Scan results tomorrow Update

msccolon
msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
The scan I had back in October showed a single small met to my liver, which I scheduled to have removed via Microwave ablation. He also ablated a met on my left adrenal gland and now it's time for another scan. My CEA continues to rise, so I'm afraid of what the scan is going to show. At least I don't have to wait a long time, I get the results tomorrow afternoon. There were so many places that had small bits of tumor removed during the cytoreductive portion of the surgery I had in May that I'm worried any number of those places may be showing new activity; especially after reading an article that discussed the possibility of recurrences being due to reseeding to original met sites after a period of inactivity. I'm not sure I believe that theory since colon cancer rarely recurs in the colon, which is it's original site of growth, but recurs on distant organs. BUT, those distant recurrences is what has me worried! They may have gotten them the last time around, but are those determined buggers trying to take up residence once again? Your prayers for tomorrow's results would be appreciated! As well as some calm in the mean time! Thanks!

***UPDATE***

The results are in and it's good news! The liver lesion has completely resolved, there is no adrenal gland activity, the activity in the lymph nodes around the kidney have decreased in activity, there is no activity in the lungs, prior activity in retroperitoneum and peritoneal cavity have not changed much, some decreased activity slightly, some increased in activity slightly. No ascites, uptake in fluid in my right lung has decreased. Basically, since I remain asymptomatic, I will be doing nothing but living life and will return to my doc in 6 weeks unless something changes between now and then. My CEA continues to rise, which isn't great news, but at this point I am happy with where we are. Thanks for all of your prayers and good thoughts!
mary

Comments

• abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Scanxiety
    Don't we know it so well! Hopes and prayers that there was nothing in there for the scan to find, and that tomorrow is a day of relief.

(I've got my colonoscopy in 2 weeks, CT scan in 6 weeks, then dr appts...)

I feel for you!
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    you got it kiddo
    Mary, five long years ago you held out your hand to me and you teased me and you said...you are going to make it!....right back at you kiddo

sending prayers, and hugs and wishes and anything else I can send....all the very best for tomorrow...

your friend with love,
    mary margaret
  • maglets
    you got it kiddo
    Mary, five long years ago you held out your hand to me and you teased me and you said...you are going to make it!....right back at you kiddo

sending prayers, and hugs and wishes and anything else I can send....all the very best for tomorrow...

your friend with love,
    mary margaret

sorry don't know why this loaded twice and i don't seem to be able to delete one....I guess it's a sign!!!! sending double love :):):)
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Mary,
    I want to wish you all

Mary,

I want to wish you all the best for great results tomorrow; I am thinking of you!
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    AnneCan said:

Mary,
    I want to wish you all

Mary,

I want to wish you all the best for great results tomorrow; I am thinking of you!

Mary
    I will thinking goods thoughts for you tomorrow.

michelle
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    thank you!
    Now that my work day is over, I'm sure the anxiety is only going to increase! I'll be checking this board for encouragement, as it always helps!
    mary
  • ann2008
    ann2008 Member Posts: 118
    msccolon said:

thank you!
    Now that my work day is over, I'm sure the anxiety is only going to increase! I'll be checking this board for encouragement, as it always helps!
    mary

Mary
    Good thoughts and prayers are with you. Try not to get too anxious, get some rest tonight. Ann
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    ann2008 said:

Mary
    Good thoughts and prayers are with you. Try not to get too anxious, get some rest tonight. Ann

Mary Mary to Contrary..............
    Its not gonna get ya down, I think I know that whatever the outcome you will stay in the drivers seat and do whatever it takes to maintain. Heres to all clear tomorrow and it is what it is...Rest and enjoy some coffee or a great dinner and a book or a movie in bed. Pamper yourself this evening, theres nothing that won't wait til tomorrow......Love Hope and all clear to you.....Buzz
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Mary
    I'm thinking of you and hoping and praying all turns out fine!

Lisa
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Mary - Hope you get a good
    Mary - Hope you get a good result today. Sparks and love to you.
    Roger
  • maryjane
    maryjane Member Posts: 71
    C-Scan Jitters...
    Hi Mary...
    I'm right with you today---doing the same head trips and imagining all kinds of horror stories. I had my 3-month post Surgery C-Scan today and I'm having those old familiar symptoms from the contrast--3 jugs of it and more put in by I-V. I'm hoping that maybe some of that radiation killed off any cells that don't belong. This was a difficult day for me--brought back so many memories of my Rectal Cancer diagnosis and now battling the Diarrhea is really scaring me. I have been doing great so this was definitely a downer--and of course the continuous worry about the results. Somehow I manage to live in Disneyland when I'm not around the world of Cancer. Best of luck to you and let me know how your report turns out. I'll do the same. I know it's really important to THINK HEALTHY but...not so easy today. My thoughts are with you.
    maryjane
  • maglets
    good good
    Mary that is good news....dratty CEA's take a hike

mags
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Go celebrate
    6 weeks to live your life as you wish to. Sounds fantastic. What great news. Marie
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Great News Mary!
    I hope things continue to improve for you.

Be well... Rob; in Vancouver
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Sounds good to me, Mary!
    Sounds good to me, Mary! Celebrate with some modified citrus pectin. PLEASE check out those studies!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    WOW! That is great news
    WOW! That is great news Mary! I am really happy for you + hope you enjoy your 6 week break! Thanks for sharing your excellent news!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    wonderful news!
    Mary,

Your scan report is wonderful news!!!!!! Go enjoy yourself and celebrate the good results!

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    Wow!
    What great news, Mary.
    Joy
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Mary
    Mary,
    Thanks for sharing your news. That's right, go out and live life! Glad to hear things are stable or better.

Aloha,
    Kathleen