plasmonic oncolgy

snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I've been really jazzed up ever since I came across this new technique. If this is available I'll be packing my bags soon. The czech republic is one of my favorite places and this is the perfect reason for me to go back.

Comments

• coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    John:Is this weapon related to nanoparticles(supermicroscopic
    materials)that can be targeted to enter only cancerous cells while leaving noncancerous ones alone, unlike current methods which also destroy noncancerous cells? I keep reading here and there about nanotechnological research/experiments and it shows potential......Steve
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    coloCan said:

John:Is this weapon related to nanoparticles(supermicroscopic
    materials)that can be targeted to enter only cancerous cells while leaving noncancerous ones alone, unlike current methods which also destroy noncancerous cells? I keep reading here and there about nanotechnological research/experiments and it shows potential......Steve

yes
    I hope this is a crude technique that they are using because it works and will perfect later. They are injecting the tumor with nanoparticles and then illuminating it with a laser. The laser is similar to ones used in scanners and pointers. The nanoparticles absorb the light and heat up.
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    snommintj said:

yes
    I hope this is a crude technique that they are using because it works and will perfect later. They are injecting the tumor with nanoparticles and then illuminating it with a laser. The laser is similar to ones used in scanners and pointers. The nanoparticles absorb the light and heat up.

The web site Science Daily, among others,
    periodically posts resesarch results from all over the world pertaining to nanotechnology as well as other useful info on cancer research about to be published in scholarly publications........Steve