What stage are you and when were you dx?

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    PamPam2 said:

August 2004
    August 2004 Stage 4 Large colon tumor, grew through colon wall, engulfed overy. In lymph nodes. Totally obstructed. Emergency surgery. Resec Surgery Chemo Reconnect surgery
    Doing pretty well!
    Pam

another august 2004!
    Yea, that month just sucked all around!
    mary
  • mark440
    mark440 Member Posts: 63
    stage 3 upper third rectal
    stage 3 upper third rectal cancer pt2 pn1 mo..... dx on dec 23 2009 surgery at cleveland clinic jan 25 2010 anterior resection of rectum.... currently going through folfox 6 chemo for 6 months,,, alot of side effects..62 nodes removed 3 metastatic..
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Stage IIIc
    Husband diagnosed Jan 2009 - routine colonoscopy stage IIIc
    resection Jan 2009
    Folfox March - August 2009
    1 lymph node active on Pet Sept 2009
    Began Folfori Sept 2009 - March 2010
    Lymph node still active
    Surgery to remove lymph node May 10, 2010
    Waiting to hear chemo plan
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807

Stage IIIc
    Husband diagnosed Jan 2009 - routine colonoscopy stage IIIc
    resection Jan 2009
    Folfox March - August 2009
    1 lymph node active on Pet Sept 2009
    Began Folfori Sept 2009 - March 2010
    Lymph node still active
    Surgery to remove lymph node May 10, 2010
    Waiting to hear chemo plan

Stage III, November
    Stage III, November 2008.
    Oral chemo and radiation Nov-Jan 2009
    Resection Feb 2009
    Port March 09
    Folfox March-Aug 2009
    Illeostomy Reversal Sept 09
    Port Removal Feb 2010
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Stage IV, mets to right
    Stage IV, mets to right Kidney, Ovary and Liver. 02/06/2010 @the Emergency room thought had appendicitis.
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Stage 4a 5/08
    dx 5/08 stage 4 rectal cancer; 1 met to liver; resectable at dx
    radiation 28 tx xeloda/oxaliplatin 6/08
    LAR surgery 9/08
    R hepatectomy 10/08; NED after surgery
    FOLFOX 10 tx 12/08-5/09
    baseline PET/CT after surgeries/chemo 8/09; still NED after 3/10 CT scan!
    next PET/CT 6/10

Leslie
  • JR
    JR Member Posts: 139 Member
    Paula G. said:

My husband was DX Oct. 2009.
    My husband was DX Oct. 2009. Stage 4 mets to liver, lungs and right adrenal gland. He has been on FOLFOX had to stop the oxy on treatment #9. Is now on Xeldoda + avastin. will start his 24th round on Friday. Most days he feels pretty good. Paula

Actually
    My wife (Paula G.) is a year off. I was dx Oct. 2008. Time flies when your having fun.

John
  • ann2008
    ann2008 Member Posts: 118
    Stage
    Dx Stage IIIB Oct 2008 with 10" decending colon removed. 3 of 17 lymph nodes pos. Started folfox Dec 08 to May 09. Last scan March 2010 which was clear. Next one in 6 mo.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    dx march 16, 2004
    stage 2 rectal cancer
    recurrence Oct. 2005 lung
    has been in and out of lungs since 2005
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    two tumors
    DX Feb 2009
    rectum - stage IIIb
    descending colon- stage IIIa
  • claud1951
    claud1951 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Stage 3, dx November 2006.
    Stage 3, dx November 2006.

Enjoying life even more and doing lots of vounteer work!

Keep moving forward

Claudia
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    Stage 3C - Now Stage 4
    Hubby David dx April 3, 2008 Stage 3C, Stage 4 January 2009 with single met to liver.
    Liver resection 3-24-2010 and will have first scans tomorrow at M D Anderson since surgery. Currently no evidence of disease!

Priscilla
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    pf78248 said:

Stage 3C - Now Stage 4
    Hubby David dx April 3, 2008 Stage 3C, Stage 4 January 2009 with single met to liver.
    Liver resection 3-24-2010 and will have first scans tomorrow at M D Anderson since surgery. Currently no evidence of disease!

Priscilla

Stage 3 they said NOT
    Angels tumor had already ripped threw the colon wall they said he was a stage 3c but he was really stage 4 they just didn't see all the cancer cells at the beginning but they soon saw them.

michelle
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    stage IV Feb. 04'
    mets to liver and left lung.

Lisa P.
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209

Stage 3 they said NOT
    Angels tumor had already ripped threw the colon wall they said he was a stage 3c but he was really stage 4 they just didn't see all the cancer cells at the beginning but they soon saw them.

michelle

I agree Michelle
    I think David was stage 4 all along. Those cancer cells were probably in his liver and all the chemo kept it from growing for a while. His two month scan after he finished chemo is when the liver tumor showed it's ugly head.

I hope you are doing okay. I know you miss Angel terribly but I think it is so great you stay on this board and keep in touch. You are very much admired for your strength, knowledge and inspiration to others going through what you and Angel did.

Hugs and Healing,
    Priscilla
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    pf78248 said:

I agree Michelle
    I think David was stage 4 all along. Those cancer cells were probably in his liver and all the chemo kept it from growing for a while. His two month scan after he finished chemo is when the liver tumor showed it's ugly head.

I hope you are doing okay. I know you miss Angel terribly but I think it is so great you stay on this board and keep in touch. You are very much admired for your strength, knowledge and inspiration to others going through what you and Angel did.

Hugs and Healing,
    Priscilla

Skip, hop and a jump...
    It is really just a short skip, hop, and a jump from the more serious stage 3 to stage 4. As you have both said, sometimes it is just a matter of whether it is big enough to be scanned.

So nice to still have you connecting with us Michelle.

Peace and blessings... Rob; in Vancouver
  • Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    Stage 1
    Diagnosed 03/02/06 as a result of biopsy from my first (but certainly not my last) colonoscopy 02/28/06.
  • bdee
    bdee Member Posts: 304
    abrub said:

Stage 4
    Stage 4 (Appendiceal Cancer) - April 6, 2007; a surprise find during a "routine" hysterectomy done a few weeks after my clean colonoscopy.

Abrub
    It is good to hear from someone else who has been diagnosed with appendiceal cancer. I was diagnosed in November 2008, Stage IV, from just feeling real bad.
    What are you doing to be treated?

Debbie in Arkansas
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    bdee said:

Abrub
    It is good to hear from someone else who has been diagnosed with appendiceal cancer. I was diagnosed in November 2008, Stage IV, from just feeling real bad.
    What are you doing to be treated?

Debbie in Arkansas

Appendiceal Cancer - mucinous adenocarcinoma
    Debbie,
    I've got a detailed summary on my blog page (the earliest entry).

In a nutshell: I've had cyto-reductive surgery after my initial "discovery" surgery, to get rid of all visible tumor (splattered all over my peritoneum) followed by Intra-Peritoneal chemo (not the heated kind) - 5 3-day cycles, and then 7 of planned 12 rounds of Folfox + Avastin. At the moment, I'm 2 years post-chemo and doing great.

I have incisional hernias from the surgeries, and will be having them repaired next month. My surgeon will also use the opportunity to look around again, to be sure nothing has grown back in the 3 years since he last looked.

What have you done, and how are you doing?

Alice