Signs of mestasis to the lungs

Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
What are the signs of mestasis to the lungs, I have this dry cough that I get mostly at night, and thought I better ask, is this a symtom???

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    lungs
    A cough could be a sign of a lot of things- especially even from post nasal drip at night from secretions in the sinuses caused by allergies. This is a bad allergy year countrywide, apparently. Try taking an antihistamine at night & see if anything improves. Zyrtec over the counter is better, in my experience that Claritan, BTW.

I have numerous tumors in my lungs and have absolutely no symptoms- no pain, no shortness of breath, and absolutely no cough. On occasion I get a dry cough, but I know that's from the allergies I've suffered from for years.

It's probably worth mentioning to your onc, but I definitely wouldn't panic if I were you- chances are it's allergies.

Cheers,
    Lisa
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Agreed - it's a bad allergy
    Agreed - it's a bad allergy year all over, just like Lisa said.

I've noticed that nearly every day, my voice starts to go hoarse - what's the first thing that goes through your mind? Well, you know.....

But you're ok, Nana:)
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Sundanceh said:

Agreed - it's a bad allergy
    Agreed - it's a bad allergy year all over, just like Lisa said.

I've noticed that nearly every day, my voice starts to go hoarse - what's the first thing that goes through your mind? Well, you know.....

But you're ok, Nana:)

I agree, allergies! This is
    I agree, allergies! This is a documented bad year for allergens and I for one am suffering with them, and people who have never had them are starting to feel it too!
    Plus if it were something else, wouldn't it be all the time? not just at night?
    Kathy
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    cough
    When I was 1st dx I had a cough. However.... 2 1/2 yrs later (with the same mets to my lungs) I have no cough except for allergies!! I vote for allergies! You should tell your onc so they have it as a reference, but please know that it doesn't have to be mets!! Hang in there! Jean
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Same here
    Gosh! I am glad you asked this question.I'm having the same thing and my imagination....

-Pat
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Nana
    George has mets to the lungs and has absolutely no pain, shortness of breath, or any of that stuff that is why I am shocked he even has mets. A couple mets are/were pretty big. Anyway, he does have a cough, phlem (sp) but he has always had that. He coughs usually followed by a big sneeze. His voice gets a little hoarse but that is more from chemo than anything.

Now stop looking for trouble.

Tina
  • Nana b
    geotina said:

Nana
    George has mets to the lungs and has absolutely no pain, shortness of breath, or any of that stuff that is why I am shocked he even has mets. A couple mets are/were pretty big. Anyway, he does have a cough, phlem (sp) but he has always had that. He coughs usually followed by a big sneeze. His voice gets a little hoarse but that is more from chemo than anything.

Now stop looking for trouble.

Tina

Crazy huh!
    I know, sad how we just fly off the handle, when anything out of the oridinary pops up!
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    I'm like Lisa. I had
    I'm like Lisa. I had numerous lung nodules with no symptoms whatsoever. So your dry cough could and probably is pollen or something.

-Sheri
  • Brenda3.16
    Brenda3.16 Member Posts: 209
    luv3jay said:

I'm like Lisa. I had
    I'm like Lisa. I had numerous lung nodules with no symptoms whatsoever. So your dry cough could and probably is pollen or something.

-Sheri

I also have numerous lung
    I also have numerous lung nodules and have never had any symptoms.

Brenda
  • khl8
    Nana b said:

Crazy huh!
    I know, sad how we just fly off the handle, when anything out of the oridinary pops up!

I know! I had an itch last
    I know! I had an itch last night in my armpit and felt a lump and freaked out!!!!!! Until I went into the bathroom and here it was in ingrown hair from shaving! Every ache and pain I think OH crap!!!!
    Wonder if this will ever go away???? I somehow don't think so.........:(

Kathy
  • jillpls
    jillpls Member Posts: 238
    wet cough not dry
    When my GF was DX with lymphoma and another with lung cancer, both had more of a wet cough than a dry cough. Plus they would cough day or night. So I agree with all the above, ALERGIES!
    Jill
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    It's probably Leprosy

Or maybe Tuberculosis.

Yeah.

No, wait..... I know... Pollen.

This is one of the worst years for pollen. Everyone around
    is coughing. Some with a dry cough, and some real leugie spitters.
    (a leugie is a Norwegian phlegm-ball spit into a Fiord)

Hack away kiddo.
  • Nana b
    John23 said:

It's probably Leprosy

Or maybe Tuberculosis.

Yeah.

No, wait..... I know... Pollen.

This is one of the worst years for pollen. Everyone around
    is coughing. Some with a dry cough, and some real leugie spitters.
    (a leugie is a Norwegian phlegm-ball spit into a Fiord)

Hack away kiddo.

Kiddo....Oh my gosh, I'm a
    Kiddo....Oh my gosh, I'm a nana to 11........that sounds odd! But think I will!
  • Devasted
    Devasted Member Posts: 185
    Nana b said:

Kiddo....Oh my gosh, I'm a
    Kiddo....Oh my gosh, I'm a nana to 11........that sounds odd! But think I will!

Some blood pressure meds

My husband has developed the worst dry cough and we thought..oops..now the lungs.
    But a nurse told us at pre-op appointment there is a family of blood pressure meds that can cause a dry cough. His onc. insisted it was pollen but since I have been asking around today, his brother was taking the same blood pressure meds and had the same problem. Another friend and our pastor from church, same thing, they thought she had developed asthma, my mom's friend...same thing..Dr. changed the blood pressure meds and no more cough! He is taking Altace (blood pressure problem developed after Avastin). Wishing you all the best and thanks for posting about the cough, got us to thinking,too!We will be calling his onc. first thing Monday.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Devasted said:

Some blood pressure meds

My husband has developed the worst dry cough and we thought..oops..now the lungs.
    But a nurse told us at pre-op appointment there is a family of blood pressure meds that can cause a dry cough. His onc. insisted it was pollen but since I have been asking around today, his brother was taking the same blood pressure meds and had the same problem. Another friend and our pastor from church, same thing, they thought she had developed asthma, my mom's friend...same thing..Dr. changed the blood pressure meds and no more cough! He is taking Altace (blood pressure problem developed after Avastin). Wishing you all the best and thanks for posting about the cough, got us to thinking,too!We will be calling his onc. first thing Monday.

what blood pressure med did he take before
    Devastated,

What blood pressure med was your husband taking before he changed to Altace? I never heard of that one before. I currently am taking Atenolol & had also taken Lisinopril at one point in time. My blood pressure issues also stemmed from Avastin.

Lisa
  • Devasted
    Devasted Member Posts: 185
    lisa42 said:

what blood pressure med did he take before
    Devastated,

What blood pressure med was your husband taking before he changed to Altace? I never heard of that one before. I currently am taking Atenolol & had also taken Lisinopril at one point in time. My blood pressure issues also stemmed from Avastin.

Lisa

Blood Pressure meds
    He was taking Diltiazem and Altace with chemo (avastin). They dropped the Diltiazem and he is taking Altace 5MG. The onc. told him to stop taking Altace today and monitor his blood pressure. Cough is listed as a side effect but I never realized blood pressure meds could do that...but it seems to have happened to a lot of other people since I have been asking around.
    Guess I wasn't seeing the forest for the trees...I'll be sure to check the side effects on the other meds. We were all sick with colds in Feb, March and his cough never stopped and we just didn't think of the meds?? Will let you know how it goes...
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Signs of mestasis to the lungs?
    Tumors that show up in CT scans for one...
  • Nana b
    PhillieG said:

Signs of mestasis to the lungs?
    Tumors that show up in CT scans for one...

Still coughing
    Still have that dry cough! Had a scan back in June and all okay, but now the cough is more frequent, I think I will get an allergy shot, I am out of solutions.
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    khl8 said:

I know! I had an itch last
    I know! I had an itch last night in my armpit and felt a lump and freaked out!!!!!! Until I went into the bathroom and here it was in ingrown hair from shaving! Every ache and pain I think OH crap!!!!
    Wonder if this will ever go away???? I somehow don't think so.........:(

Kathy

Same Thing
    Same Thing here Kathy, turned out I just forgot to shave my armpits these last couple of weeks!!! Darn hair was twisted and felt like a lump. LMAO
  • khl8

Same Thing
    Same Thing here Kathy, turned out I just forgot to shave my armpits these last couple of weeks!!! Darn hair was twisted and felt like a lump. LMAO

Well at least it wasn't long
    Well at least it wasn't long enough to braid it!!!! LOL
    Kathy