(((((((Mary Ann))))))) A special hug as I feel my recurrance has taken you to a dark place.

lindaprocopio
lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
I hear such discouragement in some of your posts since I recurred. I'm so sorry to have taken you to a darker place, even if it is just temporary and fleeting. I want to tell you that I allowed myself to believe that I had beaten this thing (for the most part anyway) and am so glad that I allowed myself that special joy and rest and contentment throughout my remission. I encourage each and ever one of you to BELIEVE in your remission and try not to be waiting always for the other shoe to drop.

Being 'prepared' for recurrance is over-rated. Stop preparing yourself, sweetheart, for something that most likely will never come. And if it does come,...being mentally prepared is a small trade-off for many month and years that you could be living within the ease and joy of being optimistic and feeling secure in your own health.

I understand that 'knowing' with a greater degree of certainty might cause you to change how you allocate your time (less work/less cleaning etc.). You want to live without regrets, and I understand that. But don't be so quick to assume that you would immediately give up the 'normalcy' of your perfectly wonderful everyday life. ((((((hugs))))))

((((((hugs)))))) to all my UPSC Sisters whose peace of mind was momentarily shaken by my recurrance. You'll see. I'm going to fool them all and live another 20+ years!

Comments

• livenow09
    livenow09 Member Posts: 60
    BLESS YOU
    Bless you, Linda and your great heart; I send positive energy to you every morning in the hope with our combined energy the beast will submit to defeat one more time

Love
    Marie
  • Songflower
    Songflower Member Posts: 608
    Linda's Recurrance
    Thank you for the Christmas gift. You see the true spirit of love is right here, inside you Linda. Thank you for taking my fear away. Thank you for being you.

Love,
    Diane
  • daisy366
    daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member

Linda's Recurrance
    Thank you for the Christmas gift. You see the true spirit of love is right here, inside you Linda. Thank you for taking my fear away. Thank you for being you.

Love,
    Diane

Thanks, Linda
    I don't think your recurrence lead to this thinking, maybe just reinforced it. I am really working at being positive and to put those negative thoughts out of my head - but it is HARDDDDDD. I don't know if any other ladies are experiencing this.

When I told my doc that I bought insurance for my big trip, he acted like I was a pessimist. I like to consider myself a realist.

Anyway, thanks for your wonderful caring thoughts and sweet hugs. I appreciate them so much. And right back atcha, sweet lady.

Looking at the glass 3/4 full!!! Mary Ann
  • culka
    culka Member Posts: 149 Member
    daisy366 said:

Thanks, Linda
    I don't think your recurrence lead to this thinking, maybe just reinforced it. I am really working at being positive and to put those negative thoughts out of my head - but it is HARDDDDDD. I don't know if any other ladies are experiencing this.

When I told my doc that I bought insurance for my big trip, he acted like I was a pessimist. I like to consider myself a realist.

Anyway, thanks for your wonderful caring thoughts and sweet hugs. I appreciate them so much. And right back atcha, sweet lady.

Looking at the glass 3/4 full!!! Mary Ann

I have to confess
    I found this web 2 months ago. I didn`t dig deep back, partially i don`t have time, but mostly because it is not clear where to find certain information. I don`t even know Linda, but her recent issue brought me to such deep depression, that I was ready to give up. I started bake for Christmas. All those cookies and sweets what we are doing only for holiday. Last year it was only few things for special request. Now I am wild like I was BC (before cancer).
    But, it is over now. I am back on track. Cookies are going to my working place (people are lazy to do their own and mine old recipes are excellent). On mine lower lip I have herpes. It was painful for a week, was hoping for regular zit, hmm, no. No more kissing.
    I am sending to all of you virtual hug.
  • daisy366
    daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member
    culka said:

I have to confess
    I found this web 2 months ago. I didn`t dig deep back, partially i don`t have time, but mostly because it is not clear where to find certain information. I don`t even know Linda, but her recent issue brought me to such deep depression, that I was ready to give up. I started bake for Christmas. All those cookies and sweets what we are doing only for holiday. Last year it was only few things for special request. Now I am wild like I was BC (before cancer).
    But, it is over now. I am back on track. Cookies are going to my working place (people are lazy to do their own and mine old recipes are excellent). On mine lower lip I have herpes. It was painful for a week, was hoping for regular zit, hmm, no. No more kissing.
    I am sending to all of you virtual hug.

LOL, Culka
    I'm glad you held the kisses and are just sending us warm hugs from the cold north country:)..... and I am glad to hear that you break down once and awhile and bake some goodies, I bet they are awesome!!

Happy holidays with lots of joy to you and a super healthy 2010 to all. Mary Ann
  • culka
    daisy366 said:

LOL, Culka
    I'm glad you held the kisses and are just sending us warm hugs from the cold north country:)..... and I am glad to hear that you break down once and awhile and bake some goodies, I bet they are awesome!!

Happy holidays with lots of joy to you and a super healthy 2010 to all. Mary Ann

Oh, Mary Ann
    What do you think, that I am super woman?

Funny part is every time when I am down I meet with somebody or read something which bring me back. Somebody up there must like me.

You should see my face. Didn`t have it for years. It was like combination of moving and working 12 hours shifts. And kids were small. When it was over I knew it will come, but now. I don`t get it. My vitarian or raw friend suggest urine patches and fasting, but fasting 2 weeks before Christmas? I can try tomorrow. At least 36 hours. If I stop eating tonight about 6pm and start Tuesday morning or even later that day. Will see, I will let you know.

Jana
  • culka said:

Oh, Mary Ann
    What do you think, that I am super woman?

Funny part is every time when I am down I meet with somebody or read something which bring me back. Somebody up there must like me.

You should see my face. Didn`t have it for years. It was like combination of moving and working 12 hours shifts. And kids were small. When it was over I knew it will come, but now. I don`t get it. My vitarian or raw friend suggest urine patches and fasting, but fasting 2 weeks before Christmas? I can try tomorrow. At least 36 hours. If I stop eating tonight about 6pm and start Tuesday morning or even later that day. Will see, I will let you know.

Jana

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • deanna14
    deanna14 Member Posts: 732
    Inspiring once again!
    Thanks Linda for the pep talk, it really speaks to your wonderful spirit. Here you are facing reoccurance and going back to treatment... and you are worried about us! Love you girl!
    I think you are so right, we have to live for today and not allow this dumb cancer to steal our joy each day.
    Hehe... twenty years from now, we are still going to be chatting here!!
  • culka
    deanna14 said:

Inspiring once again!
    Thanks Linda for the pep talk, it really speaks to your wonderful spirit. Here you are facing reoccurance and going back to treatment... and you are worried about us! Love you girl!
    I think you are so right, we have to live for today and not allow this dumb cancer to steal our joy each day.
    Hehe... twenty years from now, we are still going to be chatting here!!

Hey
    I am aiming for 40+
  • deanna14
    deanna14 Member Posts: 732
    culka said:

Hey
    I am aiming for 40+

:)
    Good point Culka!