WOOHOOO!

Kathryn_in_MN
Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
WOOOHOOO! WOOOHOOO! I am NED, NED, NED!!!!!

Doing the nekid happy dance! Well, ok, I couldn't do it here or they'd probably kick me out of the chemo infusion room. But I'm doing it in my mind and will do it when I get home!

The liver shows no activity. The lymph nodes that were enlarged and had activity in September are normal size with no activity now. My CEA has dropped to normal range!

So we will never know if I am truly Stage III or IV, but I don't care and don't want to know. As it turns out the nodes are not quite in the surgery area, so they might have had some cancer cells. Most likely the liver was surgery trauma. But whatever caused it, it is gone!

I found out they can't ever draw my INR from my port. Because they put Heparin in through there and it can contaminate the blood in the area to show incorrect readings. I'm ok with that. My INR was up to 3.6 today so my dosage is changed to 1/2 one day, full the next, alternating.

I'm waiting on liver function results today. My oncologist agreed that he doesn't want me on fluconazole permanently. He didn't give me any grief about taking the probiotic. And he is getting me "swish and swallow" instead. Not sure what it is, but he thinks it might be a better alternative for me for fighting the thrush.

I still have 7 more chemo sessions to get through after this one today. This is just "mop up insurance." I think my doctor's smile was as big as mine today. We are both very happy.

And more good news - I get a week break for New Years. Today I'm going to search for tickets that I can get with my credit card miles to head down to the house on Isla Mujeres.

I don't think I've ever been this happy on chemo day! I got my attitude adjustment. Hearing good news and knowing what we are doing is working - no sign of cancer living in my body right now - is the best attutide adjuster you can get!

Comments

• TxKayaker
    TxKayaker Member Posts: 176
    Congratulaions!! Best to
    Congratulaions!! Best to you.
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    About time!!
    It's about time for you to get some good nes Kathryn! NED! YEAH!! Enjoy your chemo holiday!

Rob; in Vancouver
  • damama24
    damama24 Member Posts: 174 Member
    That is fantastic news. I am
    That is fantastic news. I am so happy for you after all you've been through enjoy you trip and live it up. Deb
  • fringetree
    fringetree Member Posts: 65
    damama24 said:

That is fantastic news. I am
    That is fantastic news. I am so happy for you after all you've been through enjoy you trip and live it up. Deb

Yay!
    I'm so happy for you!
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Congratulations!!
    What an excellent Christmas present!

Holly
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Fantastic!
    Fantastic news; I am so happy for you!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    wonderful news!
    Hi Kathryn,

I'm so happy to hear your NED good news!!! You're right- nothing can help perk up a poor attitude than wonderful news like this!!! You'll especially enjoy Christmas now!!

Lisa
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    There
    seems to be a lot of special Christmas Gifts being given :)
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Wow,it is really good for
    Wow,it is really good for you.I know you had been through a lot from the chemo,but you are NED now and the cost was worth of it.Merry Christmas.
  • TLG320
    TLG320 Member Posts: 167
    WONDERFUL!!!!
    I've been thinking about you, Kathryn, and could not be happier about your news! Thank you for sharing!!!
    Tashina
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Thrilled here!
    It's about time this board got LOTS of good news! YIPPEE!!

God bless!
    Diane
  • Muzzy
    Muzzy Member Posts: 175 Member
    Smiles
    You just gave the board a great big smile. go home and do the dance!!!
    Jeff
    Just happy to be here!
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    Awesome!!!!
    I'm so happy for you. You have been thru so much and you just keep on fighting. Good for you. NED!!!!!! what a great report. Have a Merry Merry Christmas.

God Bless you,

Debbie (gramma)
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    That's just GREAT!
    I am happy for you...let's do our NED nekid happy dance together, ok?

Vicki
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    VickiCO said:

That's just GREAT!
    I am happy for you...let's do our NED nekid happy dance together, ok?

Vicki

Lovely News!
    Yeah!
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    What grand news Kathryn!
    ¡que te diviertas muchisimo en México!

Leslie
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Awesome
    That is awesome news. Enjoy your trip - you deserve to get away for a while. Congratulations!

Kim
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    Oh Happy DAY!!
    Way to go!! This is truly good news. Have a great break and come back to finish this up for good!!
    Jan
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Wow
    How great!!! So happy for you. The swish and swallow is most likely Nystatin. I have had it for trush before. It clears it up fast and it doesn't taste bad either. Way to go, Paula
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Paula G. said:

Wow
    How great!!! So happy for you. The swish and swallow is most likely Nystatin. I have had it for trush before. It clears it up fast and it doesn't taste bad either. Way to go, Paula

Great news, go out and really enjoy yourself!!!!!
    Great news any time but for the holidays even greater......Steve