Best Brain Cancer Care in Northwest

lynn1950
lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
edited March 2014 in Brain Cancer #1
Hi, The husband of a friend has just had brain surgery (Thursday morning) and is diagnosed with brain cancer. They'll get the path reports on Monday. They are looking for brain cancer oncologist. Any recommendations? We live in south central Idaho. Thanks for your help. Lynn

Comments

• sue Siwek
    sue Siwek Member Posts: 279
    google ask for the best
    google ask for the best place in your state for brain cancer treatment. go there. i will tell you that you are not that far from michigan and henry ford hospital is one of the top hospitals nationally for brain tumors and has saved my husbands life. he has survived going on his 10th year with a grade 3 anaplastic astrocytoma. our oncologist at henry is doctor tom doyle, great man.
  • lynn1950
    sue Siwek said:

google ask for the best
    google ask for the best place in your state for brain cancer treatment. go there. i will tell you that you are not that far from michigan and henry ford hospital is one of the top hospitals nationally for brain tumors and has saved my husbands life. he has survived going on his 10th year with a grade 3 anaplastic astrocytoma. our oncologist at henry is doctor tom doyle, great man.

Thanks, Sue. We are across
    Thanks, Sue. We are across the country from Michigan (I know this because Chicago is my hometown). But I will relay this information to my friends. I will also try the Google tact. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • arkansasbrains
    arkansasbrains Member Posts: 38
    lynn1950 said:

Thanks, Sue. We are across
    Thanks, Sue. We are across the country from Michigan (I know this because Chicago is my hometown). But I will relay this information to my friends. I will also try the Google tact. xoxoxoxo Lynn

lynn
    little rock, arkansas. UAMS. i know it might sound kind of crazy, but look into it. we are so fortunate to be here. my husband had two craniotomies this year, performed by gazi yasargil, who invented the microscope and many other instruments used in modern brain surgery. he's 84 years old and our hero. we have met many people from all over the country/world who have traveled here for treatment for all kinds of cancer with different doctors. hope it helps!
  • lynn1950

lynn
    little rock, arkansas. UAMS. i know it might sound kind of crazy, but look into it. we are so fortunate to be here. my husband had two craniotomies this year, performed by gazi yasargil, who invented the microscope and many other instruments used in modern brain surgery. he's 84 years old and our hero. we have met many people from all over the country/world who have traveled here for treatment for all kinds of cancer with different doctors. hope it helps!

Thank you, Arkansas. Who
    Thank you, Arkansas. Who knew? I will share your information. xoxoxo Lynn