good CEA news

lisa42
lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi All,

I just wanted to report that I just called my onc office and got the results of the CEA test they drew blood for this past Wednesday, just prior to getting chemo. It went down 27 points in the past 4 weeks since it was tested last, from 87 to 59- yeehaw! The month before, it had gone up 21 points (from 66 to 87). The nurse pract. that time said it could be a lab mistake because he didn't see a reason that it should have gone up- so I was on edge to get the results today to see if it really was a trend that it was going up or not. So, I don't know if the last one was a mistake or not, but I'm definitely glad to see that this one went down! Since the last time it was tested, my onc added Avastin into the Gemzar/Xeloda mix and we upped my Xeloda from 2,000 mg/day to 3,000 mg/day (from 2 500 mg. pills 2x daily to 3 500 mg pills 2x daily). I actually had to have my gemzar dose lowered a little this last time cause my platelets took a hit. As CEA has always been a very accurate predictor for cancerous activity in me, I take these tests seriously and so does my onc. He knows it's not valid for everyone, but knows now that it is for me.
I imagine my next scan won't be until mid August, so I'm glad for a good CEA in the meantime. This will help my weekend (if I can get up and going- the upped Xeloda dose has me running to the bathroom, so I'm loading up on Lomotil :~

Blessings to you all,
Lisa

Comments

• JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    So glad to hear
    your good news Lisa. Treat yourself to something special this weekend, you deserve it!
    Best to you,
    Joanne
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    I am happy for you Lisa! It
    I am happy for you Lisa! It sounds like you are on a good treatment plan. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    AnneCan said:

I am happy for you Lisa! It
    I am happy for you Lisa! It sounds like you are on a good treatment plan. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Good for you
    Hi Lisa,

I'm so happy for you, I know waiting on test results can be a very anxious time. It's great news that your number is going down. I will be praying for the downward trend to keep going down.

Don
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Way to go -
    Thats just great news Lisa, you made my weekend an little brighter.

Take care and enjoy the good news - Tina
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Yippeee!
    Well, Lisa

You just made my weekend! I could not be more thrilled for you!!!

Happy Days are here again:) Have a nice weekend!

Thanks for your PM - I'll sign it for you, LOL:)

-Craig
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    Great News
    Good for you, her's hoping it keeps going down!

K
  • sheri22
    sheri22 Member Posts: 273
    Glad to here your news
    Lisa thanks for posting that is great news hope it continues to go down

Sheeri22
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    YES!
    I'm so happy you got some good news! You've been needing it, haven't you, dear? Yay!!!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Tests
    That is awesome news and glad that the CEA has gone down that much. That has to be so encouraging for you. Go out and celebrate this good news. You deserve it and so much need a good celebration.

Kim
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member

Tests
    That is awesome news and glad that the CEA has gone down that much. That has to be so encouraging for you. Go out and celebrate this good news. You deserve it and so much need a good celebration.

Kim

Glad your results look good
    (Xeloda will do that to you)....Feel good....steve
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    Lisa, so happy to hear your
    Lisa, so happy to hear your news! What makes it even better is that it isn't "bad news Friday". It seems news on Fridays are always less then we want. It's either not so good or we have to wait more! You are such a fighter and a great inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing your ups and downs!! Enjoy your good news. Jean
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Great news!
    Lisa, that is so good to hear! I am dancing with ya! It is a good indicator for me as well, so I know how happy you are that it's going down! It's exciting news that the Gemzar is working! You're a trailblazer! :)
    mary
  • amyb15
    amyb15 Member Posts: 109 Member
    msccolon said:

Great news!
    Lisa, that is so good to hear! I am dancing with ya! It is a good indicator for me as well, so I know how happy you are that it's going down! It's exciting news that the Gemzar is working! You're a trailblazer! :)
    mary

lisa,
    that is great news.

lisa,
    that is great news. please keep us posted.
    amy
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    GREAT news!!
    That's wonderful news, Lisa! I'm so happy about this.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

GREAT news!!
    That's wonderful news, Lisa! I'm so happy about this.

good good good
    Lisa any downward movement of CEA is good.....

great news Lisa

mags
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm sending warm hugs...
    And dancing for the good news!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    KathiM said:

I'm sending warm hugs...
    And dancing for the good news!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Smilin' Like a possum........
    Great way to start a day...........Great news for you and for all of us.....enjoy it , you most certainly deserve it......
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Lisa
    Lisa,
    That is great news about your CEA. You amaze me. I'll keep you in my prayers Lisa. I pray your weekend is going well. Enjoy the summer!!

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Missed this post Lisa
    in all the whirlwind of last few days. What wonderful news and a wonderful direction for the CEA to be going. I'm also hanging onto that CEA direction one too. Thanks so much for your reply to my PET/CT post; very helpful right now.

Enjoy your summer as well!

all the best, Leslie
  • Erinb
    Erinb Member Posts: 293
    Lisa,
    You are amazing! I am

Lisa,
    You are amazing! I am happy for you and hope that the CEA continues to fall.
    Great News.
    Erin