oasis of hope tiajuana, mexico and laetrile

akrn
akrn Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
has anyone ever been here and or heard of success with laetrile?

Comments

• ririjeer
    ririjeer Member Posts: 2
    i have heard wonderful things about it. an excellent site to visit is www.outsmartyourcancer.com. nutrition may be your only hope. also, protocel is very promising. i know someone who is using it very successfully. it is all natural
  • martam
    martam Member Posts: 1
    ririjeer said:

i have heard wonderful things about it. an excellent site to visit is www.outsmartyourcancer.com. nutrition may be your only hope. also, protocel is very promising. i know someone who is using it very successfully. it is all natural

Hello: I am assuming you are in Tijuana, do you speak spanish by any chance? My brother who is in Costa Rica, was diagnosticated with lung cancer and I want to find contacts in spanish for him. Thanks, Marta
  • jkramer51
    jkramer51 Member Posts: 3
    martam said:

Hello: I am assuming you are in Tijuana, do you speak spanish by any chance? My brother who is in Costa Rica, was diagnosticated with lung cancer and I want to find contacts in spanish for him. Thanks, Marta

Does anyone have any hard
    Does anyone have any hard more current information pro or con on the laetrile topic?

My 60 year old brother is convinced to stop his chemo and radiation only after 2-3 treatments and go with laetrile plus other all natural methods. He has a contained small cell contained the outside of his trachea near his lung. He is convinced that laetrile will be a much better route without all the side effects and damage the traditional methods pose. But I am not so sure and very worried as is his wife as well. I have no idea of how to respond since I have read all things considered I could find on laetrile and still confused... Is it effective or hoax, what is success rates compared to tradtional Etc. Etc. Etc.?

Help Please! Help Please!

jkramer51@gmail.com
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    jkramer51 said:

Does anyone have any hard
    Does anyone have any hard more current information pro or con on the laetrile topic?

My 60 year old brother is convinced to stop his chemo and radiation only after 2-3 treatments and go with laetrile plus other all natural methods. He has a contained small cell contained the outside of his trachea near his lung. He is convinced that laetrile will be a much better route without all the side effects and damage the traditional methods pose. But I am not so sure and very worried as is his wife as well. I have no idea of how to respond since I have read all things considered I could find on laetrile and still confused... Is it effective or hoax, what is success rates compared to tradtional Etc. Etc. Etc.?

Help Please! Help Please!

jkramer51@gmail.com

Didn't do Steve McQueen much good
    The ACS has gone on record as describing laetrile as quackery, studies by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and others have performed studies and come away concluding that laetrile had no positive effect on cancer tumors, the U. S. Food and Drug Administration has called it highly toxic and ineffective in treatment of cancer, and the National Institute of Health has also concluded that it is ineffective.

Still, the stuff has its proponents and since it is illegal to sell it in the U.S., people go to other countries as they grasp for what they consider easier roads to recovery (and, admittedly and regrettably in some cases, last straws).

You and your brother's wife are right, in my opinion, to be skeptical and concerned.

Take care,

Joe
  • jkramer51

Didn't do Steve McQueen much good
    The ACS has gone on record as describing laetrile as quackery, studies by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and others have performed studies and come away concluding that laetrile had no positive effect on cancer tumors, the U. S. Food and Drug Administration has called it highly toxic and ineffective in treatment of cancer, and the National Institute of Health has also concluded that it is ineffective.

Still, the stuff has its proponents and since it is illegal to sell it in the U.S., people go to other countries as they grasp for what they consider easier roads to recovery (and, admittedly and regrettably in some cases, last straws).

You and your brother's wife are right, in my opinion, to be skeptical and concerned.

Take care,

Joe

Thank you Joe I have seen
    Thank you Joe I have seen those statements and brought them up to him...

Here is some of what he keeps bringing to our attention when we do. He makes a strong argument since he has done a lot of research from what I can tell. His research has gone as far as to include studies done comparing traditional treatments in the states to various other country's where laetrile is practiced regularly. The improvement with laetrile was much higher without all the effects of traditional methods.

1) I understand that this is a hard decision, since it goes against all "authority" in the current world. The problem is : our doctors are pushers of the patented drugs of Big Pharma, they don't care really on the health and wellbeing of their patients. They only pretend they care.

2) He says that laetrile is safe but the small amount of toxin in the raw seeds works to help not hurt but must be in moderation. And what is chemo other than a highly toxic poison?

3) It was outlawed because the Pharma companies could not get a patent and then deemed ineffective and quackery. However he has talked personally to many that have gone to MX when told nothing more could be done here and got second chance.

4) He said all he wants is 3 weeks of this treatment if there is not signs of feeling better, scans looking better then he will go the traditional route.

5) He keeps asking us to just watch this Griffen video or just read the book.

I guess after reading this your conclusion will be much the same as ours "IN the end it is his personal decision it is his life! :-( I just wanted to see if I could get any pros or cons from actual people that have gone this route bad or good other than the hard line statements. Then I would be more inclined to be comfortable with what ever he decides to do and support him the best I can.
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    jkramer51 said:

Thank you Joe I have seen
    Thank you Joe I have seen those statements and brought them up to him...

Here is some of what he keeps bringing to our attention when we do. He makes a strong argument since he has done a lot of research from what I can tell. His research has gone as far as to include studies done comparing traditional treatments in the states to various other country's where laetrile is practiced regularly. The improvement with laetrile was much higher without all the effects of traditional methods.

1) I understand that this is a hard decision, since it goes against all "authority" in the current world. The problem is : our doctors are pushers of the patented drugs of Big Pharma, they don't care really on the health and wellbeing of their patients. They only pretend they care.

2) He says that laetrile is safe but the small amount of toxin in the raw seeds works to help not hurt but must be in moderation. And what is chemo other than a highly toxic poison?

3) It was outlawed because the Pharma companies could not get a patent and then deemed ineffective and quackery. However he has talked personally to many that have gone to MX when told nothing more could be done here and got second chance.

4) He said all he wants is 3 weeks of this treatment if there is not signs of feeling better, scans looking better then he will go the traditional route.

5) He keeps asking us to just watch this Griffen video or just read the book.

I guess after reading this your conclusion will be much the same as ours "IN the end it is his personal decision it is his life! :-( I just wanted to see if I could get any pros or cons from actual people that have gone this route bad or good other than the hard line statements. Then I would be more inclined to be comfortable with what ever he decides to do and support him the best I can.

off my soapbox after this one, i promise
    It would be unfair to say "I would suggest he talk to Steve McQueen but he can't, can he?", so I won't.

Since he has clearly long since reached the age of consent, it is indeed a personal decision and has been from the time he reached that age. Some of us choose to listen to others, of course, before coming to a decision regarding something the consequences which are of enormous magnitude to a lot of people beside ourselves, among those we would discuss it with including our loved ones and those 'authorities' we trust, if we have any of either.

It is just about useless to argue with someone whose mind is made up, especially when they counter any reasonable argument with paranoia about the very 'authorities' that have done the research that refutes what one wants to hear.

Beyond that, there does come a time (and I do not know exactly where your brother is in his treatment) when we are apt to reach for alternatives as a last resort, as I indicated in a prior post.

But there is this to say about your brother's contentions, nonetheless, in the hope that others do not just buy in:

1) Having a beef with authority is one thing; calling doctors pushers is problematic: it stereotypes and it conveniently ignores the fact that the people who provide laetrile are pushers themselves, albeit pushers recognized by 'authority' as pushers specifically of toxic quackery. I am fairly certain that if I did not trust my doctors to provide care based on my best interests rather than those of "Giant Pharma" I could find others that I could trust. If bro doesn't trust his current set of 'authorities', perhaps he should look for another set?

2) Your brother says that laetrile is safe and brings up a couple of other 'facts' that are convenient to his purposes. I have to wonder about his credentials to make such statements, which defy the combined scholarship and research of a host of certifiably qualified individuals and institutions.

3) The Pharma conspiracy deal is weak. If these folks can make good money tempting people like your brother to bootscoot down to Tijuana for the purported cure, why couldn't Pharma make money selling it here as well? Are the FDA and NIH conspiring with Giant Pharma to keep the country, the world, cancerous?

4, 5) It's his choice, as you said. I sincerely hope he has three weeks to play with. Honestly, it has been my experience that some of us do.

Finally, there is this, and then I will get off of my soapbox :):

I was already a survivor of head/neck cancer when my Oncologist told me in June of 2007 that I had lung cancer and that I had as little as 10 months to live. My neighbor found out, came by, and told me that she, too, had lung cancer. Because she had watched her brother die of cancer despite chemotherapy (she attributed his rapid demise TO the chemo), she was refusing to go that route, instead drinking green tea and taking some herbal 'remedies', all of which she offered to me as well.

I opted not to go that route. Ultimately, my death sentence turned out to be a mistaken read of my scan: I had a massive lung infection and just a tad bit of cancer in my lung that was subsequently removed. I am alive. She is dead. That is a fact.

But it is his choice. I wish him well.

Take care,

Joe
  • jkramer51

off my soapbox after this one, i promise
    It would be unfair to say "I would suggest he talk to Steve McQueen but he can't, can he?", so I won't.

Since he has clearly long since reached the age of consent, it is indeed a personal decision and has been from the time he reached that age. Some of us choose to listen to others, of course, before coming to a decision regarding something the consequences which are of enormous magnitude to a lot of people beside ourselves, among those we would discuss it with including our loved ones and those 'authorities' we trust, if we have any of either.

It is just about useless to argue with someone whose mind is made up, especially when they counter any reasonable argument with paranoia about the very 'authorities' that have done the research that refutes what one wants to hear.

Beyond that, there does come a time (and I do not know exactly where your brother is in his treatment) when we are apt to reach for alternatives as a last resort, as I indicated in a prior post.

But there is this to say about your brother's contentions, nonetheless, in the hope that others do not just buy in:

1) Having a beef with authority is one thing; calling doctors pushers is problematic: it stereotypes and it conveniently ignores the fact that the people who provide laetrile are pushers themselves, albeit pushers recognized by 'authority' as pushers specifically of toxic quackery. I am fairly certain that if I did not trust my doctors to provide care based on my best interests rather than those of "Giant Pharma" I could find others that I could trust. If bro doesn't trust his current set of 'authorities', perhaps he should look for another set?

2) Your brother says that laetrile is safe and brings up a couple of other 'facts' that are convenient to his purposes. I have to wonder about his credentials to make such statements, which defy the combined scholarship and research of a host of certifiably qualified individuals and institutions.

3) The Pharma conspiracy deal is weak. If these folks can make good money tempting people like your brother to bootscoot down to Tijuana for the purported cure, why couldn't Pharma make money selling it here as well? Are the FDA and NIH conspiring with Giant Pharma to keep the country, the world, cancerous?

4, 5) It's his choice, as you said. I sincerely hope he has three weeks to play with. Honestly, it has been my experience that some of us do.

Finally, there is this, and then I will get off of my soapbox :):

I was already a survivor of head/neck cancer when my Oncologist told me in June of 2007 that I had lung cancer and that I had as little as 10 months to live. My neighbor found out, came by, and told me that she, too, had lung cancer. Because she had watched her brother die of cancer despite chemotherapy (she attributed his rapid demise TO the chemo), she was refusing to go that route, instead drinking green tea and taking some herbal 'remedies', all of which she offered to me as well.

I opted not to go that route. Ultimately, my death sentence turned out to be a mistaken read of my scan: I had a massive lung infection and just a tad bit of cancer in my lung that was subsequently removed. I am alive. She is dead. That is a fact.

But it is his choice. I wish him well.

Take care,

Joe

Thank you again! Very good
    Thank you again! Very good information and feedback. I wish you well and will just have to pray a lot for my brother...
  • Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    KJB1611

I've been on these boards for years now and one thing that serves as a red flag for me is when someone opens a new account and on that very same day denounces anything integrative or alternative, especially when the original post is many years old.  I've learned the hard way that people get paid to push conventional medicine on these boards and personally rip apart anyone who advocates for options.  It's a sad statement that pharmaceutical companies feel they have to fear monger people into using their products, over and over again.  They must feel threatened by other approaches to cancer.  And what a twisted disservice they do to cancer patients.  I've kept my own data, specific to ovarian cancer, and patients who incorporate integrative therapies tend to have a better quality of life and, it seems, the sooner they get on board with supporting the health of their bodies, the better they do in the long term.  My experience at OOH was very positive and I saw other patients who benefitted from the treatment there.  They don't save everyone who goes there and if the patient isn't willing to make the lifestyle changes they recommend, the success of their treatments is limited.  Good luck with your trolling career, KJB1611.