What's up with low energy

cmt54
cmt54 Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Man, I could hardly stay awake in church today. I did not take my meds before bed for pain because they seem to keep me awake, but I was awake all night on & off anyway. I just wake up and start thinking about surgery last week. I am starting to remember new things and bits of conversations and I can't fall back asleep, I feel like I will miss some thing. Normal? I have NEVER had surgery in my life (I'm 55) so it's new and than all the cancer stuff. Kinda freaky. Can't wait to get back in my own bed with my husband. Dr. still say's no steps.
Hope everyone has a great week. I get to see the doc on weds so we can start our plan.
Again, I am so very happy to have ya'll in my life!
Claudia

Comments

• pamysue
    pamysue Member Posts: 105
    What you explain
    sounds pretty normal to me, but not to people who have not been through it. It's so much to absorb in such a small amount of time. Of course you are having trouble sleeping and then falling asleep from exhaustion the moment you relax. Things will get better. Eventually. Try to rest when you can and take as good of care of yourself as possible.
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Normal
    It's normal to be tired,and have trouble sleeping.After I finished with surgery,and started healing,the pain pills kept me awake,and cold,after I got off them I could sleep better,but then I had fautige,but eventually everything got better,and you will too.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    karguy said:

Normal
    It's normal to be tired,and have trouble sleeping.After I finished with surgery,and started healing,the pain pills kept me awake,and cold,after I got off them I could sleep better,but then I had fautige,but eventually everything got better,and you will too.

Yes!
    I've had many surgeries this year, and it is normal from all the meds, and even being somewhere you're not used too that you lose sleep, I can't sleep in a hospital at all, or anywhere else but my own bed usually. I know after surgery, your body just needs the healing time, and alot of rest and fluids, so just let it take it's time to heal, it's alot to go through, and you will get through it :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Kept myself awake!
    Claudia, I actually would keep myself awake, not wanting to waste a precious moment of life.

Diane
    tavegia@bellsouth.net
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Sleep
    You have gone to so much and had to absorb so much in a very short period of time and your mind is probably racing in many directions. This is very normal. It gets better with time. Take care - Tina
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    It's normal
    I remember having a lot of trouble sleeping after my surgery. My husband said that one time I actually fell asleep on the couch and cried out, "Help me!" I know I was busy processing the whole mess. It DOES get better, although I do still have some nights where I'll be hit with the thought, "CANCER!"

*hugs*
    Gail
  • cmt54
    cmt54 Member Posts: 10
    tootsie1 said:

It's normal
    I remember having a lot of trouble sleeping after my surgery. My husband said that one time I actually fell asleep on the couch and cried out, "Help me!" I know I was busy processing the whole mess. It DOES get better, although I do still have some nights where I'll be hit with the thought, "CANCER!"

*hugs*
    Gail

Sleep
    Last night I fell asleep on the couch and it was the best rest I have had.
    I feel great again.
    Love you guy's
    Claudia