blood during bowel movement-need info concerning this please

farmgal
farmgal Member Posts: 22
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My husband had resection done last April (09). Found out in October he has leak again where he was resectioned. Doctors have told us that it is a wait and see game now to see if it will healed or not. We are to continue monitoring for fever....My question: he sees fresh blood about once a week when he has bowel movement-he refuses when I try to call doctor. I need to know if this happens to anyone else. Thanks to everyone on board-so much useful info is given.

Comments

• Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Call the doctor
    Fresh blood in stool is NOT normal and especially for someone that had a resection, he needs to take this seriously and call his doctor.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

Call the doctor
    Fresh blood in stool is NOT normal and especially for someone that had a resection, he needs to take this seriously and call his doctor.

Don't take a chance
    Could be a hemmroid (sp?) or something more serious. i would call the doctor for him.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Surgeon
    I believe he should contact his surgeon or another doctor. It could be nothing serious but it wouldn't hurt to have him checked out. I'm wondering why if he had his resection just in April he hasn't been in more contact with him (the surgeon). I had mine in March and my surgeon has kept an eye on me since, just to make sure that all was healing correctly. Hope your husband decides to go in and see what is going on.

Kim