a quick after surgery question

aguyswife
aguyswife Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Just wondering if you guys experienced swollen feet after surgery. I'm thinking this is normal but just wondering .... We head back to the DR. for one week after surgery follow up this Thursday.
Thanks

Comments

• Skid Row Tom
    Skid Row Tom Member Posts: 125
    Swollen feet
    At first, I was going to say "no". But my wife said "oh sure, because of all the IV fluids they pump in you during surgery". Not the prostate surgery, but I remember one surgery I had about ten years ago, I walked out of the hospital looking like the Michelin Man. She had to bring me sweat pants because I couldn't walk out in the clothes I walked in with.
  • randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member

Swollen feet
    At first, I was going to say "no". But my wife said "oh sure, because of all the IV fluids they pump in you during surgery". Not the prostate surgery, but I remember one surgery I had about ten years ago, I walked out of the hospital looking like the Michelin Man. She had to bring me sweat pants because I couldn't walk out in the clothes I walked in with.

I never had any swelling
    except my stomach just a little on the right side...probably from the bedside surgeon with a fulcrum in the far right incision site pushing things around and changing out instruments for the surgeon at the console running the robot. FY"I, It's on that right side that I have heard a risk of hernia can sometimes happen in the davinci procedure. Another reason to fully research the surgeon team if you choose to go with the davinci.
  • DanKCMO
    DanKCMO Member Posts: 42
    swollen feet
    My surgery was a week ago and no swollen feet.

During the surgery and 1 day in hospital, they had me wear compression socks and had these pneumatic calf cuffs compressing and releasing every 20 seconds. Maybe that is why I didn't have the swelling.

Good luck on the recovery!

Dan
  • SubicSquid
    SubicSquid Member Posts: 11
    DanKCMO said:

swollen feet

During the surgery and 1 day in hospital, they had me wear compression socks and had these pneumatic calf cuffs compressing and releasing every 20 seconds. Maybe that is why I didn't have the swelling.

Dan

I had open surgery and I had
    I had open surgery and I had swollen feet, legs, and scrotum for at least two weeks. Doctor said it was normal and eventually it cleared up.
  • randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member
    DanKCMO said:

swollen feet

Dan

Ah yes those beautiful White Hose
    I now remember I had those at the Hospital to...that is to keep the blood clots from forming I believe.