annie60

annie60
annie60 Member Posts: 56
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
my lymph nodes are clear, pet scan all ok, no chemo neededIt is andecarcinoma (spelling)

Comments

• DMP
    DMP Member Posts: 50
    Yeah!!!!
    Annie, I just saw this (course you posted on my surgery day). I am so excited, for you and I'll be honest, and for me!!!!! This is the stuff they told me yesterday that I have! We're gonna be fine girl! I feel it! Must be scary to go through each scan, I'm sure I'll be shaking in my socks, but we are gonna be around to harrass people a long time - I feel it!
  • Glenda N.
    Glenda N. Member Posts: 13 Member
    adenocarcinoma
    I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in June of 2007. Mine was a stage 2b,due to the size. It had not spread anywhere(lymph nodes,etc). They removed my entire left lung & I am still cancer free at this time. It has been the scariest thing I have ever been through in my life. I also never had to have any chemo or radiation. Consider myself to be very lucky. Were they able to remove your tumor? Hope you are feeling well now.
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    Glenda N. said:

adenocarcinoma
    I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in June of 2007. Mine was a stage 2b,due to the size. It had not spread anywhere(lymph nodes,etc). They removed my entire left lung & I am still cancer free at this time. It has been the scariest thing I have ever been through in my life. I also never had to have any chemo or radiation. Consider myself to be very lucky. Were they able to remove your tumor? Hope you are feeling well now.

That is wonderful news!
    That is wonderful news! Happy to hear it.
  • annie60
    annie60 Member Posts: 56
    Glenda N. said:

adenocarcinoma

Glenda N
    At the time of surgery the DR. said "I got it all! its gone!" He removed upper left lobe. I have had one chest xray and it's ok, in March I will have scans. Every 3-4 months is the plan. I am still working through the emotions of it all. I am doing my exercises, walking daily and riding stationary bike 5 miles 4x wkly, working fulltime at a job I love, and spending time with people and family I love just as before The cancer dx. I have wonderful husband who supports me and always has. I do not have pain and do not feel short of breath often and I do not tire easily. I know and remind myself of these things 95% of the time still working on the fear that crops up, but recently I have gone a full day when I have not thought of "it" Annie60
  • DMP
    annie60 said:

Glenda N
    At the time of surgery the DR. said "I got it all! its gone!" He removed upper left lobe. I have had one chest xray and it's ok, in March I will have scans. Every 3-4 months is the plan. I am still working through the emotions of it all. I am doing my exercises, walking daily and riding stationary bike 5 miles 4x wkly, working fulltime at a job I love, and spending time with people and family I love just as before The cancer dx. I have wonderful husband who supports me and always has. I do not have pain and do not feel short of breath often and I do not tire easily. I know and remind myself of these things 95% of the time still working on the fear that crops up, but recently I have gone a full day when I have not thought of "it" Annie60

Oh, Annie, I feel such joy
    Oh, Annie, I feel such joy and happiness for you!!!! It was my upper left lobe too. I can certainly understand your fears at each check up, the thought that "it" might creep back, but go for life, girl! You are such an inspiration - the walking, the exercising, the hope you give someone like me. Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS! You have come so far and done so much, nothing can stop you now! Love and peace, Debbie
  • DMP
    Glenda N. said:

adenocarcinoma

Glenda, Glenda, Glenda, you
    Glenda, Glenda, Glenda, you are another inspiration for me! I had my upper left lobe removed 2/9, scariest thing that ever happened (went to sleep for biopsy, woke up with part of lung gone). The emotions, the mental challenge, as Annie says, are almost as hard as getting back my strength and defeating the pain. I feel so much hope hearing your story too. I go for first path. report tomorrow, but initial reports stated they got "it", nothing in surrounding tissue or lymph nodes. I want to be like you!!! LOL! Congratulations and keep spreading the good word!

Peace,
    Debbie