Ok All...

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Suggestions
    DONNA, do you have a Paypal account where folk could send donations?

Some utiliies cannot be shut off if there is someone in the house with health issues.

Safelink will provide a free cell phone for low income or those getting food stamps or some other aide. Sign up online and a free phone with about an hour a month is mailed to you within days.

The Community Action Agency will pay a set amount for electric in the summer and heat in the winter, once a season.

The agency that provides food stamps offers a onetime TANF temporary aide in the form of cash for those out of work, etc.

I've been trying to help a educationally challenged local couple and this is what I'd found so far.

Hope you can find some help. We WILL miss you!

Diane
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

Suggestions
    DONNA, do you have a Paypal account where folk could send donations?

Some utiliies cannot be shut off if there is someone in the house with health issues.

Safelink will provide a free cell phone for low income or those getting food stamps or some other aide. Sign up online and a free phone with about an hour a month is mailed to you within days.

The Community Action Agency will pay a set amount for electric in the summer and heat in the winter, once a season.

The agency that provides food stamps offers a onetime TANF temporary aide in the form of cash for those out of work, etc.

I've been trying to help a educationally challenged local couple and this is what I'd found so far.

Hope you can find some help. We WILL miss you!

Diane

Hi Diane!!
    Thanks for that, we've asked for assistance before, but apparently, my hubby makes 29 dollars too much to get food stamps, and since we own a 2005 Kia van, we don't qualify for anything, believe me, we've tried, but here we put money in the system, but when you really need some help as well, it isn't there for you.

I don't go to churches, and I don't like asking people for money. We got into this, we gotta get ourselves out of it. My hubby works as a highway construction worker, paving roads, so there is no work for them in the winter, they get laid off in the winters, and back to work in like March, living on unemployment, which still doesn't make ends meet, but it's higher than minimum wage, and too much too get financial assistance, even though it really isn't that much, it's crap. With his pay, we aren't considered low income.

Thanks and I'll miss you as well girl!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • mcsauder
    mcsauder Member Posts: 68
    Shayenne said:

Hi Diane!!
    Thanks for that, we've asked for assistance before, but apparently, my hubby makes 29 dollars too much to get food stamps, and since we own a 2005 Kia van, we don't qualify for anything, believe me, we've tried, but here we put money in the system, but when you really need some help as well, it isn't there for you.

I don't go to churches, and I don't like asking people for money. We got into this, we gotta get ourselves out of it. My hubby works as a highway construction worker, paving roads, so there is no work for them in the winter, they get laid off in the winters, and back to work in like March, living on unemployment, which still doesn't make ends meet, but it's higher than minimum wage, and too much too get financial assistance, even though it really isn't that much, it's crap. With his pay, we aren't considered low income.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

WHAT WILL IT TAKE
    Donna
    You know that I love ya but maybe you should let us talk to HUBBY WES
    Don't get mad at me there is some of us that is doing ok on this earth
    I will not give my information on the post but it would not kill our out of pockets money
    DONNA PLEASE LET US TALK WES TO LETTING US HELP THINKS OF US AS YOUR FAMILY AS WELL
    WHAT WILL IT TAKE THINK OF IT AS FAMILY HELPING FAMILY

start a prepay visa and let us send to that
  • Shayenne
    mcsauder said:

WHAT WILL IT TAKE
    Donna
    You know that I love ya but maybe you should let us talk to HUBBY WES
    Don't get mad at me there is some of us that is doing ok on this earth
    I will not give my information on the post but it would not kill our out of pockets money
    DONNA PLEASE LET US TALK WES TO LETTING US HELP THINKS OF US AS YOUR FAMILY AS WELL
    WHAT WILL IT TAKE THINK OF IT AS FAMILY HELPING FAMILY

start a prepay visa and let us send to that

MIke Darling!
    I wouldn't get mad, Wes is just not feeling great now, Diane I don't have Paypal, never liked attaching to my bank account idea, it was scary to me.

Mike, If it will make you feel better as well, I won't take the money, because I won't be able to pay it all back at once, I'd have to pay alittle at a time, and I would want to pay it off, not just take it as a handout, I know some folks are doing good on this earth, we were, till last year, doing ok, up to a couple months ago, things do pile up fast, but you have my address still, don't you? Thanks for everything Mike, you been a joy on here to me, and I really love you and appreciate you! we are a family, and I love you all.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • ittapp
    ittapp Member Posts: 383 Member
    Shayenne said:

Hi Diane!!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Hey Donna, I know how you
    Hey Donna, I know how you feel, you and I are in alot of simular boats both healthwise and financially, even the hubby's feeling depressed over change in income. I have had to put my pride aside and let my Church family provide meals. My kids know it will be a very light Christmas and are ok with it like your kids. My point is let people help you, they are offering and it comes from the heart. If this could make your holiday memories special LET THEM DO IT! You are so loved by this board and offer so much to all of us! I love you and Happy Holidays to you and your family. Oh and by the way Sir Spheres is referred out by your Oncologist, it's not a second opinion so to speak, ask your Dr. about referring you to an Interventional Radiologist to see what he can do. I still have alot to do to get to this point in January. Love You, Patti (sorry the last paragraph is from another post that you posted about it being a second opinion)
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Shayenne said:

MIke Darling!
    I wouldn't get mad, Wes is just not feeling great now, Diane I don't have Paypal, never liked attaching to my bank account idea, it was scary to me.

Mike, If it will make you feel better as well, I won't take the money, because I won't be able to pay it all back at once, I'd have to pay alittle at a time, and I would want to pay it off, not just take it as a handout, I know some folks are doing good on this earth, we were, till last year, doing ok, up to a couple months ago, things do pile up fast, but you have my address still, don't you? Thanks for everything Mike, you been a joy on here to me, and I really love you and appreciate you! we are a family, and I love you all.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Dear Donna
    People are not offering you a handout. They are giving you a gift. Please do not consider it a handout, it is not. Living in Michigan I know how hard the midwest has been hit. Our unemployment is now at about 20% and Ohio is right beind us. Please throw your pride out the window and accept the gifts with the love that is behind them. One day in the future when things are brighter, you can help someone else, be a part of the circle. Tina
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    Shayenne said:

WoW!
    You all are such a generous family, but there is no way in heck I can have people pay my bills, I would feel so guilty, my hubby went on early unemployment to help take care of me, he has been with me to every appointment, through thick and thin...and now we're feeling it, I already told my kids Christmas will be light this year, they understand, they're just happy having me here still :) and I'm so happy to be a part of this beautiful family, I think hubby will ask his mom for money, but doesn't want too...he is depressed, and has been just laying around all day and night, I know he feels like he's the breadwinner, and is helpless now.

You all just brought me to tears, I just didn't want you worrying about me being in a hospital, I shouldn't have the phone turned off long, his mom hates not being in touch with us, it's just our cable, phone and internet is the same bill, and we're a couple months behind, his unemployment wont kick in for another few weeks due to a stupid waiting period they have to go through, so this month, until our taxes come back, will be a killer.

Don't be sad or worry about me, I know you all are fighting this too, and have your own dealings on as well, I couldn't accept money and stuff though, I'd feel really bad, but really, we're ok, we've gotten through this before, just not while I had cancer, and I feel bad that hubby stopped working early because of me as it is. I will be trying to still get on here at the library, as long as they don't repossess my van! LOL!

Hugsss and I really love you all, now I'm going to go cry more!

~Donna

Be Blessed- update
    Dearest Donna,

I truly understand how you feel, yet you need to learn to receive. You are a very giving person and now it's time to let someone be blessed by giving to you. It all works out, they bless you and we are all blessed by you being able to stay on the forum. If you don't tell us the amount of your need then I'm sure people will just send something. It would be so much easier if you just let us know. It is very important for all of us to have this forum to stay in touch with each other. I really do understand but encourage you to let someone be blessed by helping you.

My husband and I are going thru similar trials. We have lost our house(long story), sold our furniture, turned in my car but still feel blessed to be here. It has been difficult to have to let people help, we were used to being the givers. Don't steal someones blessing by not letting them help you. I am so happy to be alive and have such a wonderful family. All the things that really matter (family, friends,faith etc.)are still here. I'm blessed to be here.

Please don't deny us the blessing of having you on this forum. Learn to receive. Hugs

God Bless You,

Debbie (gramma)

Update--Who said anything about repaying anything. Remember the saying, Its better to give than receive. Please don't deny anyone the blessing
  • mcsauder
    Shayenne said:

MIke Darling!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

I will send
    Donna
    I will send to home and don't you sweat over any pay back I'm glad to help

Hugs mike
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464

Be Blessed- update
    Dearest Donna,

I truly understand how you feel, yet you need to learn to receive. You are a very giving person and now it's time to let someone be blessed by giving to you. It all works out, they bless you and we are all blessed by you being able to stay on the forum. If you don't tell us the amount of your need then I'm sure people will just send something. It would be so much easier if you just let us know. It is very important for all of us to have this forum to stay in touch with each other. I really do understand but encourage you to let someone be blessed by helping you.

My husband and I are going thru similar trials. We have lost our house(long story), sold our furniture, turned in my car but still feel blessed to be here. It has been difficult to have to let people help, we were used to being the givers. Don't steal someones blessing by not letting them help you. I am so happy to be alive and have such a wonderful family. All the things that really matter (family, friends,faith etc.)are still here. I'm blessed to be here.

Please don't deny us the blessing of having you on this forum. Learn to receive. Hugs

God Bless You,

Debbie (gramma)

Update--Who said anything about repaying anything. Remember the saying, Its better to give than receive. Please don't deny anyone the blessing

Update
    Update
  • donnare
    donnare Member Posts: 266
    Hi Donna
    Sorry to hear you have to deal with financial issues too, especially around the holidays. Let everyone help Donna - we're all just returning the favor. You give so much to others with your kindness, compassion, and courageous example.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and the New Year brings a miracle of healing for you. You are always in my prayers!

(((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))),
    Donna
  • Shayenne
    donnare said:

Hi Donna
    Sorry to hear you have to deal with financial issues too, especially around the holidays. Let everyone help Donna - we're all just returning the favor. You give so much to others with your kindness, compassion, and courageous example.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and the New Year brings a miracle of healing for you. You are always in my prayers!

(((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))),
    Donna

It's A Hard Position...
    ....I love helping people! usually we're the ones donating to Toys For Tots and The Salvation Army, and The Veterans, now we're in this really hard position where it happens around the holidays, and that has never happened to us before. I am usually shopping for the kids right now, and now I can't even pay a few stupid bills. They are a couple months behind, too much to ask for, too much to even want to take from anyone, you all are really generous, I just don't know what to do anymore. I know I don't want anyone's money though. I'm glad we were able to pay the electric before that cut off. Unemployment sucks, and you're right Patti, the economy sucks, there are no jobs around here, my daughter can't even find a job, a bunch of her friends can't, who are in college, and some who even have graduated and have degrees now, can't find a job either.

Thanks for the post of the Interventional Radiologist, I may ask my onc about it, I go for chemo next week and we'll see what she says about the spheres. Sounds like it hurts LOL

I will be talking soon! wow....they haven't cut me off yet!!

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    sorry
    Hi Donna,

I'm sorry to hear of your financial difficulties- truly. Thanks for letting us know about the phone and internet being shut off though, because we probably would worry! It is definitely so frustrating and lousy that even when people truly are in need, that they're denied help because they happen to own a house and/or vehicle. People on this site are so wonderful to offer financial help. I will definitely be keeping you and your family in prayer. Definitely check in as often as you're able through the library or friend's internet access.
    Do take care and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" & take comfort in that those at the very first Christmas didn't have much of anything either but God saw them through it all.

Hugs to you,
    Lisa
  • jen58
    jen58 Member Posts: 34
    Shayenne said:

It's A Hard Position...
    ....I love helping people! usually we're the ones donating to Toys For Tots and The Salvation Army, and The Veterans, now we're in this really hard position where it happens around the holidays, and that has never happened to us before. I am usually shopping for the kids right now, and now I can't even pay a few stupid bills. They are a couple months behind, too much to ask for, too much to even want to take from anyone, you all are really generous, I just don't know what to do anymore. I know I don't want anyone's money though. I'm glad we were able to pay the electric before that cut off. Unemployment sucks, and you're right Patti, the economy sucks, there are no jobs around here, my daughter can't even find a job, a bunch of her friends can't, who are in college, and some who even have graduated and have degrees now, can't find a job either.

Thanks for the post of the Interventional Radiologist, I may ask my onc about it, I go for chemo next week and we'll see what she says about the spheres. Sounds like it hurts LOL

Hugssss!
    ~Donna

have to agree with everyone else
    Donna--

pls let people help you -- by coming here to let people know you will be offline and worried that people would worry unless you said something, just shows how much you all need each other -- i am a caregiver, but going thru similar financial problems, but have been able to stay afloat with my job and hubby's unemployment

i can honestly say that while i've had no interaction with you before, your presence would be sorely missed -- your photo brings a smile to my face with every post and I too would worry about you

i hope you change your mind and let the people that NEED you around the most, help you!

hugs

jen :)
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Shayenne said:

It's A Hard Position...

Hugssss!
    ~Donna

Getting Tough here
    Donna,

I am going to be straight with you. Let everyone who can do so help you. We have all been in the position of needing some sort of help from friends and family - and make no mistake, we are your family! So suck it up and take what is offered. It's just another hump to get over.

We love you and we take care of our own. And remember - I have your address! LOL!

Vicki
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Shayenne said:

It's A Hard Position...

Hugssss!
    ~Donna

Everyone
    I work for the cystic fibrosis foundation, My son has cf and if I have learned anything from working here is that all it takes is one person who wants to help another and the world is a much better place. Life should be about giving, whether it be through words or even monetarilly. Somehow a bunch of strangers have ended up here in the same boat, and if we don't throw each other a life preserver once in awhile, what kind of survivors would we be? Life if full of choices and the way that I see it is that if I can help make someone's day better, then I want to do it. It is my choice and i feel better knowing I can make a small difference. I am fortunate to have a job right now and terrific benefits so my medical bills are non existant.
    May all your holidays be bright and filled with love!
    Kathy
  • pokismom
    pokismom Member Posts: 153
    Help
    Hi Donna,
    Please le me know too if there is anything I can do for you, you are as everyone has said a very special person! Part of giving is learning how to accept help also! Let me know!
    Thinking of you......
    Donna
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    pokismom said:

Help
    Hi Donna,
    Please le me know too if there is anything I can do for you, you are as everyone has said a very special person! Part of giving is learning how to accept help also! Let me know!
    Thinking of you......
    Donna

CS
    I'm wondering if you have taken advantage of the program the cancer society has that will reimburse you up to $250 for gas to go to and from chemo or to hospitals. It does not have to be one pop, but can be accumulated over time. Please check into it if you haven't already. There isn't an income level that you have to be under.
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Shayenne said:

It's A Hard Position...

Hugssss!
    ~Donna

The gift of Christmas
    Is learning to accept help from others too! I think you have been a tremendous inspiration to everyone here and I seriously think you should be a Colon Club Calendar Girl!
    Now, we all want to help. Can you set-up a Pay Pal account so we can send donations? Sometimes, lots of small donations add up to a big fat check, so you won't feel bad if 100 people gave you $10 bucks! I would love to donate and for you to buy a little extra present for yourself and your kids! Maybe a warm space heater!
    Marie
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Nana b said:

CS
    I'm wondering if you have taken advantage of the program the cancer society has that will reimburse you up to $250 for gas to go to and from chemo or to hospitals. It does not have to be one pop, but can be accumulated over time. Please check into it if you haven't already. There isn't an income level that you have to be under.

Nana
    Hi Nana,

This would be great information to share with everyone. Could you post another thread about this so that everyone who may be in need (now or in the future) will be aware of this? Not everyone will read this specific thread and see it here.

Take care-
    Lisa
  • mcsauder
    lisa42 said:

Nana
    Hi Nana,

This would be great information to share with everyone. Could you post another thread about this so that everyone who may be in need (now or in the future) will be aware of this? Not everyone will read this specific thread and see it here.

Take care-
    Lisa