Hats off to you Ladies in our lives........

marc1957
marc1957 Member Posts: 79
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
In most cases discussed here, I observed one of two things (typically).

1) There is a picture of the poor sap who has PC, but in the pic, there is often a pic of his gal
standing/sitting there with him.

2) If #1 above is not applicable, I hear writings/stories of the lady that is the foundation for healing & understanding of the poor sap.

So, to all you ladies supporting us PC guys, THANK YOU for all that you do !!!

best

-marc

Comments

• jminnj
    jminnj Member Posts: 129 Member
    Well Said
    Marc,

Very well stated!!! Don't know where I would be without her!!!

Joe
  • pwiggins
    pwiggins Member Posts: 9
    jminnj said:

Well Said
    Marc,

Very well stated!!! Don't know where I would be without her!!!

Joe

Ditto That
    Amen to that. I truly feel they suffer even more than us. Thank God for my wife.

Peter -
  • marc1957
    pwiggins said:

Ditto That
    Amen to that. I truly feel they suffer even more than us. Thank God for my wife.

Peter -

Mine has been gone for a
    Mine has been gone for a week on a business trip..............

I miss her bunches.
  • bdhilton
    bdhilton Member Posts: 846 Member
    I am blessed…she has truly
    I am blessed…she has truly been supported from A-Z
  • JR1949
    JR1949 Member Posts: 230
    Amen to that
    I don't know what I would do without my wife. She is my best friend, my lover, my soul mate, someone I can talk to when nobody else will listen. We have been married 36 wonderful years. She was very supportive of me when I was dealing with my prostate cancer and I in turn reciprocated when we had our journey with her stage 4 metatastized melanoma cancer last year. Life is good and we have been blessed. I thank God for my good fortune and my wife.

jr
  • marc1957
    Two timer.......
    Even tho I am blessed with my wife, I two timed her.......

I had lung cancer & prostate cancer (surgery 11years apart to the day, dec 8th, bad day!)
  • Olee
    Olee Member Posts: 97
    marc1957 said:

Two timer.......
    Even tho I am blessed with my wife, I two timed her.......

I had lung cancer & prostate cancer (surgery 11years apart to the day, dec 8th, bad day!)

My wife has been by my side
    My wife has been by my side the entire time and continues to this day to support me. I'm so glad I've had her as a best friend and wife during this time in my life.
  • RRMCJIM
    RRMCJIM Member Posts: 149
    Olee said:

My wife has been by my side the entire time and continues to this day to support me. I'm so glad I've had her as a best friend and wife during this time in my life.

Olee
    Hey Olee, isn't it about the one year mark for you two?
  • RRMCJIM
    Olee said:

Olee
    Seems like Feb or so you got married...Congrats by the way...my wife has been there always....even when I didn't deserve her..
  • RRMCJIM
    Olee said:

Olee
    ....who!!! Me!!!...a s h i t head??? lmao...we can get a little self involved at times...
  • RRMCJIM
    RRMCJIM said:

Olee
    ....who!!! Me!!!...a s h i t head??? lmao...we can get a little self involved at times...

WHAT !!
    couldn't it post it in one format??? took 3 ?? go figure..
  • mrshisname
    mrshisname Member Posts: 186
    RRMCJIM said:

WHAT !!
    couldn't it post it in one format??? took 3 ?? go figure..

You guys
    Have me crying right now. Hubbie's surgery is next Tuesday. I wouldn't be anywhere without him, he has supported me in more ways than I can mention here. I am very blessed to be by his side. I will say that I've gone thru a lot of medical 'stuff', but I think this prostate cancer stuff is HORRIBLE. I can't compare it to anything a woman can go thru except possibly vaginal cancer which is pretty rare. A woman who has a breast removed or has a hysterectomy usually doesn't have to worry about incontinence and still can have sex! I have a new respect and understanding, whereas as a rehab nurse I would read H & P's and just gloss over if a man had had prostate cancer. Now I have a whole new understanding and empathy. God bless you all and thank you so much for allowing me to add my 2 cents worth here and there, and putting up with me!
  • Trew
    Trew Member Posts: 932 Member
    I sure scared Mrs Trew! But
    I sure scared Mrs Trew! I didn't mean to, but i did. But she is a big help to me in. When pads and hormone shots bring me down, she helps lift me back up. What a woman!!
  • hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member

You guys
    Have me crying right now. Hubbie's surgery is next Tuesday. I wouldn't be anywhere without him, he has supported me in more ways than I can mention here. I am very blessed to be by his side. I will say that I've gone thru a lot of medical 'stuff', but I think this prostate cancer stuff is HORRIBLE. I can't compare it to anything a woman can go thru except possibly vaginal cancer which is pretty rare. A woman who has a breast removed or has a hysterectomy usually doesn't have to worry about incontinence and still can have sex! I have a new respect and understanding, whereas as a rehab nurse I would read H & P's and just gloss over if a man had had prostate cancer. Now I have a whole new understanding and empathy. God bless you all and thank you so much for allowing me to add my 2 cents worth here and there, and putting up with me!

maria
    wish your husband the best..........good luck.............Ira
  • randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member

You guys

Well Maria
    I can attest to the care and support going both directions with your hubby and you...."get some shoes on" LOL Inside joke no one else will laugh at but you....and my all time favorite...from your hubby...."I'm going in" you may need to clear that one up for everyone...lol I had a great time and your son and his friends were pretty darn good kids! I know Jesse will be in good hands Tuesday and if there is anything I can or you want me to do ...Please let me know.

Randy in indy
  • mrshisname
    mrshisname Member Posts: 186

Well Maria
    I can attest to the care and support going both directions with your hubby and you...."get some shoes on" LOL Inside joke no one else will laugh at but you....and my all time favorite...from your hubby...."I'm going in" you may need to clear that one up for everyone...lol I had a great time and your son and his friends were pretty darn good kids! I know Jesse will be in good hands Tuesday and if there is anything I can or you want me to do ...Please let me know.

Randy in indy

Randy
    Well yes, as you have discovered I am a barefoot hillbilly from Kentucky. Jesse uses the words "I'm goin in" when he puts his bipap on, but he has also been known to use those words for, er, other occasions?
    So glad you had fun. Sent you an email a few minutes ago and you'll be receiving some snail mail in the next few days. We will look forward to your visit at the hospital but if work gets you tied up we truly understand. We enjoyed your company so much. Did you look at the pics on facebook yet?
  • randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member

Randy
    Well yes, as you have discovered I am a barefoot hillbilly from Kentucky. Jesse uses the words "I'm goin in" when he puts his bipap on, but he has also been known to use those words for, er, other occasions?
    So glad you had fun. Sent you an email a few minutes ago and you'll be receiving some snail mail in the next few days. We will look forward to your visit at the hospital but if work gets you tied up we truly understand. We enjoyed your company so much. Did you look at the pics on facebook yet?

That's Funny....Barefoot Kentucky Hillbilly
    Sent you an email back. Hey do I have to Join Picasso in order to view the pics...as I downloaded software but it still will not let me see them.
  • mrspjd
    mrspjd Member Posts: 694 Member

You guys

well said
    I'm sure each of these guys is telling his lady everyday exactly what has been written here...just how much they mean to them and how special they are. I know that pjd has done this for me (and viceversa). My friend, whose son has been battling a rare form of bone cancer for many years, told me that in all this $hit, you will find little unexpected gifts...and I now understand what she meant. Tell the ones you love and care about just how important they are to you and how special they are--everyday. It means alot!
    best to you and "mrhisname" hubby next Tuesday.
    mrs pjd