Hey~~ The ball is now rolling "Million Cancer Survivors Walk"

13»

Comments

• Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

I LOVE IT
    Great shirt and what a way to represent!!

Brooks

sorry guess I missed something
    I'll go back to my corner........:)
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Buzzard said:

sorry guess I missed something
    I'll go back to my corner........:)

Another Source????
    Hey Buzz.... this is such a great idea. I had an idea for more exposure. How about a letter to the "ELLEN DEGENERES" show??? She sponsers breast cancer awareness and many many other fund raisers. I watch her show every day and have actually sent a few letters in the past about the semi's. However, I did not receive any response. My letters explained about CSN and I was seeking out a way for all of us to meet one another but expense was such a factor because so many are financially drained..... My hope was that she would sponser something for us....BUT... I did not have luck at the time. PERHAPS....this event would draw more interest to her show as it will be a National event. What ya think?? What we got to lose?? ELLEN is also on Facebook. I am heading to FB now to sign up for the walk. Let me know if you want more info and I can get you links to here webpage and FB. This is SOOOO exciting!!!

Jen
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485
    Buzzard said:

Same nice pic as before but no shirt pic...
    sorry, but no shirt pic...but the pic thats up is nice...Thanks for sharing......Buzz

It's a little hard to read
    It's a little hard to read Buzz....but says Cancer couldn't stop me even WHEN it tried. I have a sticker on my car that says. NICE TRY CANCER....but I'm still here~ Forever fighting the enemy. At least for the last 3 years I have been. STUPID C WORD!!!
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485

I LOVE IT
    Great shirt and what a way to represent!!

Brooks

Thanks Brooks.... and THANK
    Thanks Brooks.... and THANK YOU for all you are doing! Surviving is something we need to celebrate every day in some way. And when we can join together and make it a HUGE event.....EVEN BETTER!!!
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member

Another Source????
    Hey Buzz.... this is such a great idea. I had an idea for more exposure. How about a letter to the "ELLEN DEGENERES" show??? She sponsers breast cancer awareness and many many other fund raisers. I watch her show every day and have actually sent a few letters in the past about the semi's. However, I did not receive any response. My letters explained about CSN and I was seeking out a way for all of us to meet one another but expense was such a factor because so many are financially drained..... My hope was that she would sponser something for us....BUT... I did not have luck at the time. PERHAPS....this event would draw more interest to her show as it will be a National event. What ya think?? What we got to lose?? ELLEN is also on Facebook. I am heading to FB now to sign up for the walk. Let me know if you want more info and I can get you links to here webpage and FB. This is SOOOO exciting!!!

Jen

Good Idea
    But what about this, what if we ALL sent a letter, then maybe they would pay attention? Plus I bet if I wrote a standard letter, all my friends would print it, sign it and mail it too. What do you think Jen, should we show Ellen what we are made of??? Just let me know.

Beth
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    SueRelays said:

Thanks Brooks.... and THANK
    Thanks Brooks.... and THANK YOU for all you are doing! Surviving is something we need to celebrate every day in some way. And when we can join together and make it a HUGE event.....EVEN BETTER!!!

Jenn.......
    Keep firing emails and notes to her and maybe she will sometimes soon reply. and yes talk about the walk would also be something else to send to her. I think if this gets big enough "then" they might start to take notice...it usually takes a great event for many people to decide they want to be a part of it...let me know if you need some added help with this....Thanks, Love and Hope, Buzz

ya'll are the shizzle....... :)
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    Buzzard said:

Jenn.......
    Keep firing emails and notes to her and maybe she will sometimes soon reply. and yes talk about the walk would also be something else to send to her. I think if this gets big enough "then" they might start to take notice...it usually takes a great event for many people to decide they want to be a part of it...let me know if you need some added help with this....Thanks, Love and Hope, Buzz

ya'll are the shizzle....... :)

semi's
    I have sent Oprah an E mail about our cause and ask her to help us get the word out...
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    lcarper2 said:

semi's
    I have sent Oprah an E mail about our cause and ask her to help us get the word out...

BETH....
    Great idea about the letters all being signed and sent from friends. It might make the show take notice if they get all these letters coming in on the same subject. I will follow suit and do the same with my friends.... I say...YES!...lets do it.... get some action going.

Icarper2......... Way to go on the Oprah email.... She and Ellen are good friends... I will have to mention in my letter to Ellen that she better get the ball rollin before Oprah gets a jump on her!!!

Jen