colonoscopy

amyb15
amyb15 Member Posts: 109 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
hi everyone. I know this post is insignificant compared to what all of you have been through. I will be having a colonoscopy today. At the time of my sister's dx in 3/09, my PCP advised me to have a cololoscopy. I did (at aGE 40) and a cnerous polyp was removed. We had genetic testing and it was determined that the caNCER IS NOT GENETIC. tHE prep wa terribele this time. I was vomiting last night after drinking the miralax solution and did not finish it all. I will be looking foreward to getting this over with

amy

Comments

• greybeard64
    greybeard64 Member Posts: 254
    hope it went well for you.
    hope it went well for you. Sorry the prep was so rough, I always hate that myself. let us know.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Good Luck Today
    Hi Amy

You may already be on the way in to your procedure, but wishing you well for your scope and results. The "happy juice" will wash away all the heartache from the prep. "It's Versed Time."

Sweet dreams and when you awake, it'll be time for lunch:)

-Craig
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Yuk Yuk Yuk
    Did it a few months ago. While it does taste better, sure works different (my opinion), takes longer to work and they got you drinking it a little too fast. Well happy dreams, I love the white stuff they put in your IV combined with the oxygen, gosh, being out for 2 hours seems like you slept 12. No wonder people with gobs of money get hooked on this stuff.

Take care - Tina
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Good luck, Amy! I hope all
    Good luck, Amy! I hope all goes well.
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Minimally Invasive?
    Hi Amy,

My colonoscopies take place in the "Minimally Invasive Surgical Suite" of a local hospital. Personally I find nothing "minimally invasive" about the procedure!! LOL

I hope it goes well and that your colon is clear!

Be well... Rob; in Vancouver
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    no fun
    Ugh- I started feeling nauseated just by you mentioning the miralax prep solution in your post :~ Take care and it will be over with soon. You're on top of things and already had the one & it's not genetic, so I'm sure all will be fine.

Take care & let us know how things come out-

Lisa
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Hope it went well
    Amy,

I'll be looking forward to hearing about great results!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • amyb15
    tootsie1 said:

Hope it went well
    Amy,

I'll be looking forward to hearing about great results!

*hugs*
    Gail

hi everyone
    colonoscopy went

hi everyone
    colonoscopy went well. Dr. removed one 4 mm polyp and ordered bloodwork. Polyp will be biopsied. Dr said it doesn't "look" like cancer. Glad its over.
    amy
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    amyb15 said:

hi everyone
    colonoscopy went

hi everyone
    colonoscopy went well. Dr. removed one 4 mm polyp and ordered bloodwork. Polyp will be biopsied. Dr said it doesn't "look" like cancer. Glad its over.
    amy

Way to go Amy! Thanks for
    Way to go Amy! Thanks for the update.
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    amyb15 said:

hi everyone
    colonoscopy went

hi everyone
    amy

Good Job
    Whew, I bet you are glad that is over. Sounds like very good news.

Take care - Tina
  • qwe
    qwe Member Posts: 124
    geotina said:

Good Job
    Whew, I bet you are glad that is over. Sounds like very good news.

Take care - Tina

My prayers are with you and
    Glad to hear the good news.Best wishes.
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    amyb15 said:

hi everyone
    colonoscopy went

hi everyone
    amy

Way to Go!
    Good news is SO refreshing. I'm very happy for you Amy. ...and by the way, I also think you are the perfect example of a good, loving sister. I have one of those too, and she has been so wonderful to me

-Pat
  • Brenda3.16
    Brenda3.16 Member Posts: 209
    Jaylo969 said:

Way to Go!
    Good news is SO refreshing. I'm very happy for you Amy. ...and by the way, I also think you are the perfect example of a good, loving sister. I have one of those too, and she has been so wonderful to me

-Pat

She is nice most of the
    She is nice most of the time. I have always been the bossy sister, which she used to get annoyed at, now she lets me have my own way more often. She lets me pick where we go out to eat or shop after every chemo appointment. In the old days we would have had an argument about where to eat. She is a good sister and Aunt.
  • amyb15

She is nice most of the
    She is nice most of the time. I have always been the bossy sister, which she used to get annoyed at, now she lets me have my own way more often. She lets me pick where we go out to eat or shop after every chemo appointment. In the old days we would have had an argument about where to eat. She is a good sister and Aunt.

yes, she is the bossy, older
    yes, she is the bossy, older sister. She has always gotton her own way, but even more so now
    ., as she plays the "cancer card" LOL!!!!!!
    However, after she was 1st dx we were with a friend. Our friend and I got to the car first and I got in the back seat becasue I was still feeling really sorry for her. I normally would not have done that becasue we both get car sick when we ride in the back. Then she went and made a joke of it to some of our friends of how I let her sit in the front. After that, I told her I was no longer giving her special treatment since she made a joke of it (even though I still do) it was just a much needed, lighthearted moment at that horrific time
    She is going to pay me back "big time" when she is cured ands this is all behind her!!!!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    amyb15 said:

hi everyone
    colonoscopy went

hi everyone
    amy

Glad to hear it
    Glad you got it done! Doctors are usually pretty good at "eyeballing" stuff and knowing if it's bad or good. Hope yours is right on the money this time!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member

She is nice most of the

hi, Brenda
    you guys are too funny! I remember when I was telling my family, little by little, about my cancer diagnosis (it was much harder than I thought, and whenever I could, I'd get my Boyfriend to tell), one of my sisters said "Does this mean I have to be nice to you now?" Of course, she had me cracking up!
    Sister Love - nothing like it.
    Aud
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    amyb15 said:

yes, she is the bossy, older sister. She has always gotton her own way, but even more so now
    However, after she was 1st dx we were with a friend. Our friend and I got to the car first and I got in the back seat becasue I was still feeling really sorry for her. I normally would not have done that becasue we both get car sick when we ride in the back. Then she went and made a joke of it to some of our friends of how I let her sit in the front. After that, I told her I was no longer giving her special treatment since she made a joke of it (even though I still do) it was just a much needed, lighthearted moment at that horrific time
    She is going to pay me back "big time" when she is cured ands this is all behind her!!!!

Now girls!!
    No fighting on the internet! LOL

I have 3 daughters and enjoy every minute of it. They do a great job of singing "Sisters" from "A White Christmas".

Glad the colonoscopy went well Amy.

Rob; in Vancouver
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    amyb15 said:

Oh...
    and Amy, congrats on your colonoscopy. I'm with Lisa, just the mere mention of Miralax - Gaaag! I'm pleasantly living in denial till they tell me I'm due again.
    Aud
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    amyb15 said:

My sister
    after my dx kept telling everyone that SHE was devastated. I wasn't devastated at all.She went to every infusion with me, took notes, added some of her own funny thoughts knowing my husband would be reading the notes. Things like "Doctor says no sex for 6 months", "Dr. says you MUST eat hotdogs at least 2 times week".

Most importantly at age 59 she had her first colonoscopy and was totally clear!We are 3 yrs apart ( she is the old one...LOL)Our other 2 siblings passed away in their 30's so we cling to one another.Sisters and daughters ROCK!! It's a girl thing I guess.

-Pat