Positive news

hartmann
hartmann Member Posts: 26
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I just wanted to share some positive news with all of you. I had a ct scan last week and the tumor in my lung is now gone. I also had many tumors in my liver that are either gone or have shrunk significantly. The lymph nodes in my mediastinum have all schrunk as well. I recieved 6 courses of taxol, carboplatin and avastin and will now continue on avastin "indefinately". Not sure if this is considered to be "in remission" but I'm sure happy with this news. Hope this helps others to try and stay positive. Prayers to you all.
Penny

Comments

• westie66
    westie66 Member Posts: 642
    Positive News
    That's absolutely wonderful, Penny! It sure does help! Thanks for sharing this good bit of news with us.
    Cheryl
  • PBJ Austin
    PBJ Austin Member Posts: 347 Member
    That is fantastic news!!
    Thank you for sharing. This is what I love about this board, so many uplifting stories like this. My sister is in a similar situation as yours, as her brain cancer has faded much faster than expected. Like you, we don't know if she's in remission or not. But the MRI's are clear for now so we are celebrating.

Best of luck in your continued recovery.
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    Congratulations on the good report!
    I've been keeping Avastin in mind as a possible follow-up if Tarceva fails and there are no clinical trials that fit me, so this is good to hear!
  • nubis
    nubis Member Posts: 98
    Dear Hartmann What kind of
    Dear Hartmann What kind of cancer do you have? small or non-small.
  • DK2
    DK2 Member Posts: 7 Member
    This is just wonderful news!
    This is just wonderful news! My wife is on the same combination and has a CT scan next week after two doses. We are keeping our fingers crossed!
    Can you share who your doctor or Hospital is?
    God Bless
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member
    So Great to hear your GOOD NEWS
    Thank you for sharing your good...no...GREAT news!

Still keeping everyone in my prayers.
    Anita
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    mamacita5 said:

So Great to hear your GOOD NEWS
    Thank you for sharing your good...no...GREAT news!

Still keeping everyone in my prayers.
    Anita

Love to hear good news

Congratulations on your great news. I hope everyone has such good news this year.
  • cindyd21
    cindyd21 Member Posts: 1
    VERY Positive
    Congrats Penny! Your post is very positive as I have Lung cancer as well. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers aged 15 & 17. I have one tumor in my right lung which spread to my lymph nodes along my neck which is how I discovered it since I had no symptom of shortness of breath of coughing or anything. I've just finished my 4th round of chemotherapy with the same drugs as you. The lump along my neck was totally gone after 3 rounds. A chest xray showed the tumor on my lung smaller. I was at the hospital yesterday getting a ct scan, mri, & bone scan & am hoping for good news next week! I still work full time which is very good therapy for me as well although I'm in bed by 8:00. My doctor tells me I need to take it easy & I do try but I like staying busy as much as I can, it keeps my mind off of everything. Did you have any radiation after the 6 courses of chemo? After finishing 4 now, I'm starting to acquire a fear of what happens after the last round. I lost my 75 yr old mother to cancer last October so of course I'm frightened however hers was discovered too late & her health was already failing. My doctors tell me I'm young & in otherwise excellent health so there's no limit to what they can do. I'm so very happy for you & very thankful for your positive post! You're in my thoughts & prayers!
  • pkaz53
    pkaz53 Member Posts: 84
    cindyd21 said:

VERY Positive
    Congrats Penny! Your post is very positive as I have Lung cancer as well. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers aged 15 & 17. I have one tumor in my right lung which spread to my lymph nodes along my neck which is how I discovered it since I had no symptom of shortness of breath of coughing or anything. I've just finished my 4th round of chemotherapy with the same drugs as you. The lump along my neck was totally gone after 3 rounds. A chest xray showed the tumor on my lung smaller. I was at the hospital yesterday getting a ct scan, mri, & bone scan & am hoping for good news next week! I still work full time which is very good therapy for me as well although I'm in bed by 8:00. My doctor tells me I need to take it easy & I do try but I like staying busy as much as I can, it keeps my mind off of everything. Did you have any radiation after the 6 courses of chemo? After finishing 4 now, I'm starting to acquire a fear of what happens after the last round. I lost my 75 yr old mother to cancer last October so of course I'm frightened however hers was discovered too late & her health was already failing. My doctors tell me I'm young & in otherwise excellent health so there's no limit to what they can do. I'm so very happy for you & very thankful for your positive post! You're in my thoughts & prayers!

Outstanding
    This is great news, congratulations Penny
  • hartmann
    nubis said:

Dear Hartmann What kind of
    Dear Hartmann What kind of cancer do you have? small or non-small.

what kind of cancer
    Hi Nubis,

I was diagnosed with non small cell adenocarcinoma in january 2010. Hope this helps
  • hartmann
    DK2 said:

This is just wonderful news!
    This is just wonderful news! My wife is on the same combination and has a CT scan next week after two doses. We are keeping our fingers crossed!
    Can you share who your doctor or Hospital is?
    God Bless

doctor/hospital
    I see Dr Dar at Vince Lombardi Cancer Clinic in Oshkosh Wisconsin
  • hope0310
    hope0310 Member Posts: 320
    pkaz53 said:

Outstanding
    This is great news, congratulations Penny

Great news!!

Great news!!
  • nubis
    nubis Member Posts: 98
    hartmann said:

what kind of cancer
    Hi Nubis,

I was diagnosed with non small cell adenocarcinoma in january 2010. Hope this helps

thank you
    Thank you! Hartmann. My husband has small cell but it is good to know of your good news!!! Keep us post it.
  • kimbee1218
    kimbee1218 Member Posts: 29
    Hope your great news continues and is contagious
    I am new to this site and love reading about the success of treatments!! Please continue to share.
    Kim
  • natmat
    natmat Member Posts: 18
    awesome news
    So happy to hear the good news. How do any of you hear the status of the cancer during treatment? My doc said I had to wait 2 months to see if anything worked. I only have 2 weeks to go until my PET and CAT scan, but have been on pins and needles since the beginning, March 2010.

Your results are inspiring and give me another dose of hope.
    Best of luck to you and I pray for continued progress for you.

natmat
  • lhstewart
    lhstewart Member Posts: 2
    Your Positive News
    Penny, I am new to this forum and I read your very hopeful, wonderful news. It is great to hear stories like yours. I hope this continues for you forever!!

My husband just finished treatment for lung cancer. It has been about a month and he is just not bouncing back. I hear it takes awhile. I am very distressed.

Please pray for him and I will pray for you.

Best regards,

Linda Stewart
  • MissAngee
    MissAngee Member Posts: 7
    Congratulations! I don't
    Congratulations! I don't know you but Im so proud of you! Keep up the good fight!