1st post

Crow71
Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey Folks,
This is my first post this board. My wife found you guys after I was diagnosed with Stage IV rectal cancer in July '09. I've been reading everyone's comments for a few months. The info, love and support that flows on this board has meant a lot to me. I'm not sure why it took me so long to join, but it became obvious to me recently that I really need to jump in and fully join. The deaths of Brant, Michael and Mike49 hit me hard. I never met Brant, but I felt like he was a great friend. He helped me keep my sense of humor. That gift has made all the difference in my ability to fight. I need you guys, and I hope that I can help you the way that Brant - and all of you - have helped me.
Peace,
Roger

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Hi
    Roger,

Welcome to the board. I'm sorry for WHY you have to be here, but I'm glad we've been a help so far. I'm glad to see you become an active member, so we can get to know you.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Hey Roger
    Welcome!
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Welcome
    Hi Roger

This is a wonderful supportive place to be, and it is even better when you join in, so glad you made that choice.

We all wish we could have found each other for a different reason, but are greatful for the age of the internet which allows us to band together in a fight for each and every person's physical and emotional health.

Welcome

Marie
  • krf
    krf Member Posts: 98
    BTW I am his wife!
    Yeah husband o' mine! So glad you signed on.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Welcome Roger :)
    Hey, thanks for the reply on my post, Roger...glad I could help strengthen your shield today!
    Was a real pick me up this morning for me :)

-Craig
  • ittapp
    ittapp Member Posts: 383 Member
    welcome, i am also stage IV,
    welcome, i am also stage IV, Patti
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    ittapp said:

welcome, i am also stage IV,
    welcome, i am also stage IV, Patti

Roger
    Welcome to the family. Glad you decided to contribute. As you already know from your wife's participation and following others posts, there is an incredible source of support here. And it is available 24/7, sort of like an emergency room for the soul! Take care.
    Blessings,
    Joanne
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    WELCOME to our family
    Just wanted to wecome you to our family. I already met your wife and kids there're all BEAUTIFUL and worth fighting for. Remember this board works better if you come often and post.

Life is funny sometimes
    Brooks
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

WELCOME to our family
    Just wanted to wecome you to our family. I already met your wife and kids there're all BEAUTIFUL and worth fighting for. Remember this board works better if you come often and post.

Life is funny sometimes
    Brooks

Hey Roger!!
    I just wanted to welcome you to our wonderful family as well, and glad you posted! It's so nice to meet you, and everyone lurking or reading is encouraged to join on in with us as one of our brothers and sister! Hope we can all be of some help to you, I'm Stage 4 as well, which sucks, but whatcha gonna do? just roll with the punches that life hands you!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    Shayenne said:

Hey Roger!!
    I just wanted to welcome you to our wonderful family as well, and glad you posted! It's so nice to meet you, and everyone lurking or reading is encouraged to join on in with us as one of our brothers and sister! Hope we can all be of some help to you, I'm Stage 4 as well, which sucks, but whatcha gonna do? just roll with the punches that life hands you!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Roger
    Welcome to our family we will help in any way we can
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Welcome Roger, I am glad you
    Welcome Roger, I am glad you are posting. Your wife has been a lovely, warm contributor to this board.
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Welcome
    Roger,

Welcome out of lurkdom! I, too, believe that laughter makes a huge difference in my ability to continue treatment. It also makes me feel better and makes life better. You gotta have fun 'cuz this stuff can get depressing!

Grins and Giggles,

Kimby
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Welcome aboard
    Welcome aboard Roger!!

-Sheri
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    luv3jay said:

Welcome aboard
    Welcome aboard Roger!!

-Sheri

Hey ROGER!!!!
    What up dude? Hope to be talkin to ya lots in the future. Have a great nite!

Jennie
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    HI
    Welcome to the board. Sorry you have to be there. You are one lucky guy to have such a great wife and your kids are tooo cute. Maybe now I can get my hubby to start posting. Tina
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Welcome
    Welcome,if you have any questions just ask,or just to vent we are here.
  • JR
    JR Member Posts: 139 Member
    Welcome
    Welcome aboard. Good to have you here.

John
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Aloha Roger
    Hi Roger,
    Welcome to our community. It's good that you have gotten support from the group. You have a beautiful and very caring wife and darling kids. We are here for you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Thanks for all the welcoming
    Thanks for all the welcoming posts. You guys are awesome!
    Roger
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Crow71 said:

Thanks for all the welcoming
    Thanks for all the welcoming posts. You guys are awesome!
    Roger

I found this site to be a lifesaver
    with the info and support the people here provide it makes the battle you face winnable as you have a tremendous army backing you up!!!!!Steve