ct results--update!!!

iluvmms
iluvmms Member Posts: 134 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I went for results of Ct scan yesterday, and they found out why I am in such pain. The radiation has inflamed my bile duct. They siad this happens in 1/2 of 1 %. Just my luck. The tumor has shrunk already though significantly in just a month. They want to do the left side but need to wait til the bile duct is not pissed off any more! One of the the 2 spots on right side is gone completly--they could not even see it at all.
Now for the PET results tomorrow! I hope they are good too. My cea is an alltiem low for me. It is less than one!!

Comments

• ittapp
    ittapp Member Posts: 383 Member
    Wow, so that explains the
    Wow, so that explains the pain!! but yea yea yea for the tumors!!!! I am excited now. Patti
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    HOORAY!
    Fantastic news on the CEA and tumors. So sorry the radiation has caused inflammation and pain (and that you've had to join the 1/2% club), but so glad that is the cause and not tumors!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Sorry about your pain, but I
    Sorry about your pain, but I am so glad your spheres have worked so well. Good luck with the
    PET results!
  • GOOFYLADIE
    GOOFYLADIE Member Posts: 232 Member
    Alrighty then!
    I will talk sweet nothings to your bile ducts and hope they calm there selves down. I am so happy for you things are going so well. Hot Damn!Hippy yeah. I am sorry your in pain but so glad the others are shrinking.
    Goofyladie (Cass)
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    This is great news!Thanks
    This is great news!Thanks for the update.
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438

This is great news!Thanks
    This is great news!Thanks for the update.

Get over it
    bile duct!!! Seriously, I am very happy that the procedure resulted in tumor shrinkage. That is great news. Hope the good news continues to the PET results also. Wishing you the best!
    Blessings,
    Joanne
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    WooHoo!!
    Congrats on the GREAT news!

Kimby
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    kimby said:

WooHoo!!
    Congrats on the GREAT news!

Kimby

The pain is coming from your kidneys perhaps ?
    If the bile duct is plugged up won't that not allow your kidneys to function properly getting rid of the toxins within. That in itself is a very serious matter...your kidneys need to function properly...Im glad to hear that they found the problem, but the pain tells me that the kidneys are suffering, and thats not a good thing....Hopefully it will resolve itself shortly....Love and Hope, Buzz

Your markers sound tremendous...Good for you !!!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Good!
    Well, that's good news. Sorry about the bile duct, but hopefully that will be better very soon!

I'll be praying that your pet scan goes well.

*hugs*
    Gail