Does he have stomach cancer?

linds123
linds123 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Stomach Cancer #1
My boyfriend has SEVERE SEVERE heartburn. He gets heartburn from weird things like chex mix and the candy whoppers. He was diagnosed with an ulcer when he was just 17 years old...he is now 23 and was just diagnosed with H. Pylori...he has abdominal pain...bad indigestion...and such. Is it possible that he has stomach cancer...and that's the reason for the H. Pylori and ulcer?

Comments

• Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Hi Linds123 and welcome. Did
    Hi Linds123 and welcome. Did you post this before? It sounds familiar. I would get him to the dr right away for an endoscope of his esophagus. Do not waste any more time playing the guessing game. The sooner he gets it checked, the sooner he can get it treated. Best of luck. Keep in touch.
    Tina
  • linds123
    linds123 Member Posts: 2

Hi Linds123 and welcome. Did
    Hi Linds123 and welcome. Did you post this before? It sounds familiar. I would get him to the dr right away for an endoscope of his esophagus. Do not waste any more time playing the guessing game. The sooner he gets it checked, the sooner he can get it treated. Best of luck. Keep in touch.
    Tina

Thank you. No, this is my
    Thank you. No, this is my first time ever posting on the site. I am just really worried...he's had severe heartburn since he was a teenager, and to have an ulcer and h. pylori that young is crazy to me.
    My family thinks I'm crazy and paranoid. They say he's way to young to have stomach cancer...and that he's perfectly healthy.
    He also has had a hiatal hernia since he was 17 as well.
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    linds123 said:

Thank you. No, this is my
    Thank you. No, this is my first time ever posting on the site. I am just really worried...he's had severe heartburn since he was a teenager, and to have an ulcer and h. pylori that young is crazy to me.
    My family thinks I'm crazy and paranoid. They say he's way to young to have stomach cancer...and that he's perfectly healthy.
    He also has had a hiatal hernia since he was 17 as well.

Hey Linds
    Listen to us on

Hey Linds
    Listen to us on this site, we have all been through this journey with cancer. We know what to look for, and what the signs are. I just lost my dad in March from esophageal cancer with mets to the liver. He had chronic heartburn and acid reflux and a hiatal hernia for many many years. It was not until 2008 when he could no longer swallow his food, that he told the drs he wanted a scope done. Since no one ever suggested getting one sooner, his cancerous tumor was at stage IV. You are not paranoid at all. Cancer does not choose a gender or an age, it just happens. Go with your gut feeling.....get him checked now!!!
    Tina
  • Tomissimo
    Tomissimo Member Posts: 37

Hey Linds
    Listen to us on

Hey Linds
    Listen to us on this site, we have all been through this journey with cancer. We know what to look for, and what the signs are. I just lost my dad in March from esophageal cancer with mets to the liver. He had chronic heartburn and acid reflux and a hiatal hernia for many many years. It was not until 2008 when he could no longer swallow his food, that he told the drs he wanted a scope done. Since no one ever suggested getting one sooner, his cancerous tumor was at stage IV. You are not paranoid at all. Cancer does not choose a gender or an age, it just happens. Go with your gut feeling.....get him checked now!!!
    Tina

the H Pylori bacteria is
    the H Pylori bacteria is known to cause stomach Ulcers and potentially cancer as well. As mentioned earlier is to give the situation due diligence and perhaps look at an upper GI or endoscopy to see if there is anything to be concerned with. Having the bacteria does not mean that there is stomach cancer, just that it is a potential cause of it. Irregardless I would think it would need to be addressed if that is what was discovered.
  • hayden0902
    hayden0902 Member Posts: 4
    Your Boyfriend...
    I was just wondering if your boyfriend ever went in to be checked out, I read your post along with everyone else's and couldn't agree more. "Knowing" is knowledge to be able to fix things that may be wrong, no matter how scared he may be....he needs to be checked.