Check up today

pjba11
pjba11 Member Posts: 188
(Dx 2006 1C UPSC.Went through the standard treatments.) 6 month Oncologist visit today. Scan was NED and CA-125 was 8. Will not have to go back for 6 months and was given the option of not scanning again unless I notice changes that I want to have checked. Will continue the paps every three months and the CA-125 every 3 months. Please let this new freedom of mine give you all the hope that keeps you well. Fight the fight... your all winners. Hugs to all my UPSC sisters.

Comments

• A1pena
    A1pena Member Posts: 92
    Congratulations!
    Hi pjba11,

You story just made me feel a little bit better! My mother was diagnosed yesterday with serous carcinoma (not sure yet if its ovarian or uterine) and I am really scared for her. She is going to get a hysterectomy on 2/1/2010 which will most likely be followed by chemo. What specific kind of uterine cancer did you have? what stage? did you get chemo?

Kind Regards,

Amanda
  • Cecile Louise
    Cecile Louise Member Posts: 133
    Yes, yes, yes!
    Thank you, thank you, pj! Just the news I needed to hear tonight. Feeling kinda lonely and scared...you've given me a reason to feel hopeful and optimistic!! I will carry your good news with me and let it lift me up when I'm feeling down.
    Love & strength to you...and as always,
    Hugs to you all,
    Cecile
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Peggy what wonderful news
    It was so good to hear from you. I am so happy with your good report. May you continue to have NED and the good CA 125 results. Continue to celebrate. How is Garth doing and Jo? I hope Garth is getting as good of results as you are. You and your family remain in my prayers. In peace and caring.
  • deanna14
    deanna14 Member Posts: 732
    Yea Peggy!!!
    That is so awesome! You truly are an inspiration. Love and hugs!!
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    deanna14 said:

Yea Peggy!!!
    That is so awesome! You truly are an inspiration. Love and hugs!!

:D
    Happy Happy Joy Joy!!! I'm so very very HAPPY for you, Peggy! I know you were worried; scans just NEVER aren't scary! BUT you dance on and on and on!! You are my HOPE and inspiration, and my dear dear friend throughout this journey! I can't tell you how THRILLED I am that you continue to be NED, and that you WILL ALWAYS be NED!!

Dance on!

• shortmarge
    shortmarge Member Posts: 291

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!! I'm so very very HAPPY for you, Peggy! I know you were worried; scans just NEVER aren't scary! BUT you dance on and on and on!! You are my HOPE and inspiration, and my dear dear friend throughout this journey! I can't tell you how THRILLED I am that you continue to be NED, and that you WILL ALWAYS be NED!!

Dance on!

Keep On Dancing
    Sooooo happy to hear this. You are amazing!

Hugs, Marge
  • pjba11
    pjba11 Member Posts: 188

Keep On Dancing
    Sooooo happy to hear this. You are amazing!

Hugs, Marge

Thank you....
    Thank you... all of you. You all deserve so much more than the cancer we have fought and are fighting. EVERYDAY I am so thankful to have 'met' all of you UPSC sisters and cancer thrivers. Let's hope that we can make a differce with the new uterine cancer group forming. I have signed up for it. WE ARE SO FEW...YET SO MANY!! The courage is here, the hope is here, the cure is coming!! HUGS Peggy