Prayers Needed

dorookie
dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi All,

I always know where to go when I need help and support. I got a call from my daughter yesterday, she said that she went to her doctor because of some bleeding when she went to the bathroom, she of course told him about me and my history. So she is scheduled for a colonoscopy on May 14, 2010. She is only 18 and she is scared. I am going to be positive, and keep my faith that this will not be cancer. I feel confident that even if it were that it is in the early stages and she wont have to go through the crap I had to.

I would just like to ask for all the prayers I can get, the good vibes, well wishes and anything that anyone is offering.

Please keep her in your thoughts as the next two weeks go by until she has her appointment.

Thank you, everyone here is just the best ever!!!

God Bless
Beth

Comments

• nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    You got
    it!!!

I will continue to pray for your daughter.
  • biglaur
    biglaur Member Posts: 72 Member
    My very best wishes
    thoughts and prayers go out to you and your daughter.
    Laurie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Beth,
    I am so sorry for you

Beth,

I am so sorry for you to have this worry. I am glad that her doctor is being thorough. My thoughts are with you + your daughter, hoping for a great outcome. Please let us know the results when you find out. Take good care!
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    AnneCan said:

Beth,
    I am so sorry for you

Beth,

I am so sorry for you to have this worry. I am glad that her doctor is being thorough. My thoughts are with you + your daughter, hoping for a great outcome. Please let us know the results when you find out. Take good care!

Heyas Beth!
    How sad, I hate to hear about children being sick (yes even teenagers, they'll always be our little children in our eyes ;)

I wish the best for her, and you all of course have my prayers, I am sure it could be something very minor. I remember seeing blood in my stool one day, and it turned out to be all this fruit punch I was drinking, I felt so dumb LOL..

I'll be waiting to hear from you about her, and hope everything turns out just fine!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Shayenne said:

Heyas Beth!
    How sad, I hate to hear about children being sick (yes even teenagers, they'll always be our little children in our eyes ;)

I wish the best for her, and you all of course have my prayers, I am sure it could be something very minor. I remember seeing blood in my stool one day, and it turned out to be all this fruit punch I was drinking, I felt so dumb LOL..

I'll be waiting to hear from you about her, and hope everything turns out just fine!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Sorry Beth
    Here comes mine.

michelle
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Consider It DONE :)
    Hoping all is ok - with you as her guide, she is in fine hands:)

-Craig
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Beth
    Ya know, no matter how old they get, they will always be our babies, and worry we will, just like we did when they were babies.

I'm glad she got right on this thing and like you said, if it is something, it is early. Try not to be scared but, that is impossible until you get the call from her that all is clear.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Tina.
  • abmb
    abmb Member Posts: 311
    Prayers
    I will keep your daughter in my thoughts and Prayers. Pray all goes well! God Bless. Margaret
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Thanks
    I knew I could count on all of you. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again

Beth
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Dear Beth
    I know exactly how you feel, because I went through the same worry with my son, about 2 months ago. I have been after him for more than 3 years to get tested, but everytime I asked him about going, he will say he was fine, he promised me he would do it this year as one of his New Year Resolutions,well the thing is that I asked him again about symtoms like rectal bleeding etc and I freaked out when he told me that it happened like twice, my world stoped at that moment, to make a long story short a colonoscopy was done and everything was clear, I started crying like a baby, of course hapiness tears, so relax I'm sure your daughter will have the same results,just hemorroids, I will keep you in my prayers anyhow.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    betina61 said:

Dear Beth
    I know exactly how you feel, because I went through the same worry with my son, about 2 months ago. I have been after him for more than 3 years to get tested, but everytime I asked him about going, he will say he was fine, he promised me he would do it this year as one of his New Year Resolutions,well the thing is that I asked him again about symtoms like rectal bleeding etc and I freaked out when he told me that it happened like twice, my world stoped at that moment, to make a long story short a colonoscopy was done and everything was clear, I started crying like a baby, of course hapiness tears, so relax I'm sure your daughter will have the same results,just hemorroids, I will keep you in my prayers anyhow.

I think Betina hit the nail on the head exactly
    She just had the baby...Im thinking hemorroids also.....prayers for a good outcome just the same.....Love ya, Buzz
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Buzzard said:

I think Betina hit the nail on the head exactly
    She just had the baby...Im thinking hemorroids also.....prayers for a good outcome just the same.....Love ya, Buzz

Beth
    Hoping all is well. I know I would be freaking out if it were my daughter but like some have said we are hoping for hemorroids. Never thought I'd be hoping someone had hemorroids.....;(

My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your daughhter.

-Pat
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Prayers
    I will be praying for your daughter,I hope it's just something she ate.
  • greybeard64
    greybeard64 Member Posts: 254
    I'm there
    you got it. I am sending you all the "good stuff" I can.
    greybeard
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    prayers for sure!
    For her as well as you! I'm sure it will be nothing. My youngest had a scare and after asking her many questions, it turned out she had started taking fiber but ignored the advice of increasing her fluid intake and was having hard uncomfortable stools, which was causing tearing when passed. She increased her fluid intake and the problem went away.
    mary
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Oh Beth! It's one thing for
    Oh Beth! It's one thing for you to be sick...but to have to watch your child go thru illness when there's nothing you can do for her would be horrible! I know first hand!! Believe me, I am praying that this will turn out to be something comoletely minor that can be cleared up immediately. Keep your head up and your faith strong!

-Sheri
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Beth,
    Beth,
    Of course I will hold your beautiful daughter in my prayers. I will be praying to you too. I know how hard it is when your child is going through health issues. It is absolute torture. I pray that you both can get to a place of peace over the next few weeks.
    Take care friend, she will be fine.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    praying
    Beth,

You bet I'll be praying. Didn't she just have a baby? Maybe it's hemmorhoids from having the baby. Yes, prayers on going up right now for her- please keep us informed.

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Beth
    I just wanted to tell you that I most certainly will pray for your daughter and that her results are only good news. I'm so glad she's having this checked out but feel sure it's probably something minor.

Hope the new locale is starting to feel like home!
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Your daughter sure is in my
    Your daughter sure is in my prayers.Best luck and best wishes to her.