Extreme pain and retention

8924 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
I am 3 weeks post RP and had cath removed at 7 days and was dry from day one with normal urinary functions. A week later, I went to bathroom and could not urinate...pain was awful. Dr. called in antibiotics which gave relief almost instantly and I went a week with normal functions. Then, it came back...couldn't go, pain everywhere. I went to Dr but by the time I arrived, I was able to urninate with some discomfort and weak stream. I was sent home. I still have constant pain in penis, scrotum and surrounding area...all the time, whether trying to urinate or not. Does anyone have thoughts on this pain and continued retention issue? My doc said to give it more time, no need to scope or insert another cath as long as I can go. Thanks...this is all so new and I just found this website and hope someone can give me answers.

Comments

• Trew
    Trew Member Posts: 932 Member
    I talked with a patient of
    I talked with a patient of my old doctor who had a lot of pain in his testicles after de vinci. He ended up getting injections in those most sensitive organs but it did help the pain. I have since lost contact with that person and hve no idea how he is doing.
    8924 Member Posts: 3
    Trew said:

I talked with a patient of
    I talked with a patient of my old doctor who had a lot of pain in his testicles after de vinci. He ended up getting injections in those most sensitive organs but it did help the pain. I have since lost contact with that person and hve no idea how he is doing.

Appreciate the quick reply.
    Appreciate the quick reply. I've gotten some other input and the symtoms seem to be normal to this type of surgery...nerves being cut, invasive stuff, etc. Am hopeful there's no blockage.