6 Month reprieve- scan results

dmdwins
dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Scan results were great today!!! I am still NED. 2.5 years from original diagnosis and 1.5 years from second surgery for ovarian metastasis.

I know I am not out of the woods yet or may never be... we will rescan again in 6 months.

But.... for now I am very happy and could not wait to share the news with my daughters. They got the news first via text at school(isn't it funny how the responded while in school HA HA)

Looking forward to a wonderful, less stressed summer with my family.

I keep all of you in my prayers. Please know how dear you all are to my heart.

Smiles,
Dawn

Update: I posted this prior to reading of some of our dear members who recently passed. I would have waited had I known. I hope I did not appear insensitive. My heart breaks for the families and friends of those who are no longer with us.

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    smiles
    Wonderful news, Dawn! So glad for you!!!!
    Now, go relax and keep on living!

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    lisa42 said:

smiles

Hugs,
    Lisa

excellent
    excellent news....every break counts.....

breathe relax enjoy

mags
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    unadulterated joy
    While there is sadness on this board at times, there is also pure unadulterated joy.

Congratulations.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wonderful
    What exciting news. You need to go out and celebrate that awesome news.

Kim
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Dawn
    Dawn,
    Thank you for sharing your good news. Even in the midst of our sadness about the loss of our friends we all need to here about people who are living past this disease. It is good for all of us.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Eltina21
    Eltina21 Member Posts: 173 Member
    6 month reprieve
    Dear Dawn,
    Such wonderful news. Enjoy not only the summer, but enjoy life. Good things are in store.

Peace and Blessings,
    Karen
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Wonderful news
    Enjoy your summer with your kids!!! I was so happy to read your great news.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    lisa42 said:

smiles

Hugs,
    Lisa

your update
    Dawn,

I just saw your update. I understand your feeling, but I bet no one thought you were being insensitive by sharing your good news. We NEED good news to offset much of the sadder news we hear. I think everyone is open for people sharing their thoughts and feelings here, whether that be sadness, fear, anger, anxiety, confusion, relief, joy, happiness, hope, or rejoicing. Bless you and your family & enjoy your week- your good news helps others to do that, too. :)

Lisa
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Awesome!
    Thanks for sharing the good news Dawn. It is appreciated at any time. The reality of our community is that we are always dealing with life, healing, and recovery along side of death and dying. We have to take the good with the bad and visa versa.

1.5 years clear after your mets is really good. 2.5 after diagnosis... 85% or recurrences happen within 2.5 years of original diagnosis. (For those who like these kinds of stats). Not home free but you are sure heading there!

Be well... Rob; in Vancouver
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    robinvan said:

Awesome!
    Thanks for sharing the good news Dawn. It is appreciated at any time. The reality of our community is that we are always dealing with life, healing, and recovery along side of death and dying. We have to take the good with the bad and visa versa.

1.5 years clear after your mets is really good. 2.5 after diagnosis... 85% or recurrences happen within 2.5 years of original diagnosis. (For those who like these kinds of stats). Not home free but you are sure heading there!

Be well... Rob; in Vancouver

I knew
    I knew that 2.5 years was a milestone to get to but did not know the stat on recurrences at that point. 85% leaves me with 15...not bad. Thanks for the info.

I think of you often and hope you are hanging in there as well.

Smiles,
    Dawn
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Congratulations on such good
    Congratulations on such good results!
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Thanks for the wonderful
    Thanks for the wonderful news and congrats!
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    good news
    Dawn, we need some good news sometimes mixed in with the bad or this whole cancer thing would be unbearable.

So happy for your good test results - congrats!