Location, location, location

1235»

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    Hi Diane
    I'm from Chico, Ca- we are in N. Calif- about 8o miles north of Sacramento! We are a small town with a state university, so we get to enjoy lots of different cultures!
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    Florida Sunshine
    Thanks for asking Diane. I am a Florida native. Born in West Palm Beach, raised in Tampa. My son is a 5th generation Floridian. Home to Busch Gardens, Ybor City, Gasparilla Invasion and the BEST cuban sandwiches. Gulf of Mexico and west coast beaches 45 minutes away. Loved reading about everyone else. Thanks for asking the ??

Joanne

Thoughts become things - Choose the good ones!!!
  • ninbug06
    ninbug06 Member Posts: 7
    JDuke said:

Florida Sunshine
    Thanks for asking Diane. I am a Florida native. Born in West Palm Beach, raised in Tampa. My son is a 5th generation Floridian. Home to Busch Gardens, Ybor City, Gasparilla Invasion and the BEST cuban sandwiches. Gulf of Mexico and west coast beaches 45 minutes away. Loved reading about everyone else. Thanks for asking the ??

Joanne

Thoughts become things - Choose the good ones!!!

Apparently only Wisconsinite
    I've been raised in WI since 3 years old, and glad to see so many different people involved with this network. Although, I envy those in a warmer climate as it's 19 degrees here right now, and I have my fireplace burning.
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    idarochny said:

I live in Rochester, New
    I live in Rochester, New York. A great place to raise a family. Also home to Kodak, Xerox, Bausch and Lomb and Wegmans.

Hi idarochny
    Hi idarochny,
    My Dad's from Rochester. He still goes back to his High School reunions there.. I think his last one was 55 years.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • grandma2selena
    grandma2selena Member Posts: 199
    location,location,loacation
    I am in a small community in Western Washington. We are 40 miles due West of Olympia, the capitol of Washington, and 40 Miles due East of the Pacific Ocean. Our area is at the base of a Rain Forest, but we actually get more rain then the Rain Forest does. We have beautiful green trees and grasses all year around since the temperatures are usually mild. The history of our town and the surrounding towns in Grays Harbor was based on logging and fishing, which has died out.

I live in Montesano, WA
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    ninbug06 said:

Apparently only Wisconsinite
    I've been raised in WI since 3 years old, and glad to see so many different people involved with this network. Although, I envy those in a warmer climate as it's 19 degrees here right now, and I have my fireplace burning.

Cold here too!
    I spent 6 weeks in Iola, WI a few years ago and almost bought a house to move there. My DH's job asked him to stay in CO, so I came back.

And it's been below zero the past couple of mornings here in CO. Today it's 17, so I feel like we are in a heat wave! But tonight it's supposed to drop again for the next seven days, high's of about 20 during the heat of the day! Did I mention that I hate winter?

Vicki
  • ann2008
    ann2008 Member Posts: 118

Bumped for our new members
    Enjoy and join in!

Thanks
    Thanks Diane for continuing to involve the newbys. It is good to have all this info in one thread.
    I am from Cumberland Gap, TN. where Daniel Boone forged his way West through the Cumberland Mtns. Also where Confederate and Union soldiers met. There is a reinactment each summer. I am only minutes away from where corners of TN, KY, and VA all meet. So you can stand in all 3 states at once. We live in a beautiful area of the country with mountains all around and this morning have 1-2 inches of snow on the ground and a warm fire in the stove. It is our first snow of the year.
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    PamPam2 said:

Zanesville Ohio. I live
    Zanesville Ohio. I live outside of town on the old national trail. Zane Grey was from Zanesville, hence the name. Famous for the Y bridge that is downtown also. Our area is mostly rural, the towns small, very little industry or work available for that matter. The state capital is about an hour away.
    Pam

Dillon Falls
    When I was a child, my family lived for a time in Dillon Falls, and my father worked in Zanesville as a radio newsman. Probably around 1946. We used an outhouse and had an icebox. Seems like another world. It was beautiful in the winter.

--Greg
  • idarochny
    idarochny Member Posts: 13

Hi idarochny
    Hi idarochny,
    My Dad's from Rochester. He still goes back to his High School reunions there.. I think his last one was 55 years.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen

Kathleen
    What high school did your dad go to? My mom went to Monroe.
    Ida
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    I was born in Salt Lake City, Utah Lived in Anaheim CA for about a year. I am now in West Jordan Utah with my husband JR. It is interesting to me how this has brought us all together. You have helped me so much with all my questions. I have needed your support. So thanks to all of you or as some of you would say thanks to ya all....Paula
  • location,location,loacation
    I am in a small community in Western Washington. We are 40 miles due West of Olympia, the capitol of Washington, and 40 Miles due East of the Pacific Ocean. Our area is at the base of a Rain Forest, but we actually get more rain then the Rain Forest does. We have beautiful green trees and grasses all year around since the temperatures are usually mild. The history of our town and the surrounding towns in Grays Harbor was based on logging and fishing, which has died out.

I live in Montesano, WA

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • ganders2
    ganders2 Member Posts: 13
    Maine
    I am from a tiny town just north of Portland, Maine - and it is snowing hard here tonight!
  • TLG320
    TLG320 Member Posts: 167
    PGLGreg said:

Dillon Falls
    When I was a child, my family lived for a time in Dillon Falls, and my father worked in Zanesville as a radio newsman. Probably around 1946. We used an outhouse and had an icebox. Seems like another world. It was beautiful in the winter.

--Greg

small world...
    My parents lived in Dillon Hills just above the state park before I was born - just about 5 minutes down the road from your old home. It really is a beautiful area. It's still very rural. When was the last time you were there, Greg? My parents are still in Newark and I drive through Zanesville and Dillon every time I go home :-)

Tashina
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    TLG320 said:

small world...
    My parents lived in Dillon Hills just above the state park before I was born - just about 5 minutes down the road from your old home. It really is a beautiful area. It's still very rural. When was the last time you were there, Greg? My parents are still in Newark and I drive through Zanesville and Dillon every time I go home :-)

Tashina

last time in Dillon Falls
    I never went back, so 1946 was the last.

--Greg