is happening; I am thinking about you.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Grace and Dignity
    Wow, Peter

As everyone has already said, you have such a strong resolve and good attitude about what you are facing - you sure are teaching me how to handle things with your courage and wisdom.

I wish things were different, you have been so strong and a good advocate for clinical trials and such - always very positive about what you were trying to do and very enlightening to all of us on what you were trying to teach us.

I hope the next stop for you is a much better place - you are one who deserves it:)

-Craig
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    I'm sorry
    I'm sorry to hear about your liver,and yes you are going to a better place.I'm sure we will meet again there.I will pray for you.
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Peter, Sorry to hear this
    Peter, Sorry to hear this news. I have wondered how you were doing. Best to you,Peter. You have been a good friend on this board. Love Paula
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    Peter, thank you for sharing
    Peter, thank you for sharing your life. You have been a wonderful inspiration to me and an encouragement to try trials. May God continue to bless you. You are in my prayers. Jean
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    Amazing Grace
    Dear Peter,

Your dignity and grace are such an positive example to us. David and I wish you peace as you enter this next phase of your life. I also believe a better place awaits. May you continue to have love and support surrounding you.

Priscilla
  • MoSoLe09
    MoSoLe09 Member Posts: 14
    Thank you
    for sharing your life, and for inspiring and encouraging us. We are all just dwellers on the threshold, God may just be opening the door and inviting you in sooner. You are entering with such a wonderful and graceful attitude that I hope to have when my time comes. We will see you on the other side Peter. Godspeed and God bless.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Praying for your "journey"
    Peter,

You are the most gracious and peaceful person. I have loved reading your posts and have prayed that you would have great success with a clinical trial. I'm so sorry to read that things are not going that way.

I am so glad you shared your news with us, and I hope that you can feel the love coming from all of us. You are a brave soul, and I pray the journey will be easy for you. Yes, you are going to a better place, and you will be WELL there.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Peter
    I do not know what to say at a time like this, only that I have walked this journey not too long ago with my sister. It just breaks my heart to read your post. You have been so kind in pointing me to clinical trials and sharing your experience. Reading your postings about your latest trial gave me much hope for you, that reading this latest post just makes me cry.
    I do know that my sister's liver also failed her. She also had blockages in her kidneys and bile ducts. The cancer took over and she was in much pain in the end but man she fought hard.
    I pray for you on this journey and know that you have been a very kind and supportive man. Thank you for that. If you need to talk, please I am here.
    Marie
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    sfmarie said:

Peter
    I do not know what to say at a time like this, only that I have walked this journey not too long ago with my sister. It just breaks my heart to read your post. You have been so kind in pointing me to clinical trials and sharing your experience. Reading your postings about your latest trial gave me much hope for you, that reading this latest post just makes me cry.
    I do know that my sister's liver also failed her. She also had blockages in her kidneys and bile ducts. The cancer took over and she was in much pain in the end but man she fought hard.
    I pray for you on this journey and know that you have been a very kind and supportive man. Thank you for that. If you need to talk, please I am here.
    Marie

Peter...
    Always kind and congenial, its not goodbye but only for a little while, we will be there someday altogether where we can all celebrate the eternal life we move to. Peace in your journey and may you be blessed with open arms upon arrival..Take care my friend..we will see you soon......Clift
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    Peter
    Holding you in the Light for Peace.
    ~Aud
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    God bless you Peter
    Peter,

You never know what might turn around. I'm glad you have faith- God bless you, Peter.

Fondly,
    Lisa
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    It saddens
    me to hear such news but enlightens me with your attitude. My God grace your days