i need help please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

pop28
pop28 Member Posts: 21
edited March 2014 in Brain Cancer #1
my llttle girls 6 years old with brainstem glioma we start radiation the doctoers said we cant doing any treatment after that , i want know what that meannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is that mean death help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comments

• PBJ Austin
    PBJ Austin Member Posts: 347 Member
    I'm sorry pop
    I can see you are in terrible pain and I wish I could offer some answers to your questions. You are very welcome on this board and I hope someone here can answer your questions. Have you looked into support groups in your area?

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance but I want you to know that you and your family will be in my prayers.
  • RLR
    RLR Member Posts: 36
    treatments
    Please don't give up hope on your 6 year old! First of all look to the Lord for help God will not let us down in time of need.
    Iam 55 and I too have Glioblastome Multiforme 4. I was diagnose on 12/15/08. I was told the tumor was inoperable. I was sent to the U of Michigan for a second opinion. They too said it was inoperable because of the location and risk of removing. On 1/11/09 I became very ill and had to go to the hospital, by a blessing from God I meet a new surgeon in Toledo, Dr Healy, he said I will do the surgery today if I can get you in. He got the surgery scheduled for 1/13/09.The surgery removed all that he could see I had 6 weeks of radation and have been on Temadar chemo ever since.Also at the time of surgery I had 6 glio wafers palced on the tumor. I have had some good days and some bad days but for the most part have been doing fine.I have been able to do most everything I did before surgery.
    I have been so blessed by prayers from all of my family and friends and pastors from my church in Napoleon Ohio. I know this has been a big part of my getting through all of this, so please don't give up hope. May God bless you and your daughter through all of this! I know it can be very scary but don't give up hope.
  • pop28
    RLR said:

treatments
    Please don't give up hope on your 6 year old! First of all look to the Lord for help God will not let us down in time of need.
    Iam 55 and I too have Glioblastome Multiforme 4. I was diagnose on 12/15/08. I was told the tumor was inoperable. I was sent to the U of Michigan for a second opinion. They too said it was inoperable because of the location and risk of removing. On 1/11/09 I became very ill and had to go to the hospital, by a blessing from God I meet a new surgeon in Toledo, Dr Healy, he said I will do the surgery today if I can get you in. He got the surgery scheduled for 1/13/09.The surgery removed all that he could see I had 6 weeks of radation and have been on Temadar chemo ever since.Also at the time of surgery I had 6 glio wafers palced on the tumor. I have had some good days and some bad days but for the most part have been doing fine.I have been able to do most everything I did before surgery.
    I have been so blessed by prayers from all of my family and friends and pastors from my church in Napoleon Ohio. I know this has been a big part of my getting through all of this, so please don't give up hope. May God bless you and your daughter through all of this! I know it can be very scary but don't give up hope.

thanks
    YOU ARE VERY GOOD ONE AND GOD WILL MAKE YOU SO SOGOOD
  • Adar
    Adar Member Posts: 2
    Hello
    Ok--Please let me know what type of the tumor is?
  • Adar
    Adar Member Posts: 2
    Hello
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Treatment
    Perhaps he is talking about radiation.....once radiation is complete, it cannot be given again in the same place.....that doesn't mean there aren't other treatment options...don't give up! Please ask the physicians what their plans are for treatment once she finishes radiation. Also there is a drug called Avistan, ask about that, too.

Also there is a Dr. Friedman at Duke University in North Carolina who SPECILIAZES in glio's. He is the foremost physician in this speciality.......
    Peace be with you
  • pop28
    Adar said:

Hello

THE TUMOER is
    ITS alow grade astrocystic of the brain stem
  • DebbieI
    DebbieI Member Posts: 5
    MAJW said:

Treatment
    Perhaps he is talking about radiation.....once radiation is complete, it cannot be given again in the same place.....that doesn't mean there aren't other treatment options...don't give up! Please ask the physicians what their plans are for treatment once she finishes radiation. Also there is a drug called Avistan, ask about that, too.

Also there is a Dr. Friedman at Duke University in North Carolina who SPECILIAZES in glio's. He is the foremost physician in this speciality.......
    Peace be with you

Hang in there
    The raod is long but there is hope. Another Doc to check out is Dr. Blakely at John Hopkins.
  • chicken2799
    chicken2799 Member Posts: 105
    pop28 said:

THE TUMOER is
    ITS alow grade astrocystic of the brain stem

Pop
    I was diagnosed with Anaplastic Astrocytoma Stage 3! They found the tumor on October 20th, 2009, and done my surgery October 29th, 2009!

I wish I knew more about all of these things to help encourage you, but I am new to this. I start my treatments of Radiation and Chemo on I believe November 30th. I know I can tell you that this led me to rededicate my life to The Lord, and through Christ all things are possible. We have to keep our faith, I know that! I will be praying for the Lord to give you the strength to help your baby fight this, and I will keep you in my prayers always!

Michelle
  • pop28

Pop
    I was diagnosed with Anaplastic Astrocytoma Stage 3! They found the tumor on October 20th, 2009, and done my surgery October 29th, 2009!

I wish I knew more about all of these things to help encourage you, but I am new to this. I start my treatments of Radiation and Chemo on I believe November 30th. I know I can tell you that this led me to rededicate my life to The Lord, and through Christ all things are possible. We have to keep our faith, I know that! I will be praying for the Lord to give you the strength to help your baby fight this, and I will keep you in my prayers always!

Michelle

thank you &hope you a long life
    im pray to you and keep going