Opinion # ? (I lost count!)

mrshisname
mrshisname Member Posts: 186
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Well, let's see...
We've seen his original urologist (Brooks Jackson).
We saw second opinion urologist (Bradley Bell).
We saw the radiation oncologist.
We saw the director of urology at IU (Michal Koch).
Then we saw Dr. Scott in Greenwood, Indiana.

Hubby has chosen Drs. Scott and Hollensbe, primarily based on the fact that between the two of them they have done over 2000 DaVinci robotic prostatectomies.

Surgery is scheduled for 4/27.

Hubby is comfortable with his choice, so I am too!

Comments

• randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member
    I guess you could say......
    I am also....since he is using the choice I took and feel very comfortable with on day 70 something post da Vinci.

randy
  • mrshisname
    mrshisname Member Posts: 186

I guess you could say......
    I am also....since he is using the choice I took and feel very comfortable with on day 70 something post da Vinci.

randy

THANKS
    And thanks for directing us to him - though we don't have results yet, I will know he is in good hands and whatever is, is what it is after surgery. We will know that we researched every avenue and made the best decision we could given our circumstances.

I already bought the extra large gym shorts, and got him some tearaway sweat pants for 'catheter week' (hopefully, just one week!)...

See ya in a couple weeks!! You will LOVE Thunder!!
  • randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member

THANKS
    And thanks for directing us to him - though we don't have results yet, I will know he is in good hands and whatever is, is what it is after surgery. We will know that we researched every avenue and made the best decision we could given our circumstances.

I already bought the extra large gym shorts, and got him some tearaway sweat pants for 'catheter week' (hopefully, just one week!)...

See ya in a couple weeks!! You will LOVE Thunder!!

OH I am soooooooooooo sure I will love THUNDER
    It is such a rush to see fighter pilots doing their thing! Let alone the good company and comraderie!!
  • jmchugh
    jmchugh Member Posts: 15
    you did it the right way
    i am glad you are there. that is a hard decision to make and as painstakingly difficult as it is, you went about it the right way. good luck and i do think there is a bit of luck in all of this. ps i did the same thing you are doing and am pleased. jm