Scope today Good!

PamPam2
PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Had my colonoscopy done today. Good news. No polyps to clip or biopsy this time. 5 years out now, very good news for stage 4! Doc said I could go to every 3 years now, fine with me. Going to take a nap here in a few, it was a long night with the prep and the usual anxiety.
Best to all.
Pam

Comments

• mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Great news!
    Pam,

Good news to hear that all is well for you Pam. What a great post as we head into the New Year!!!

Amy
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Happy New Year!
    GREAT news Pam!
    -p
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    5-Years is Excellent!
    Wow, great news Pam

You must be very happy - 5 years and counting - congratulations!

-Craig
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    That's Great Pam!
    5 years, wow. God Bless!
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member

That's Great Pam!
    5 years, wow. God Bless!

pam
    so glad to hear the good news.you give hope to all of us.im having my first one done in mid jan.since my surgery one year ago.you can to the happy naked dance for new years,,,,Godbless....johnnybegood
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

pam
    so glad to hear the good news.you give hope to all of us.im having my first one done in mid jan.since my surgery one year ago.you can to the happy naked dance for new years,,,,Godbless....johnnybegood

Pretty Great New Years eve eve gift....
    That's great Pam...I am so happy to hear it, and I know you certainly are.....Hope and Love, Buzzard
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wonderful
    That is such good news. You can do the happy naked dance now, but remember to close your blinds before you do :) Enjoy your New Year.

Kim
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    What super news!!
    I'm sure you excited! I know I would be! What an inspiration you are!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Wow- wonderful!!
    Wow, Pam- that is wonderful news!!! I don't recall how advanced your stage IV was before- do you mind sharing that? This gives myself and others great hope that it IS most definitely possible to be stage IV then get this good news of yours!

Cheers and Happy New Year!
    Lisa
  • PamPam2
    PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
    lisa42 said:

Wow- wonderful!!
    Wow, Pam- that is wonderful news!!! I don't recall how advanced your stage IV was before- do you mind sharing that? This gives myself and others great hope that it IS most definitely possible to be stage IV then get this good news of yours!

Cheers and Happy New Year!
    Lisa

Lisa
    Hi Lisa
    The colon tumor had totally blocked intestine, grown through, was large, had spread and engulfed overy, so had total hysterectomy, and several lymph nodes in abdomin were positive. I have two very small, 17mm spots on liver, that are not showing any growth on CT or MRI and not lighting up on PET. I was able to finish 7 out of 12 chemo treatments. So yes, there is a lot of hope, I do think the chemo I was able to do probably did a lot of good in stopping or slowing any progression.
    Best Wished for All
    Pam
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    PamPam2 said:

Lisa
    Hi Lisa
    The colon tumor had totally blocked intestine, grown through, was large, had spread and engulfed overy, so had total hysterectomy, and several lymph nodes in abdomin were positive. I have two very small, 17mm spots on liver, that are not showing any growth on CT or MRI and not lighting up on PET. I was able to finish 7 out of 12 chemo treatments. So yes, there is a lot of hope, I do think the chemo I was able to do probably did a lot of good in stopping or slowing any progression.
    Best Wished for All
    Pam

AWESOME
    Pam,
    That is so great to hear...We all love to hear good news...Have a great New Year and celebrate and enjoy your life...JULIE
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Awesome!!
    Wonderful news Pam! Thanks for sharing. Happiest of New Years!

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Wow
    Pam,

That's absolutely wonderful news!!! And that 5 year number means a lot of hope for people on this board. Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • ann2008
    ann2008 Member Posts: 118
    Pam
    I am so happy for you. WOW 5 yrs. Great.
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    ann2008 said:

Pam
    I am so happy for you. WOW 5 yrs. Great.

Pam
    Thank you for sharing your inspiring news as we head into 2010. Congratulations to you!
    Warmly,
    Joanne
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Congratulations!I love the
    Congratulations!I love the good news.
  • amcp
    amcp Member Posts: 251 Member
    Fantastic News
    So happy for you and for the hope you have given to so many. Happy New Year
    Anna
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    Fabulous News!
    Pam,

That is wonderful that your colonoscopy was "normal". I know you must be so relieved! Have a very Happy New Year!

Hugs from Texas,
    Priscilla
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    pf78248 said:

Fabulous News!
    Pam,

That is wonderful that your colonoscopy was "normal". I know you must be so relieved! Have a very Happy New Year!

Hugs from Texas,
    Priscilla

WoooHooo Pam!!
    I am soooo happy to hear this, and know you go to the same place I am being treated at, I am so pleased to hear you have beat this beast! I hope you have a wonderful Happy New Year!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna