My CT Scans....

Shayenne
Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
WoW....Well I am so humbled by all your posts to me wishing me luck and being prayers, you all bring me up when I'm feeling down, and know that I pray for each and everyone of you every day and night!

My appointment with the onc was pretty much the same, except my tumors are still shrinking! Though my liver has too much disease on it to do anything with, she told me it would probably never get to that point of where nothing would work, or it would be too dangerous for me, my CEA levels were alittle spiked, and I have a few teeny tiny nodules that are just doing nothing, they are just there, and have no activity, she said it may not even be cancer, but lungs are clear and I breathe fine, she is keeping me on the Irinotecan until she is confident enough that my disease is stable, she wants a month to see if my CEA goes down.

She said it was perfectly normal for CEA's to go up and down with each visit, and even though I had a small spike there, my tumors are actually shrinking, so I look at it as a good thing, that there was no new growth, it's still getting smaller, there's just too much of it to want to do anything further. Which, she is probably right, but she says she's had many patients who were worse then me live many years, and still are, and not to lose hope, they are still seeking out cures and trials and all.

So, I'm now connected to my little 5fu pump, had some KFC with the kids, and let them know the news, they were just happy that I am still feeling good, and I still have hope, maybe not for a cure for me, but hope that I can still be around for a long time as well, miracles do happen, and your prayers sure helped me! Thank you all my brothers and sisters, I truly love everyone on this board, you help me out of despair as well, I don't know what I would do without all you! But, I feel great, and don't feel like I'm going anywhere too soon ;) Keep the Faith All :)

Hugssss and Loveeee tooo allllllll!!!!
~Donna

Comments

• glinka65
    glinka65 Member Posts: 132
    you
    im giving you a huge hug from florida!!!! by the way when i was on chemo i kept kfc in business...weird keep the faith my dear, me and my familys thoughts and prayers are with you!!!!!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Awesome
    Wonderful! That's the kind of news we want to hear from you!!! I'm glad you got such lovely news.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    glinka65 said:

you
    im giving you a huge hug from florida!!!! by the way when i was on chemo i kept kfc in business...weird keep the faith my dear, me and my familys thoughts and prayers are with you!!!!!

GOOD NEWS DONNA!
    I am seeing you and me at Colonpalooza darlin'........... :)))))) and yes Dear... there is a way. you are in my planning!!!

Cheese :)))))) Jennie
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Donna
    Donna,

I'm so happy about your news! You need to celebrate. Shrinking tumors are a wonderful thing. You have the perfect gift: hope and time. That's all any of us want.

Love, dear friend

Kimby
  • krf
    krf Member Posts: 98
    Great Donna! Glad the scans
    Great Donna! Glad the scans looked so good. I love your outlook. You are truly a shining light.
    Love to you-
    Kim
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hi Donna,
    I am so happy your

Hi Donna,

I am so happy your tumours are still shrinking; that certainly is good news! Folfiri+ Avastin seems to be a very effective combo. Thanks for letting us know the results; I have been thinking of you a lot today, waiting to hear those good results!
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    so good to see your post
    this brings tears to my eyes, I am so happy the tumors are shrinking!
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438

so good to see your post
    this brings tears to my eyes, I am so happy the tumors are shrinking!

Another warm Florida hug coming your way!!!
    I thought of you many times today as I puttered around the house. You were on the hearts of everyone here; evidence of what an impact your presence has made! I am glad that the tumors are shrinking and that nothing else showed up! Keep the faith and that wonderful attitude of yours.
    Warmly,
    Joanne
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Donna
    Donna,
    Shrink baby shrink!!!! Yes, what good news!!! So glad you got to enjoy our KFC with your kiddos.

Take care and thanks for letting us know. :)

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Thoughts of you today as well...
    Great news about the shrinking tumors. Your chemo regimen is obviously working. Keep your happy face going... You were one of the first ones here that I read everything you wrote. Your positive attitude is addicting, girl. You are well loved here. HUGS!!

Holly
  • ittapp
    ittapp Member Posts: 383 Member

Donna
    Donna,
    Shrink baby shrink!!!! Yes, what good news!!! So glad you got to enjoy our KFC with your kiddos.

Take care and thanks for letting us know. :)

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Great news Donna, I was
    Great news Donna, I was checking the board all day to see your posts. I am so happy for you! Stable is good!!! Love ya, Patti
  • Trapbear
    Trapbear Member Posts: 108 Member
    I am so happy for you
    I am so happy for you Donna!!! This is great news. You are a real inspiration to many people on the board. Here's to many many years of continued good health,
    Love you,
    Bill
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    wonderful news!
    Oh Donna,

I'm so glad to hear your good scan results- that the tumors are still shrinking! This is definite reason for celebration!!

Hugs to you,
    Lisa
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    ((((((Donna)))))) Ron.

((((((Donna)))))) Ron.
  • amyb15
    amyb15 Member Posts: 109 Member
    domma,
    that is great news.

domma,
    that is great news. I had been thinking about you. Soo glad to hear this.
    amy-------
  • claud1951
    claud1951 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Donna,
    I don't post often. I

Donna,

I don't post often. I feel like an "ole timer" having been through chemo 3 years ago (and proud to say am still NED) and all of you are up to date with what's new....anyway...I'm reading the posts almost everyday and have been waiting to hear your results.

Your news was wonderful to hear. Keep up the great work. You lift spirits.

Claudia
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    Yippee skippe!
    Donna, so glad to see your post. we were all on pins and needles waiting to hear.
    I so wish i could meet you in person, have a drinky drink, and get some of your magnificent spirit by osmosis!!!!

thank you for always infusing this board of semi colons with love, laughter, support, information and the fighting spirit that spurs us on!

Peggy
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Whew!!!!
    My Chicky :)

You had me scared straight last night...I checked in all day long and when I saw nothing, I thought this gal posts right away, so...?

I turned off the pc only minutes before you posted - and this morning, I was anxious to see whazzup?

I'm so glad that all went well for you - it certainly is a big relief to me and everyone. I was holding my breath and with only "one lung" that's not EZ to do :)

Shrinking is good stuff! Wish my waist-line would shrink as much, LOL :)

~Your Lion
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Donna
    You are amazing. I am praying that 2010 brings you NED. You give everyone here such hope, encouragement and great advice! Cheers,
    Marie
  • Hatshepsut
    Hatshepsut Member Posts: 336 Member
    Good.

Good for you, Donna. What a relief that is!

I hope you are enjoying the good news that your tumors are shrinking and the strong reassurance you got from your oncologist.

I certainly wish you and your family well. I have appreciated your posts of support. It is hard to overstate the importance of this board as a resource for people who have cancer and for their caregivers. Everyone needs to be welcome here and you have been very generous and open in reaching out to others in need.

Hatshepsut