Victory

victory10
victory10 Member Posts: 75
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have victory over the cancer mass and the chemotherapy. Two weeks ago I finished the treatment, went on vacation, walked 3 miles while there.

I have to get mediport out and incisional hernia repaired but other than that, the only side effect I'm waiting for to leave is the neuropothy and in time, it will.

I am thankful for this discussion board and all the info I received. Because of this board I was able to make the dicision to request my last two treatments to be given without the oxiliplatin drug. I knew my body had enough but the expdriences shared on this forum helped me to remain true to my gut feeling! So glad I did!!!!!

Blessing to everyone on this journey and I pray that everyone will have the success I did and we all continue to live ON PURPOSE!!!!!

Corey Sue Ward aka Victory10

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Corey,
    Congratulations! I

Corey,

Congratulations! I am happy things are going so well for you + you got to have a vacation too!
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    AnneCan said:

Corey,
    Congratulations! I

Corey,

Congratulations! I am happy things are going so well for you + you got to have a vacation too!

Corey
    way to go Corey....congrats....onwards and upwards

well done

mags
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    Oh Happy Day!
    Corey,
    YES!!! To live with purpose is the only way to live.

Congratulations
    Jan
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Great!
    That is lovely news! Sounds like you're doing very well!!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Good Job
    I too am very happy things are going so well for you, keep strong, and keep keeping on...

*HUGS*
    Beth
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    Your post
    Congrats on finishing chemo and celebrating with such an excellent vacation!
    Your post brought to mind a 1960s song, "Oh Happy Day.". I think I hear Andrea Crouch sing it at a concert on/about 1978. I wish he had recorded it, I loved his rendition.
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    thready said:

Oh Happy Day!
    Corey,
    YES!!! To live with purpose is the only way to live.

Congratulations
    Jan

Your post
    Jan, I had not read your post when I made my post, but my thoughts exactly!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Wonderful!
    Corey,

Thanks for sharing! BTW, I sent you a PM about the book you mentioned a while back.
    I'm glad you're feeling good. It will take a while to get over the side effects of chemo- probably a good six months or more. Hopefully it will be sooner in you, but give your body time and allow yourself to rest. Exercising is great- glad you're already doing it!

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • hoya1973
    hoya1973 Member Posts: 37
    lisa42 said:

Wonderful!
    Corey,

Thanks for sharing! BTW, I sent you a PM about the book you mentioned a while back.
    I'm glad you're feeling good. It will take a while to get over the side effects of chemo- probably a good six months or more. Hopefully it will be sooner in you, but give your body time and allow yourself to rest. Exercising is great- glad you're already doing it!

Hugs,
    Lisa

Momentum
    Corey,
    Great news and thanks for sharing as it provides inspiration for all of us. I'm just getting started but will be following in your footsteps!
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Congratulations.This is a
    Congratulations.This is a big victory.
  • victory10
    AnneCan said:

Corey,
    Congratulations! I

Corey,

thanks
    Thanks...I believe that WE WIN!
  • victory10

Your post
    Congrats on finishing chemo and celebrating with such an excellent vacation!
    Your post brought to mind a 1960s song, "Oh Happy Day.". I think I hear Andrea Crouch sing it at a concert on/about 1978. I wish he had recorded it, I loved his rendition.

I love OH HAPPY DAY
    I love OH HAPPY DAY Rick....We all are so blessed! Thanks
  • victory10
    hoya1973 said:

Momentum
    Corey,
    Great news and thanks for sharing as it provides inspiration for all of us. I'm just getting started but will be following in your footsteps!

I speak LIFE to you fellow
    I speak LIFE to you fellow overcomer!!!! One treatment at a time and no negative people around you!!!!!
  • victory10
    dorookie said:

Good Job
    I too am very happy things are going so well for you, keep strong, and keep keeping on...

*HUGS*
    Beth

thank you! Blessing to you
    thank you! Blessing to you Beth!
  • victory10
    lisa42 said:

Wonderful!
    Corey,

Hugs,
    Lisa

I have to go back and take a
    I have to go back and take a look...Thank you for these words. Nueropothy kicked in which is strange since it wasn't bad during treatment! I will now take your advise since retruning from vacation and allow myself time to rebuild instead of jumping back into the ratrace of life! I've changed through this so I must maintain the change and not let others to pull me back and draw the life out of me.... Much love
    csward99@aol.com You and your family are such a blessed family....I can tell by the picture :)
  • victory10
    lisa42 said:

Wonderful!
    Corey,

Hugs,
    Lisa

I have to go back and take a look...Thank you for these words. Nueropothy kicked in which is strange since it wasn't bad during treatment! I will now take your advise since retruning from vacation and allow myself time to rebuild instead of jumping back into the ratrace of life! I've changed through this so I must maintain the change and not let others to pull me back and draw the life out of me.... Much love
    csward99@aol.com You and your family are such a blessed family....I can tell by the picture :)
  • victory10
    lisa42 said:

Wonderful!
    Corey,

Hugs,
    Lisa

• victory10

thanks a million to you and
    thanks a million to you and everyone here on the discussion board!
  • victory10

• victory10