Hodgkins Lymphoma

jude c
jude c Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone,

I'm new, but have read many discussion boards concerning Hodgkins. My husband had been diagnosed with HL in July of 2007. All indications and remarks were positive. He was between stage1-2B. Chemo treatments started in Dec. of 2007 ABVD, after 8 sessions, there was still activity. The oncologist then sent all medicals forms to Mass General and Dana Farber. The plan was to continue with a stronger chemo and then a stem cell in November. He was treated with ICE for two treatments, and then another round of chemo just before going in for this stem cell. It was difficult, but he managed well after his stem cell, and then 3 weeks later, started radiation 5x a week for 21 sessions. Then he hit a wall. The radiation knocked him right down, cough, dry throat, loss of appetite, weight loss, etc. His red blood cell count dropped to 5. He had to receive 6 pints of blood. As of know, he had a cat and pet scan, all showing more activity. He is scheduled to begin more chemo on Monday. A chemo that is used for non-hodgkins. He is angry, depressed and frustated. I believe he thinks he is going to die. Is there anyone out there who has had a similar situation. I would like to hear from anyone who has. Thanks for listening and good luck to all.
Jude

Comments

• m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    im really sorry for what
    im really sorry for what your husband and you are going through. I wasn't exactly in your same situation i'm afraid,but i did beat HL 19 years ago.
    I understand how angry and frustrated your hubby must be. its very frightening. Goes your hubby have an aggressive form of HL? He has been treated for a while then-since 2007?

Never give up hope. And its important your hubby stays positive. Now i've never really been into all this holistic mumbo jumbo, but i came across a site where a healthy living lifestyle is put forward. **IT IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE!!!**
    It is used alongside conventional med's to help the body heal using a combination of juiced veg etc. It is full of antioxidants which your body needs to fight off cancer cells.
    **ANY DIET CHANGES SHOULD BE RAN PAST YOUR ONC FIRST THOUGH AS THERE MAY BE FOODS THAT CANNOT BE EATEN WITH SOME DRUGS**

I know its a long shot,but anything is worth a try. To give his body the sustanance it need to be able to fight?
    The site is http://mycrazysexylife.com/ just copy and paste it into your browser. Its worth taking a look and there will be lots of people on their who can help you and advise you. There are even 'juicing' groups! The site is ran by Kris Carr who is living with cancer herself, after being told a few years ago she didnt have long to live and there was no more treatment they could give her. She is still here today (though she is LIVING with cancer).

I am a member on there so feel free to look me up (midnight star).

I thought i would try and at least send you a reply to give you some help and to let you knoe there are lots of ppl who care and are here for you when you need us.

Kay
  • jude c
    jude c Member Posts: 2
    m-star said:

im really sorry for what
    im really sorry for what your husband and you are going through. I wasn't exactly in your same situation i'm afraid,but i did beat HL 19 years ago.
    I understand how angry and frustrated your hubby must be. its very frightening. Goes your hubby have an aggressive form of HL? He has been treated for a while then-since 2007?

Never give up hope. And its important your hubby stays positive. Now i've never really been into all this holistic mumbo jumbo, but i came across a site where a healthy living lifestyle is put forward. **IT IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE!!!**
    It is used alongside conventional med's to help the body heal using a combination of juiced veg etc. It is full of antioxidants which your body needs to fight off cancer cells.
    **ANY DIET CHANGES SHOULD BE RAN PAST YOUR ONC FIRST THOUGH AS THERE MAY BE FOODS THAT CANNOT BE EATEN WITH SOME DRUGS**

I know its a long shot,but anything is worth a try. To give his body the sustanance it need to be able to fight?
    The site is http://mycrazysexylife.com/ just copy and paste it into your browser. Its worth taking a look and there will be lots of people on their who can help you and advise you. There are even 'juicing' groups! The site is ran by Kris Carr who is living with cancer herself, after being told a few years ago she didnt have long to live and there was no more treatment they could give her. She is still here today (though she is LIVING with cancer).

I am a member on there so feel free to look me up (midnight star).

I thought i would try and at least send you a reply to give you some help and to let you knoe there are lots of ppl who care and are here for you when you need us.

Kay

Thank you Kay,
    I am staying

Thank you Kay,

I am staying positive and trying everything in my power to keep him positive. I have talked to the oncologist about supplements and holistic healing and he agrees. I am hoping his anger and depression lift and he sees there is always hope. I wish you well and thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will go to the site and continue to do whatever I can to get him thru this. Much peace and happiness in your life. <3