GET TESTED

queenmo1
queenmo1 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
women talk your men into getting tested. prostate cancer is a slow growing cancer. By the time my husband was diagnosed he was 51 and his PSA was 6400. No I did not make a mistake with the zero's. By this time it has metastasized to his bones. He lasted 3 years. During this period we had some really good times and of course some really low times. He refused chemo but did have radiation for the bone cancer, which helped tremendously. for the prostate it was good o'l lupron. At the time I was in menopause so we laughed as I welcomed him to my world. Intimacy took on a whole new turn. We were closer than we had ever been which only goes to prove a marriage can survive without sex if it is strong to start with. I chose to stay with him (through sickness and health) and kept him home with me. It wasn't easy as we had to move back to his home country and I didn't know a soul. but we had each other and Our Lord. ""
From different stories I have read, I think it would be good to have a dating site for people who cannot have sex for what ever reason. there are other ways to be close. anyway I could probably write a book about our experience with prostate cancer but will stop here. My prayers go out to all of you who are dealing with this.

Comments

• gkoper
    gkoper Member Posts: 173
    You sound like a special lady

that had a good life with her man. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

George
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    Thank you for sharing your
    Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Larry age 54