Squamous cell carcinoma newly diagnosed

FBC4
FBC4 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Skin Cancer #1
Just got the call today about the little bump on my head that was not the normal flakey skin condition. I noticed it about a month ago, and after the biopsy got the call today. I was told not to worry and in January ( the next available date) he would cut it out and I would be "good to go" I'm not sure if that I feel comfortable with the doctors nonchalant respone. Frankly a little scared here

Comments

• RevLee
    RevLee Member Posts: 50
    basal cell
    Hi,

I had a small lesion appear on my cheek and I was in the dermatologist office at Fox Chase Cancer Center one week after seeing my family doctor. He did a biopsy and then I got a call one week later that it was basal cell carcinoma. He set me up for MOHS surgery with his associate and that took place one week later. Mine was a little more extensive than I expected because the lesion was the tip of the iceberg so to speak. But I will be okay and I am cancer free and did not need treatments. Since my husband is in ICU at Fox Chase for just having surgery for his esophageal cancer, I feel very lucky. BUT, yes, I was scared because I had no idea of what to expect. But my surgeon was good, explained everything that was happening while he was removing the cancer, and it was pain free. Even after the numbness wore off it was not that bad.
    Good luck!!

Lee